Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,513 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

NikothetheBellic

GTA V First Trailer Discussion [Official Thread]

Brown Sugar

don't know if anyone piointed out the silencers on the weapons in the picture that is presumably a bank robbery, does this mean customizable weapons?

GamerBear
No one spotted the Piercing shop (and maybe tattoo) @ 0:24 second ? (billboard behind the car)

and I haven't seen anyone commenting the gym on the beach.

Literally all this stuff has been mentioned on the first 10 pages. OP. Edit your sh*t

I just finished browsing 60 pages and saw no one pointing out to the Piercing shop, my bad if it's already been posted, must have missed it !

It was only said that the piercing shop could mean customization for your character but that's all that was said about that.

Over_the_hill

I don't know why people are assuming this is going to be a "sequel" to San Andreas. I was getting a lot of GTA IV vibes from the trailer.

Looked good anyhow.

Rucke

Someone has probably already discovered it, but there's a dog right at the beginning of the trailer.

S2580

Just to add my two cents, I personally believe the narrator is similar to the first Red Dead trailer that had a narrator, in that it was not the protag talking, but gave you an insight into the game's world, don't know if this has been mentioned yet

Deffpony

I just watched the IGN livestream from before. What a bunch of ass hats.

The one guys says that in SA you couldnt explore the Mountaints that much

Then the same guy askes if Vinewood sign was in the first SA

Did you even play SA you retard.

IGN should be ashamed for letting this guy commentate on a series he clearly knows nothing about.

Stick to COD and Uncharted

gta-space

i've gotta admit this was one hell of a trailer

procent

user posted image

Dont know if posted already but the 'jet' looks like a Joint strike fighter, the successor of the harrier

EDIT:

Versous

Is it likely that they'll unveil new cities with coming trailers? Would be mind-blowing !

Well I think it's likely, the first SA trailer only showed Los Santos. Also, with all the cars having "San Andreas" license plates, I'd assume LS isn't the only city in the game.

The fact that planes are back really suggests a enormous map, something to dwarf Liberty City.

ok,

I really hope it, but the thing is that the mountains/countrysides looks bigger than the city itself, so I wouldn't be "shocked" if this is the only place we'll get...

I hope R* will release some informations soon.

ACR
Just to add my two cents, I personally believe the narrator is similar to the first Red Dead trailer that had a narrator, in that it was not the protag talking, but gave you an insight into the game's world, don't know if this has been mentioned yet

Thats what im also thinking, at first i though that middle age dude is protagonist, but brown guy that drives robbing van, convertible and running in the alleway from police is much more suitable.

fridaynightscream

I LOVED the trailer. The game looks amazing. I hope it comes out in Spring or Summer 2012. I'm so glad to see it's back in San Andreas, my favorite GTA location.

adrian949

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i believe this would be a great way to reinvent san andreas by staying to true to real world geography and incorporating the map aspects of read dead redemption

fitbikesbmx
Is it likely that they'll unveil new cities with coming trailers? Would be mind-blowing !

Well I think it's likely, the first SA trailer only showed Los Santos. Also, with all the cars having "San Andreas" license plates, I'd assume LS isn't the only city in the game.

The fact that planes are back really suggests a enormous map, something to dwarf Liberty City.

ok,

I really hope it, but the thing is that the mountains/countrysides looks bigger than the city itself, so I wouldn't be "shocked" if this is the only place we'll get...

I hope R* will release some informations soon.

Very true. I loved LC, don't get me wrong but I think a lot of people got bored with the intense urban environment. I think if V just features LS and then the countryside around it, it will still be leaps and bounds ahead of IV.

Niko B3llic
I just watched the IGN livestream from before. What a bunch of ass hats.

The one guys says that in SA you couldnt explore the Mountaints that much

Then the same guy askes if Vinewood sign was in the first SA

Did you even play SA you retard.

IGN should be ashamed for letting this guy commentate on a series he clearly knows nothing about.

Stick to COD and Uncharted

winner= Dark Souls lmao. yeah they have pretty dumb people who work on that site

Hannibal Barca

I for one am glad they are returning to a formerly used location, modernised for the latest consoles.

I wonder if things are that advanced with the game development, that they buck tradition and release the game in the next couple of months, instead of stuffing us around with a long-term release date and subsequent delays. Can only hope.

ckasper502

My THEORY

1. the guy in the red car ( 0:25 & 1:05 ) is the same guy as the guy running from the cops, It could point to customization such as hair cuts, tattoo's, ext. they really don't look that far off from each other ( it is san andreas after all )

2. the narrator is not the protag. but a guy about to be killed ( think life flashing before your eyes trying to figure out how you got here style )

My Story THEORY

1. you a killer set in san andreas surrounded by characters from both 3 and 4 era ( CJ - 0:19, Claude - 1:24, Tommy V - 0:40, Packie - 0:47, Nikko - 0:15, Dessi - 1:02 ) here to kill five people ( see the 5 guys five bullets 5 letters thread ) that could be five old protag's after recieving five hits ( letters ) and it go's choice style where you aim at the head and pull the trigger ( one bullet each - think GTA4's Choice option to kill or walk away ) and rockstars way of saying the past is dead, lets move on

so yeah, my theory is a little out there but its what i got

mrmojo_prime

Hahahaha!!! Saints Row thought they where top dog with their third game and shiny new graphics engine....... Neck Minnet GTA V Five

Crashes their party and made them their bitch devil.gif

GTA V Trailer 10

SRTT RTrailer -1000

eincis

I think this isn't real GTA V engine, but some SA engine because details are good, but rendering not so good. Looks like cartoon game. I hope next trailer we will see better quality.

Kajjy

At 0:50 the license plate says San Andreas!

nyleridedog

Excellent post guys you are unearthing tons of info!

I just wanted to add a little input ,maybe its out there and maybe it could be true!

The older guy mentions family many times and that he wanted to sit in the sun ect with the kids...well

maybe he goes to san andreas because hes got a son there, mixed race maybe?

but he mentions "kids" so maybe more than one love child.

user posted image

and they meet up and end up doing robberies and other crime...(also co-op story maybe)

also i think there maybe a weather system as the flags are blowing in the wind on the beach and golf club..also when the guys are jogging on the pier at the beginning there are ribbons blowing in the wind tied to the pier railings.

cheers guys

keep up the good work

shotGTA
My THEORY

1. the guy in the red car ( 0:25 & 1:05 ) is the same guy as the guy running from the cops, It could point to customization such as hair cuts, tattoo's, ext. they really don't look that far off from each other ( it is san andreas after all )

2. the narrator is not the protag. but a guy about to be killed ( think life flashing before your eyes trying to figure out how you got here style )

My Story THEORY

1. you a killer set in san andreas surrounded by characters from both 3 and 4 era ( CJ - 0:19, Claude - 1:24, Tommy V - 0:40, Packie - 0:47, Nikko - 0:15, Dessi - 1:02 ) here to kill five people ( see the 5 guys five bullets 5 letters thread ) that could be five old protag's after recieving five hits ( letters ) and it go's choice style where you aim at the head and pull the trigger ( one bullet each - think GTA4's Choice option to kill or walk away ) and rockstars way of saying the past is dead, lets move on

so yeah, my theory is a little out there but its what i got

i hope your story theory is right , becaus it rocks biggrin.gif

mikekolesar
I think this isn't real GTA V engine, but some SA engine because details are good, but rendering not so good. Looks like cartoon game. I hope next trailer we will see better quality.

i thought i was the only one disappointed by the graphics displayed in the trailer

Lampka12

They bought EA and they are makin' the SIMS 4

unnepeve

Is that the same man? Someone earlier already quest that this is the main character with his kids,or wife and a kid.

user posted image

SpitfireUA

What are you talking about? GTA SA was using Renderware engine, and that engine now is gone. Likely, GTA V utilizes updated version of RAGE engine, which was made for GTA IV.

Daniel4

At 0:52 from the underpass you can see an electrified railway line, probably the LA Metro (it has some light rail lines)

john blane

excelent trailer. very cinematic, great soundtrack, interesting characters, fantastic setting.

Mount Chiliad colgate.gif