GTA V 2 Disc... What do you think?

SlickSpencer8

SlickSpencer8

*Please do not take this to offense or not to start any wars, kthanks*

What do you think about a 2 disc for GTA V....?

The release of BF3 was a big excitement and I still enjoy it. Never the less it did come with a 2 disc. And so did Forza 3 and I believe 4 (not sure) but the point I am bringing up here is that since all these good games coming out with 2 disc nowadays...do you think R* will? I think they will because it will help with the lag for multi-player. And do you guys think that R* will put more players for online. Like 24? Give me your thoughts!!

facedesk.gif

I wish some people could be banned from creating topics, god save me i do...

SIG-2.jpg

I think they will because it will help with the lag for multi-player. And do you guys think that R* will put more players for online. Like 24? Give me your thoughts!!

What? No it wont help the lag at all, it will just mean they can create a bigger map with better textures, etc. It has nothing to do with playing against other people, it wont allow you to play against more players either it just means there is more storage space for game content. The lag in multiplayer is down to servers, nothing to do with the number of disks the game is on..

SlickSpencer8
facedesk.gif

What seems to be the issuie with this. At least explain yourself... confused.gif

I'd prefer a digi-only copy, no need to have the disk in makes the game that little bit quieter, that little bit more immersive. If it really does turn out to be all of the cities from SA, this would stop people having to worry about cut content, and multiple disks.

However, if you have a tiny HD in your machine, you're going to have to upgrade and, as we all know, Xbox HDs are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced.

But yeah, I could get behind a digi-only release, I'd like that a lot.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

facedesk.gif

What seems to be the issuie with this. At least explain yourself... confused.gif

1. This has been discussed in at least 3 topics that im aware of (Maybe even more) So you could of posted in any of them, or even the GTA V announced topic.

2. There is currently an active topic regarding digital release, this wouldnt of been out of place in a topic like that.

SIG-2.jpg

facedesk.gif

go cry

3. Idiots like him who use topics like this to troll and have no value or decent input into the conversation at atall.

SIG-2.jpg

SlickSpencer8
facedesk.gif

go cry

Get out of this forum you troll.... anuj_cop.gif

i dont think they understand the meaning of LOOK b4 you ask.

in the last 7 days theres been im guessing here 1k topics for the game....

If its true they are using motion scan tech from la noire then I think a multi-disc release on 360 may be inevitable. I do remember when Noire came out the motion scan stuff was cited as the reason for 3 discs.

Why would this go in a digital download topic. this is a different subject and is worthy of discussion. People with knowledge of how much space stuff takes up will hopefully contribute. I'm sure I heard that map textures don't actually take up that much room, but audio files do. Which may make things difficult on multiple discs as the radio will obviously be a lot more varied then LA Noire.

facedesk.gif

go cry

I just helped you and now I get this....

Tequila Sunset

well i have a ps3 so one disk will be enough biggrin.gif hehe

but seriously, i would rather have 20 disks if it made the graphics amazing, awesome soundtrack, gameplay etc than 1 disk with an average game on it

my initial immature fanboy reaction is

but seriously who cares how many discs? i doubt the occasional disk swap would ruin a gta experience.

this has already been discussed multiple times.

And to the post above, the game will not release digital only, they will lose to much fans and money.

The game will be around 10 or more GB, i know i wont buy it then.

BTW: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=490200

Same but older. So this should get locked. icon14.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Gimme as many discs as you can fit in a case! The more discs the better. I don't give two hoots about having to change (as long is it's not to the extent of LA Noire. There wasn't much gameplay content on each disc) if it means I get more gameplay out of it!

It would have 5000 discs and I would still love the game.

5 Protagonists Prove/Theory

"Guns don't kill people, death kills people! Ask a doctor, it's a medical fact, you can't die from a bullet." - Gun Advocate from Chatterbox FM.

SlickSpencer8
facedesk.gif

go cry

I just helped you and now I get this....

First off you were never "helping me" and 2nd is that you should be focusing on the topic in hand... dozingoff.gif

LA noire had THREE disks.

its gonna be at least 2 disks me thinks

Seriously? I never bought it. So the game was 3 discs for the PS3 without the DLC and whatnot? Did you need to switch discs at some point in the game or was one half of the game installed to the console and then you only used one disc?

Official General

The release of BF3 was a big excitement and I still enjoy it. Never the less it did come with a 2 disc. And so did Forza 3 and I believe 4 (not sure) but the point I am bringing up here is that since all these good games coming out with 2 disc nowadays...do you think R* will? I think they will because it will help with the lag for multi-player. And do you guys think that R* will put more players for online. Like 24? Give me your thoughts!!

What the f**k do u mean when you say all these good games are coming out with 2 discs ? You have not specificed which console (s) you are talking about when you say this. All I can say is don't even bother bringing the PS3 into this.

All the recent trends of multiple discs with 2-disc and 3-disc games are strictly for the 360. We PS3 owners don't need to care about that stuff.

@ RED

No, not all. LA Noire was just one disc on the PS3 and it was around 2-3 discs on the 360. The PS3 does not yet have any multiple disc game, thats the reason why it had Blu-Ray in the first place.

Edited by Official General

@ RED

No, not all. LA Noire was just one disc on the PS3 and it was around 2-3 discs on the 360. The PS3 does not yet have any multiple disc game, thats the reason why it had Blu-Ray in the first place.

I see, thanks for clearing that up. 2 discs would make sense on the 360 then if its already been done, nothing new really.