Rockstar Threatens to File Charges.

XTREME0235

ArcaneKnight is on a mission to prove that GTA IV sucked so its useless to explain him anything. Though his point about re-playability factor is true but the way he is going about it is wrong. R* has surely taken care of the re-playability factor in V. They know a lot more about making a good game than us.

Well, alright. I'll go with you on that one. I'm just gonna ignore one-sided things from now on; gotta preserve energy!

Trailer in approx. 31 hours! biggrin.gif

@GTAIV hater: Once you will be handed your box of GTAV, you will stop ranting about all this.

ArcaneKnight is on a mission to prove that GTA IV sucked so its useless to explain him anything. Though his point about re-playability factor is true but the way he is going about it is wrong. R* has surely taken care of the re-playability factor in V. They know a lot more about making a good game than us.

Well, alright. I'll go with you on that one. I'm just gonna ignore one-sided things from now on; gotta preserve energy!

LOL.. When your arguments fail in comparison, a good plan is to always try to discredit the poster doing the schooling.

No problem. Do what you have to do to cope with the reality of the situation.

From strictly a storyline standpoint, I agree IV was an awesome game, but beyond that, it lost that real raw GTA luster I came to know and love. There has to be a balance, or GTA will have lost what got them to this point in the first place. There was no excuse to stray away from that formula.

But now is their chance at redemption. To set the bar where it's never been set before. I hope Rockstar doesn't blow this one, they got A LOT riding on V. Matter of fact they have EVERYTHING riding on V. The fate of GTA and it's prominence in the industry lives or dies with this release. I'll give them a pass with IV, but it's time to put up or shut up. It's all or nothing now. Simple as that.

Edited by ArcaneKnight

Guys please take the discussion about IV somewhere else, this is merely a topic to discuss the current situation about Rockstar taking legal action against these trolls.

LOL.. When your arguments fail in comparison, a good plan is to always try to discredit the poster doing the schooling.

No problem. Do what you have to do to cope with the reality of the situation.

From strictly a storyline standpoint, I agree IV was an awesome game, but beyond that, it lost that real raw GTA luster I came to know and love. There has to be a balance, or GTA will have lost what got them to this point in the first place.

Now is there chance at redemption. To set the bar where it's never been set before. I hope Rockstar doesn't blow this one, they got A LOT riding on V. The fate of GTA and it's prominence in the industry lives or dies with this release. I'll give them a pass with IV but it's time to put up or shut up. It's all or nothing now. Simple as that.

Hey, I'll give you that, too. At least you're giving me the benefit of the doubt. I would have given up on you if you were to discredit me all the way. I just meant in general if people were to just dumb me down, then I would've definitely ignored them and move on. I see that now, you didn't choose to do that, the least you have showed me was to give the other side that you understand what they're talking about me.

And I agree with you, I admit IV, in comparison, just didn't cut it. By itself, yeah, it's excellent.

From what I've seen from Rockstar so far (not counting L.A. Noire, that was mostly Team Bondi's part), content was great and fulfilling. I don't see how it could be possible to f*ck that up after Red Dead Redemption and its success. Following that, Max Payne 3. I think the jump from IV to V, was to show that this is also a big leap. If it weren't, we'd probably get a city name or other for a title.

But this, I'm sure, will be humongous.

EDIT: sh*t, XTREME, sorry, man. I honestly didn't realize I was in the File Charges topic. Just got too caught up in this discussion and I really like getting all my points across. But for the sake of on-topic, I'll shut up about IV now.

@ArcaneKnight Why don't you get it man? Your point is f*cking correct that IV lacked the factor GTA is known for. Even I hate that thing about GTA IV but that doesn't mean that you blame the sh*t out of it.

I'll give them a pass with IV, but it's time to put up or shut up. It's all or nothing now. Simple as that.

Do you know what Rockstar is? What are you?

Wait for GTAV and STFU.

EDIT: sh*t, XTREME, sorry, man. I honestly didn't realize I was in the File Charges topic. Just got too caught up in this discussion and I really like getting all my points across. But for the sake of on-topic, I'll shut up about IV now.

Same goes for me man!! Sorry. blush.gif

The trolls should be punished I say. They defame the fan base.

Edited by deepthroatgta6

Guys please take the discussion about IV somewhere else, this is merely a topic to discuss the current situation about Rockstar taking legal action against these trolls.

It's a blatantly fake post that someone tried to pawn off as an official release on behalf of Rockstar. What do you honestly care what this thread topic's discussion has turned into?

On top of that, info for V hasn't even been released yet, so there really isn't anything to criticize, even though it's caught up in the midst of a heavy IV argument. But this post, is in response to people slandering IV and questioning the direction Rockstar has taken with the franchise, IV is obviously a direct reflection of that, so why can't we talk about IV in here again?

You seem like a wannabe mod trying too hard to impress them hoping they'll give you an invite. Just quit with that and go about your business. They seem to have the positions filled with people that actually know how to moderate a forum, don't ghost mod for them.

Edited by ArcaneKnight

It's a blatantly fake post that someone tried to pawn off as an official release on behalf of Rockstar. What do you honestly care what this thread topic's discussion has turned into?

It doesn't matter, you don't go into a topic in another section and start discussing irrelevant content do you?

Same goes here, if you have nothing worth contributing to this topic that holds relevant context then don't bother posting at all.

You seem like a wannabe mod trying too hard to impress them hoping they'll give you an invite. Just quit with that and go about your business. They seem to have the positions filled with people that actually know how to moderate a forum, don't ghost mod for them.

If you think that trying to keep things organized by reminding people not to get off topic is trying to be a 'wannabe mod' then think again. I get this from people like you all the time when I merely try to keep things sustained to a level at which people don't start ranting off at free will.

If you have a problem with me and the way I post then take it up with a moderator or administrator.

Don't discuss it here please, thank you.

It doesn't matter, you don't go into a topic in another section and start discussing irrelevant content do you?

Same goes here, if you have nothing worth contributing to this topic that holds relevant context then don't bother posting at all.

Very good point. And keeping in mind that it is undeniably fake, there is nothing left to discuss on the topic. I'm going to count it as "Locked on OP's request."

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.