Date on the trash cans?

Untame Snail

I swear, these trash cans might have the date. The "codes" on them start off with "RSGED" which could very well be "RockStar Games Estimated Date."

But the numbers that come after are a blur....

user posted image

Current thought: RSGED_61078

try to fill in that blank and decipher it.

Edited by Untame Snail

grope_4_that_date

Hell ya! thats a bike leaning on the house!

But did you see the moonwalking bear?

One on the right reads "Please Don't ...... " something, not a number, though it looks something like "1972", it's no hidden code related to a release date

The 2405 on the pavement could also hint at something, its shown on the postal van a milisecond b4 also! all just speculation but!

Hell ya! thats a bike leaning on the house!

But did you see the moonwalking bear?

jesus christ i laughed at the bear thing.

The 2405 on the pavement could also hint at something, its shown on the postal van a milisecond b4 also! all just speculation but!

that could mean 24/05 (EU) or 05/24 (US), maybe that's some release date i mean, 24 May 2012

One on the right reads "Please Don't ...... " something, not a number, though it looks something like "1972", it's no hidden code related to a release date

Look closer, man. I have better than 20/20 vision and I am positive it doesn't say "Please don't-."

The more I look at it, the more it seems like says "RSGEDQ_107_" which could very well be pointing to their third fiscal quarter if the first illegible blur is a 3. That would support the May 24th theory.

Edited by Untame Snail

The "codes" on them start off with "RSGED" which could very well be "RockStar Games Estimated Date."

Dude, seriously?

Everyone is looking WAY into this trailer. I mean, I get it, everyone's excited, and yes, it was a cool trailer, but some of this stuff makes absolutely no sense and has no merit.

The "codes" on them start off with "RSGED" which could very well be "RockStar Games Estimated Date."

Dude, seriously?

Everyone is looking WAY into this trailer. I mean, I get it, everyone's excited, and yes, it was a cool trailer, but some of this stuff makes absolutely no sense and has no merit.

Do you not understand what fun is?

Seriously. There are two kinds of people here. Those who want to play detective to occupy their waiting time, and those who roam around calling everyone in the other group stupid. Why don't you (Not just you. The whole group) just let us speculate and shut up? Seriously.

the address of the house says "2405" so it could be on May 24, 2012....hmm

I don't think thats the house address because the postal van b4 it also has that number!

Dude, seriously?

Do you not understand what fun is?

Seriously. There are two kinds of people here. Those who want to play detective to occupy their waiting time, and those who roam around calling everyone in the other group stupid. Why don't you (Not just you. The whole group) just let us speculate and shut up? Seriously.

Because the idiot group wouldn't be able to do what they want to do.

So anyway, the last four digits look more and more like 1079, which are also on the Futo's license plate. I'm not sure where to go next, but I'm determined to make up my own scavenger hunt.

2405 comes up an awful lot, too much to be a coincidence.

- End of BoGT

- On the postal van here

- The house address here

Too much to be a coincidence!

Agreed, actually. And I think I might actually be right about this, oddly enough. I'm pretty sure it does say "RSGEDQ3....," pointing toward a release in their third quarter, such as, you know, May 24th.

2405 comes up an awful lot, too much to be a coincidence.

- End of BoGT

- On the postal van here

- The house address here

Too much to be a coincidence!

and also gtav.net posted a poll with the question "1102?" which is the release date of the first trailer (today) which means they knew!, and one of the poll options was 5 guys, 5 bullets, 5 letters and the second one was "204", and 204 is the number of days from today to 24/may.

also, why would rockstar put a scene in the trailer of a guy sticking a house for sale sign? even if it was part of the story it couldn't be that interesting to be part of the first trailer, there must be a meaning to it. and just when he does it the date 24/05 is written on the sidewalk, and a blue truck passes by with a license plate starting with 24 and ending with 5, meaning "For sale, 24/5".

I really don't need any more evidence than that, the release date WILL be 24 to may 2012, there is no way these are coincidences.

Oh, and another thing: the song in the trailer was released in 24 may too... if you think this is a coincidence you're crazy, it's either rockstar trying to fool us or this is a release date.

Edited by omeromer

The oil rig at 1:04 says 61078- which fits perfectly into the trash can code.

RSGED_61078

I changed the Q to a blank because I'm still not very sure about it. But I do think I just found another recurring number. What does it mean?

grmsutherland

The date doesn't work as new games are released on a Tuesday and May 24th 2012 is actually a Thursday. I like the idea and I would much rather get the game in May than a later date but I always head out for new release Tuesday. I am waiting for Tuesday Nov 15 to pick up SR3 and Assassins Creed Revolations. So as much as the theory sounds good I just can see the 2405 meaning May 24th.

Ehh the numbers could mean anything, but your next step after finding May 24th 2012 is to see if that date is on a Tuesday.

I know most/all games are released on Tuesdays.. I never understood the deal with releasing games on Tuesdays, but usually they are. Do not believe me, check the dates of released games. I have a feeling though everyone already knows that.

If it's not the game, it could just be the next trailer. Or the final trailer. Or the release date announcement.

The date doesn't work as new games are released on a Tuesday and May 24th 2012 is actually a Thursday. I like the idea and I would much rather get the game in May than a later date but I always head out for new release Tuesday. I am waiting for Tuesday Nov 15 to pick up SR3 and Assassins Creed Revolations. So as much as the theory sounds good I just can see the 2405 meaning May 24th.

Well that's not foolproof, Skyrim's out on the 11th and that's a Friday.

Hahaha I just realized I post the same message at the same time, but yea It is not foolproof, but it usually is the case.

RSGED would be Rockstar Games Edinburgh. The numbers probably some cheeky prop artist's birthday. Or is that too boring an answer smile.gif