Most realistic GTA yet?

awsomeking5

Judging by the stuff in the trailer it seems to be the most realistic one yet (graphics, storyline, city, etc...) What do you guys think?

And I also find it f*cking stupid that some people actually are dissapointed by this, like are they greedy peices of sh*t or just retarded? its a trailer, they havnt played it yet they are saying it sucks and they are dissapointed....dumbasses

EVERY gta trailer we say its gonna be the best one yet. Even for the disapointing LCS and VCS.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Tracksuit Hitman

Judging by the graphics that we saw in the trailer, I'd say that the graphics will be the best, and the most realistic out of the GTA series. I'd also say that the cars, and the gameplay seem to be the most realistic out of the series. I can't say for sure though, because after all we all saw the same thing, which was a small trailer that lasted just over one and a half minutes. The cars, look more up-to-date, and so do the graphics. But, I guess we'll have to wait and see the second trailer to be able to get more of an accurate opinion on how realistic the game itself will be. From the first trailer, all we can tell is the up-to-date elements (including cars) and the realism of the graphics.

aka geobst

Finn 7 five 11
This topic seems to be going nowhere...

Thank f*ck you posted, otherwise things could have sour. For next time how about you just leave the topic to die rather than post something that contributes in no way.

/Rant

______

Judging from the trailer the environment will look much more life like, aside from that the game probably wont be anymore "realistic" than the other gta titles.

Not speaking of realism here but I thought the narrator (presumably the protagonist) did extremely well to portray himself as genuine and a real person, if rockstar writes the script well they have this talented fellow to act it out. So hopefully this will be the best story yet.

lOOks very realistic. id want in game graphics 2 lOOk as life like as l.a. noire. the facial capture technology is amaZing.

What i seen is the trailer was remarkable the game looks more detailed ,the landscape looks great the game is bigger for starters & even the bums have a tent to sleep in also a gas light ,we will be able to see in.

So yes the game will be better im happy with it .

not to mention the game itself will last for at least easy 5 years online .

ITS V its massive & it looks realy out there....

I would've thought it'd be, they get more realistic as they come.

GTA4 doesn't have the customisation of GTA SA, but the graphics and physics are what make a game look and feel more realistic, so I'm sure this GTA will be the most realistic and best GTA game ever to date. It will have to be.

The idea is to move forward, not take steps backwards,. I'm certain that a lot of features that could have been implemented in GTA4 where held back, but will be brought in for GTA5, it only makes sense to play your cards right in this business... you don't get anywhere by showing your full hand from the get-go.

Harwood Butch3r

Hybrid of SA and GTA IV is what I'm guessing.

Realistic graphics, physics, details etc of GTA IV, but more light hearted gameplay features like SA customising, purchaseable safehouses etc.

I'm still undecided on the story though since well nothing has really been revealed at all, but I'm sensing a bit more in favour of GTA IV, but not as serious. So maybe TBOGT'esque.

iGrandTheftAuto

I believe it will be the most realistic GTA yet... but in that trailer, at the very beginning, we all know what we have seen, that we all haven't seen EVER in a GTA game. A dog. Well I don't know about any of you, but I'm hoping that there isn't any animals in this game because I have a heart and don't want to see any animals get killed in a video game.

user posted image

I believe it will be the most realistic GTA yet... but in that trailer, at the very beginning, we all know what we have seen, that we all haven't seen EVER in a GTA game. A dog. Well I don't know about any of you, but I'm hoping that there isn't any animals in this game because I have a heart and don't want to see any animals get killed in a video game.

really? mercie_blink.gif

animals i think would be great, adding more realism and challenge, i dont think having heart comes into virtually shooting things

really? mercie_blink.gif

animals i think would be great, adding more realism and challenge, i dont think having heart comes into virtually shooting things

I was laughing at what he said. biggrin.gif I really do want animals in this game, i would have a ball killing em.

Ever think that R* might let us kill some animals, but not all of them? Or maybe not kill any of them?

And before anyone brings up the weak argument, "But they did in Red Dead Redemption," I know, I'm not talking about that, it has no relevance to R* allowing animals to die in a GTA title. In RDR it was appropriate because of the time and place it took, but really GTA there isn't. And also, I'm neither for or against there being animals to kill or not kill, I frankly don't care, I'm more interested in the most dangerous game on the planet: MAN!

Seriously? In a game were you can kill as many people as you come across, OMG i'm just beating a dead horse here, whoops sorry.

I hope there are ridable and killable horses in this game, not too much of a stretch considering mountain trails and RDR.

Once i killed it I will beat it in your honour.

What a f*cking hypocrite. You want animals not to be killed but people killed is ok? For Christ's sake what is the world coming to..

Just in case we get another arugment about this realistic crap... let me KILL that excuse that games being realistic is a bad thing, AGAIN, by posting my post from the previous TWO post about this again...(Which at be seen at this Link , but I'm posting it again to KILL the excuse of realism being bad, and ONCE AGAIN showing with FACTS how realism is a GOOD thing...)

#1. there is already a Topic for this, http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=448549&st=0

#2. I, yes ME already proved that realism doesn't make the game bad, makes it good here was my post proving how realism is good, and how GTA SA is the MOST realistic game in the GTA series:

People here seem to not understand what Realism in GTA games are... Being able to change clothes, get a haircut, customize cars(that is realistic), take photos, not being able to escape a 6 star wanted level without cheats, your weight fat or skinny or muscular, sex appeal, respect, stamina, Swimming, gambling... IS REALISM, that's the things that MADE GTA SA a success,

that IS WHY GTA IV failed a little bit, because it was MISSING those things, and those things("Being able to change clothes, get a haircut, customize cars(that is realistic), take photos, not being able to escape a 6 star wanted level without cheats, your weight fat or skinny or muscular, sex appeal, respect, stamina, Swimming, gambling") ARE REALISTIC.

Get it through your thick skulls that some of you are being hypocritical, ALOT of you COMPLAINED that GTA IV sucked because you couldn't Customize cars, or get a hair cut, or work out, or take pictures, or gamble, or change your body weight etc, when ALL of that was REALISM and then you complain that GTA IV was too realistic? no no... fix your words, it was SERIOUS, but HELL no was it realistic, HELL NO, so many limitations, not being able to get a haircut... UN-Realistic, not being able to to lose or gain weight... UN-Realistic, not being able to work out... UN-Realistic, not being able to DIVE underwater... UN-Realistic. That is WHY you didn't like GTA IV, because it was missing all those things, all those REALISTIC things, thus you disliked it because it was LESS realistic than SA.

So no, do not tell me again that GTA IV was "too realistic" when SA was more realistic than that game, in fact GTA IV was kinda Un-realistic. GTA IV has more realistic PHYSICS, I'll give ya that, but that's it. everything else is pretty unrealistic.

And also, don't say it sucked because it was "too realistic" when it wasn't really that realistic, and GTA SA was MORE realistic. by saying that you want a less realistic GTA game, you might as well buy GTA IV or the GTA games before San Andreas, because that is what your looking for, not SA, because again... San Andreas IS realistic and I proved that with fact.

SA is a very realistic game, The people who loved San Andreas are the people who love REALISM. makes no sense how the same people who want less realism hate GTA IV, that game was realistic, it makes them look like they have no clue what there talking about.

So instead of using realism as an excuse to why you don't like GTA IV, just say that it was too limited in realism, and that it was too unrealistic for you, OR your reason may be that it was too SERIOUS, BIG difference between seriousness and realism.

GTA SA = VERY Realistic, Less Serious

GTA IV = VERY Serious, Less realistic

Sorry for the long rant, but this has gone on for years, had to clear it up already, in conclusion you dislike GTA IV for being TOO serious, not too realistic, because the game wasn't even that realistic.

QUOTE (secksyjames @ Saturday, Oct 29 2011, 04:23)

QUOTE (rmisdice @ Saturday, Oct 29 2011, 01:04)

People here seem to not understand what Realism in GTA games are... Being able to change clothes, get a haircut, customize cars(that is realistic), take photos, not being able to escape a 6 star wanted level without cheats, your weight fat or skinny or muscular, sex appeal, respect, stamina, Swimming, gambling... IS REALISM, that's the things that MADE GTA SA a success,

that IS WHY GTA IV failed a little bit, because it was MISSING those things, and those things("Being able to change clothes, get a haircut, customize cars(that is realistic), take photos, not being able to escape a 6 star wanted level without cheats, your weight fat or skinny or muscular, sex appeal, respect, stamina, Swimming, gambling") ARE REALISTIC.

Get it through your thick skulls that some of you are being hypocritical, ALOT of you COMPLAINED that GTA IV sucked because you couldn't Customize cars, or get a hair cut, or work out, or take pictures, or gamble, or change your body weight etc, when ALL of that was REALISM and then you complain that GTA IV was too realistic? no no... fix your words, it was SERIOUS, but HELL no was it realistic, HELL NO, so many limitations, not being able to get a haircut... UN-Realistic, not being able to to lose or gain weight... UN-Realistic, not being able to work out... UN-Realistic, not being able to DIVE underwater... UN-Realistic. That is WHY you didn't like GTA IV, because it was missing all those things, all those REALISTIC things, thus you disliked it because it was LESS realistic than SA.

So no, do not tell me again that GTA IV was "too realistic" when SA was more realistic than that game, in fact GTA IV was kinda Un-realistic. GTA IV has more realistic PHYSICS, I'll give ya that, but that's it. everything else is pretty unrealistic.

And also, don't say it sucked because it was "too realistic" when it wasn't really that realistic, and GTA SA was MORE realistic. by saying that you want a less realistic GTA game, you might as well buy GTA IV or the GTA games before San Andreas, because that is what your looking for, not SA, because again... San Andreas IS realistic and I proved that with fact.

SA is a very realistic game, The people who loved San Andreas are the people who love REALISM.  makes no sense how the same people who want less realism hate GTA IV, that game was realistic, it makes them look like they have no clue what there talking about.

So instead of using realism as an excuse to why you don't like GTA IV, just say that it was too limited in realism, and that it was too unrealistic for you, OR your reason may be that it was too SERIOUS, BIG difference between seriousness and realism.

GTA SA = VERY Realistic, Less Serious

GTA IV = VERY Serious, Less realistic

Sorry for the long rant, but this has gone on for years, had to clear it up already, in conclusion you dislike GTA IV for being TOO serious, not too realistic, because the game wasn't even that realistic.

Having more stuff to do isn't realism. It's having more stuff to do. GTA IV was a WAY more realistic game, in almost every aspect. I don't think you understand.

Getting a haircut in San Andreas wasn't realistic at all. CJ would walk in with a buzz cut and then walk out with an afro. PLEASE explain to me how that was realistic. You could manage to buff yourself up to Arnold level in a matter of days. How is that realistic? You could swim under water for like an hour with maximum lung capacity. That's not realistic, because your brain begins to die when you go like, 2 minutes without oxygen.

I agree with you, that GTA IV wasn't as fun (IMO) because of these missing features, but that doesn't even remotely mean the game was less realistic. In real life (i.e. realism) if you ran someone over with a car (you shouldn't) they would react the way they do in GTA IV (sort of). In San Andreas, they do the same thing as if you shot them; that stupid flop onto their belly while in mid-air. HOW on Earth is that realistic?

IMO, having less features in IV was probably more realistic. I doubt Niko, an immigrant fresh off the docks, wants to attract attention to himself by pimping out an Infernus with spinners and gold paint. It just doesn't make sense.

Again, Less Features =/= Less Realistic. I cannot stress that enough.

So you are saying that SA IS less realistic than GTA IV because it has less realistic things. yet ALL GTA games have things that are unrealistic, SA has alot of unrealistic things, and so does IV, but overall GTA SA is STILL more realistic. Answer me this... is NOT being able to cut your hair realistic? no it isn't, so don't pull the double standard. the swimming, the haircuts, and etc isn't ENTIRELY realistic in GTA SA, but it's WAY MORE realistic than IV and there is NO denying that. and I'll explain why in a second...

the realism makes the game better, not worse, it's just an excuse for "I don't want GTA to be serious anymore", also, you might have not read where I said ". GTA IV has more realistic PHYSICS, I'll give ya that,"

No ones denying that the physics in GTA IV are more realistic(because they are, and it makes the game even MORE fun, thus proving that realism makes it fun) but everything else in IV, is more limited and that does not relate to reality because in real life, we have FREE WILL. we have the free will to dive underwater, to get muscles and etc, that is reality and GTA IV doesn't have that so that is unrealistic on that part.

unlike SA where they AT LEAST give you those options, may be kind of unrealistic because like you said about the haircuts for example "CJ would walk in with a buzz cut and then walk out with an afro.", which is true, but AT LEAST the option is still there, and the free will to do it is still there so it has SOME FORM of Realism to it. unlike in GTA IV where there is NO option/free will to do so, which makes that part(about the haircuts) COMPLETELY, 100% unrealistic, Which just further proves my point... GTA SA is STILL more realistic than GTA IV.

GTA SA may not be the most Realistic game of all time, but it is the most realistic GTA game.

The realism in GTA SA may not be so realistic, may not be 100% accurate but the fact that it's AT LEAST THERE, makes it MORE Realistic than IV, because IV doesn't EVEN have those things, which means... DING DING DING... LESS realistic. not saying SA is a VERY realistic game, just saying that IT IS the MOST realistic GTA game.(so far at least, we don't know about V)

So, AGAIN, if people want to complain about GTA IV's realism they might as well complain about San Andreas(because that was MORE realistic than GTA IV)

Fans of the past games(1 through IV) need to move on and think about making an INNOVATIVE game, instead of "I want it to be like San Andreas" or "I want it to be like Saints Row" or "I want it to be like GTA IV", no need to make games that were already made.

You know what I want? I want what GTA V is supposed to be... ORIGINAL. I want it be the complete package. I don't like taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Answer me this question... did you like that in GTA SA you could get haircuts, completely customize your attire, and build the way your body looks? just answer with a yes or no.

Looks like people ignored my last post when I proved SA was MORE realistic than IV.

Also use your words right... I know that EVERYONE wants a MORE Realistic GTA, I know I do. there's a DIFFERENCE between saying that you want the game to be MORE realistic, than saying that you want it COMPLETELY Realistic. Who THE F*CK is asking for game to be COMPLETELY Realistic? that's just putting words in peoples mouth, Of course ANY game that you make COMPLETELY Realistic will suck and be boring, that's common sense. But Also a game that is BASED on something in reality can't be COMPLETELY Unrealistic, that will make the game suck as well.

You need to have a balance of both, but it needs to lean MORE towards the Realistic side than the unrealistic side just like SA did.

this is GRAND THEFT AUTO, not mass effects, it's about being a criminal, not about killing aliens.

GTA SA is the most realistic game, was not the most serious.

GTA IV less realistic than SA, and had a serious tone

Learn what the word REALISTIC means. REALISTIC: re·al·is·tic (r-lstk)

adj.

1. Tending to or expressing an awareness of things as they really are

2. Of or relating to the representation of objects, actions, or social conditions as they actually are

Now lets use an example to debunk this, GTA SA let you have the ABILITY to dive underwater, get a haircut, fully customize clothes, work out body image, which has SOME RELATION to reality, EVEN if those features weren't 100% accurate to reality, it is STILL there, so it RELATES TO REALITY.

Whereas GTA IV for example DOESN'T have those features so in that way it has NO RELATION to reality.

GTA SA is MORE Realistic than GTA IV. use your words better, you guys are talking about GTA IV being too SERIOUS and unrealistic, that's why you dislike it, because you know DAMN WELL that if GTA IV had the REALISTIC features from GTA SA, that you'd be praising it.

and

Hmm... Why is GTA V getting so much praise? that's right... because it's MORE REALISTIC than GTA IV, even the TRAILER is more realistic than GTA IV. they brought back planes... realistic, made the theme about money/recession... REALISTIC, put SO much detail... Realistic, brought back haircuts/clothing being custom(SUPPOSEDLY, not saying it's fact that it's in the game)

Now tell me, PLEASE try to tell me how GTA V isn't more realistic than GTA IV... And PLEASE try to tell me that realism is bad when EVERYONE is going crazy over what they just seen in the GTA V... most of that was REALISM. so to all you GTA SA fans who complained for years and years about GTA IV's "realism"   , How come you aren't complaining about GTA V's trailer?...

See I love a good amount of realism, games shouldn't be too realistic(sims for example) or too unrealistic(GTA IV for example), they should have balance.

GTA V is ORIGINAL(Don't give me that BS that it's gonna be like GTA SA or GTA IV, FORGET about those 2 games, those are past, if you want to play those games, then go play them, no need to recreate them again, just stupid) and looks fantastic, and that just a trailer. so much we don't know about, it's going to be epic, MORE epic than GTA SA and GTA IV COMBINED.

All of those post of mine showing how GTA SA is more realistic than GTA IV proved that realism is good (which all those post could be found here at this topic on the last couple of pages---> http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=448549&st=0 ) it must have a balance of both realistic and unrealistic because it is a video game, HOWEVER it should lean more towards the realistic side like GTA SA did, that's what made it fun.

This topic is not needed, there is already one out there about realism. ( http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=448549&st=0 )