Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,880 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Vortex345

The Real Protagonist?

Who is the protagonist?  

512 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the protagonist?

• Old dude overlooking the city (the narrator?)
    • Hispanic guy in the red car.
    • Both
    • Both + more.

Vortex345

The new protagonist at first seems to be the man narrating the trailer, but upon further inspection, the man I pictured below is performing lots of things that make him seem like he is the true protagonist. You seem him putting the hood down on his convertible, driving around a corner while being chased by cops, and even running from the cops in an alleyway. I know it could be stuff pedestrians could be doing, but this same guy pops up several times throughout the trailer, and it goes along with the rumors of the protagonist being hispanic. He could even be one of several playable protags as other rumors suggest, with the narrator being another. What do you think?

user posted image

œaœa

If he is the protagonist it'll really bother me. He's dressed exactly like CJ.

Kill Frenzy!

He´s so ugly .__.

Chunk

He's my guess.

Gabe Logan

The protagonist is the old dude on the balcony as you see him driving a car and coming out of the van in the trailer.

BigBoyTraks
He´s so ugly .__.

Should he be sexy?? suicidal.gif

agent17

The narrator doesn't fit this character. Based on the narration in the trailer I would image this guy is the protagonist, considering he is seen multiple times in the trailer.

user posted image

That's doesn't mean there can't be multiple protagonists. Rest assured that guy running from the police is almost definitely a main character.

pdbq

the protag wont be confirmed until a later trailer, we cannot confirm anything from the trailer, there are rumours of sightings of niko,tommy and cj from the trailer. The protag is the narrator, but who is the narrator?? TBC

FIGHTME100

I think it's this guy:

user posted image

Voice matches the person.

Drake1212

The guy in the car and the guy in the alleyway is not the same.

The guy running from the cops has tatoos wheras the one in the car doesn't have, plus their faces looks none alike.

Jeez, it's incredible how much you guys want an african-american protagonist, yet you're still so racist, that you think every black guy looks like eachother.

simkas

You posted pictures of 2 different people. The guy in the top has tattoos all over him and appears to be black, while the guy in the bottom pictures has no tattoos on him at all and seems to be hispanic.

furybeaver

The guy running from the cops has tatoos wheras the one in the car doesn't have, plus their faces looks none alike.

Jeez, it's incredible how much you guys want an african-american protagonist, yet you're still so racist, that you think every black guy looks like eachother.

There face kind of does look alike and maybe you can have tattoos or not like san andreas.

BigBoyTraks
You posted pictures of 2 different people. The guy in the top has tattoos all over him and appears to be black, while the guy in the bottom pictures has no tattoos on him at all and seems to be hispanic.

I'm sure if it's anything like San Andreas, tattoos can be added to the main character. How in the hell can you distinguish one is black or hispanic? Both are clearly brown people and are bald.

FIGHTME100

The narrator's voice doesn't sound black or latino.

solofme

I think the narrator is the main protagonist, in gta IV the narrator of the first trailer was Nico. I think this trailer is rather similar since it tell's why he is there. Whoever the main protagonist become R* will make it work tounge.gif

Oow and the narrator is probably the older guy in the suit

Money Over Bullshit

I'd say the guy hiking up the mountain is the protagonist and the other guy you pictured is some other supporting character. The guy narrating the trailer is most definitely hispanic although it sounds like he has lived in America for quite some time.

Alastair Smyth
The guy narrating the trailer is most definitely hispanic although it sounds like he has lived in America for quite some time.

Hispanic people live in America. Sorry if I am annoying you, but it's a continent.

I think we'll get multiple protagonists, the guy running from the cops could be something like a cutscene, doesn't mean it's a playable or a main character. My bet definitely goes on the gray-haired narrator, though.

Money Over Bullshit

The guy narrating the trailer is most definitely hispanic although it sounds like he has lived in America for quite some time.

Hispanic people live in America. Sorry if I am annoying you, but it's a continent.

I think we'll get multiple protagonists, the guy running from the cops could be something like a cutscene, doesn't mean it's a playable or a main character. My bet definitely goes on the gray-haired narrator, though.

You know what I meant. dozingoff.gif

Although you can disregard what I said at first, I'm now almost positive that the Protagonist is the the guy who looks out over the city. He is the only dude who appears more than once in the trailer apart from the guy in the convertible. The reason I don't think it's the latter is because of the dialogue in the trailer.. the guy says he wants to retire suggesting he is older.. he speaks about his kids.. he appears pulling off a robbery right after the narrater says "well you know how it is" not to mention the voice doesn't suit the guy in the convertible at all. I do think he is a prominent character though.

The guy running from the police is just a random pedestrian in my view.. his face lacks the detail of a main character.

Edited by Money Over Bullshit

No Limits

lol what? 1st off they do look extremely similar especially seeing that they have on the exact same things that are visible from the car view and the streets. He's wearing a wife beater in both shots as well as the same complextion and same exact hair cut. The only thing that's different is the tattoos and maybe it's customization, the build is different or different parts in the game who knows. But the guy looks the same.

Kwandilibro

It's not the black guy running, it's the other black guy on the jetski, who also appears to be the guy next to the foreclosed house. Unless my eyes are deceiving me. But the guy in the alley, I don't know, because they showed two very clear shots of his face. No mask, no side view. Just his face.

Snake Without a Tongue

user posted image

This is the guy, right here.

That black dude is too crudely modeled. He's got NPC written all over him.

Ryder 556

I agree with FIGHTME100 on who the protagonist might be. His voice just fit's the body.

And as Money over Bullsh*t said, the guy running from the cops is probably either a cut scene, or a pre scripted event made for the trailer. Remember in one of the GTA IV trailers(I think it was the third one) a guy is running through the streets of Liberty City being chased by a helicopter. I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen that happen.

dirtycopVCPD

Maybe that rumor about playing as multiple characters is true.

ucah8er
The new protagonist at first seems to be the man narrating the trailer, but upon further inspection, the man I pictured below is performing lots of things that make him seem like he is the true protagonist. You seem him putting the hood down on his convertible, driving around a corner while being chased by cops, and even running from the cops in an alleyway. I know it could be stuff pedestrians could be doing, but this same guy pops up several times throughout the trailer, and it goes along with the rumors of the protagonist being hispanic. He could even be one of several playable protags as other rumors suggest, with the narrator being another. What do you think?

user posted image

ahaha8 YOU FAIL! guy in car doesn't have tats

DawidZnawca
user posted image

This is the guy, right here.

That black dude is too crudely modeled. He's got NPC written all over him.

He's definitely protagonist.

The question is only one - will he be the only playable character or not.

He seems to be pretty cool. A middle-aged guy with shame past, comes to LS to make things run PROPER. Pretty cool.

Brayzie

Exactly what I was going to say!

Money Over Bullshit

What age would you say that guy (at the top) is? I would say mid 40s.. bit old for a protagonist but Tommy Vercetti and Tony Cipriani did seem pretty old to me too so it's not really a major issue.

Long_Haired_Boy
It's not the black guy running, it's the other black guy on the jetski, who also appears to be the guy next to the foreclosed house. Unless my eyes are deceiving me. But the guy in the alley, I don't know, because they showed two very clear shots of his face. No mask, no side view. Just his face.

Yeah he may be a random character around the city.

DawidZnawca

But can you imagine this old guy running as fast as the black guy with tattoos or will he be able to steer a plane? Maybe that's why there will be multi protagonists, to make things look realistic, like X can masturbate but he can't fly a plane but Y can't masturbate but he can fly a plane.

Altought it will be hard to play as 5 guys in one game. Kinda gay.

Money Over Bullshit
But can you imagine this old guy running as fast as the black guy with tattoos or will he be able to steer a plane? Maybe that's why there will be multi protagonists, to make things look realistic, like X can masturbate but he can't fly a plane but Y can't masturbate but he can fly a plane.

Altought it will be hard to play as 5 guys in one game. Kinda gay.

Why does anybody have to masterbate??