Rockstar Threatens to File Charges.

XTREME0235

A comment was just posted on the Rockstar Games website, under the GTA V announcement section in the comments about Rockstar Games and Microsoft taking action against trolls posting harassing content on their website.

From Reinieboy:

On 25 October 2011 Rockstar games announced on their official site that they would be releasing a trailer for GTA 5. A message was printed below the logo stating that a trailer would be released on 2 November 2011. The response to this announcement was was legendary and record breaking. What ensued was over 36,391 comments by rabid GTA 5 fans around the world frantically posting comments about how excited they were about this news, and what features they wished would appear in this upcoming game. This has been the biggest response to the announcement of any game in the history of the human race. That was, until the trolls started camping out, and spoiled the party. The comment string went from intelligent remarks about GTA 5, including good ideas and wish lists, to trolls posting as much inflammatory remarks as their feeble intellects could come up with- pathetically waiting for hostile reactions from people just trying to have a decent, fun conversation about GTA 5.

Rockstar games announced that "All of the names of people who were abusive, and harrassing others in this comment string would be removed and permanently banned from Rockstar Social Club and from playing GTA 5 online". Investigators hired by Rockstar were also looking in to allegations of terrorist threats, racism, sexual discrimination, harassment, and off-topic converstaion. Rockstar also announced that "If we find out who perpetrated these heinous acts of depravity- those individuals would also be banned from purchasing GTA 5, or playing GTA 5 on Xbox Live", Rockstar said "We were working closely with Microsoft Corporation to permanantly ban the people on this list from Xbox Live- FOREVER". Rockstar also stated "We will not tolerate this kind of bad behavior on our official website. This gives gaming and gamers a horrible reputation as being depraved weirdos, who don't even have two brain cells to rub together" and "We tried to make GTA 4 more mature in hopes of attracting a more intelligent and sophisticated fan base, but this seems not to have worked at all, with mostly, on average, 12 year olds boys playing GTA 5, and talking s**t all day long on Xbox Live- chasing away all the HOT GIRLS who have some class and dignity".

Rockstar and Microsoft both said "We have been trying to get hot girls to play Xbox Live for years, but these vulgar, profane, impotent, clueless, cowardly, jackoff dweebs who hide behind their computer monitors and T.V.s and who do not know how to speak to women keep chasing them away- this is killing our business and ruining all the fun and potential to connect with hot female gamers who now won't speak into their microphones for fear that they will get harassed". Rockstar finally stated: "If we find out who these cheesy, sleezy, dumbs**ts are- we are going to file legal proceedings against them for damages to our reputation, and we are going to drag these pathetic little tards to Juvinal Hall".

So what do you think about this, is Rockstar (and possibly Microsoft) serious about this?

Can they or would they bother to do anything about it, taking drastic measures as to ban these people from purchasing a game and prevent them from playing it online?

Tell me your thoughts.

-Edit-

Just to clarify, here is the comment on the Rockstar site.

I'm just quoting it, whether it's true or not is anyone's guess at this stage.

user posted image

Edited by XTREME0235

Do you think this has anything to do with the 4chan leak? or was there actually some really disturbing comments posted?

A comment was just posted on the Rockstar Games website, under the GTA V announcement section in the comments about Rockstar Games and Microsoft taking action against trolls posting harassing content on their website.

From Reinieboy:

On 25 October 2011 Rockstar games announced on their official site that they would be releasing a trailer for GTA 5. A message was printed below the logo stating that a trailer would be released on 2 November 2011. The response to this announcement was was legendary and record breaking. What ensued was over 36,391 comments by rabid GTA 5 fans around the world frantically posting comments about how excited they were about this news, and what features they wished would appear in this upcoming game. This has been the biggest response to the announcement of any game in the history of the human race. That was, until the trolls started camping out, and spoiled the party. The comment string went from intelligent remarks about GTA 5, including good ideas and wish lists, to trolls posting as much inflammatory remarks as their feeble intellects could come up with- pathetically waiting for hostile reactions from people just trying to have a decent, fun conversation about GTA 5.

Rockstar games announced that "All of the names of people who were abusive, and harrassing others in this comment string would be removed and permanently banned from Rockstar Social Club and from playing GTA 5 online". Investigators hired by Rockstar were also looking in to allegations of terrorist threats, racism, sexual discrimination, harassment, and off-topic converstaion. Rockstar also announced that "If we find out who perpetrated these heinous acts of depravity- those individuals would also be banned from purchasing GTA 5, or playing GTA 5 on Xbox Live", Rockstar said "We were working closely with Microsoft Corporation to permanantly ban the people on this list from Xbox Live- FOREVER". Rockstar also stated "We will not tolerate this kind of bad behavior on our official website. This gives gaming and gamers a horrible reputation as being depraved weirdos, who don't even have two brain cells to rub together" and "We tried to make GTA 4 more mature in hopes of attracting a more intelligent and sophisticated fan base, but this seems not to have worked at all, with mostly, on average, 12 year olds boys playing GTA 5, and talking s**t all day long on Xbox Live- chasing away all the HOT GIRLS who have some class and dignity".

Rockstar and Microsoft both said "We have been trying to get hot girls to play Xbox Live for years, but these vulgar, profane, impotent, clueless, cowardly, jackoff dweebs who hide behind their computer monitors and T.V.s and who do not know how to speak to women keep chasing them away- this is killing our business and ruining all the fun and potential to connect with hot female gamers who now won't speak into their microphones for fear that they will get harassed". Rockstar finally stated: "If we find out who these cheesy, sleezy, dumbs**ts are- we are going to file legal proceedings against them for damages to our reputation, and we are going to drag these pathetic little tards to Juvinal Hall".

So what do you think about this, is Rockstar (and possibly Microsoft) serious about this?

Can they or would they bother to do anything about it, taking drastic measures as to ban these people from purchasing a game and prevent them from playing it online?

Tell me your thoughts.

This is 100% fake.

There is NO WAY that rockstar and microsoft would speak that way, even if they had been offended.

I'm guessing someone was really bored, and obligatorily, had too much time on their hands.

But after skimming through it a bit, it's actually pretty funny, hah. biggrin.gif

They should take action against such f*cknuts who bring shame to the fan base of GTA. But rockstar and microsoft using that language is funny. lol.gif

Edited by deepthroatgta6

They wouldnt do anything like that. The most they could do is ban them from the social club site.

user posted image

Crud. This could be in direct response to some of the threads I have made. I will clean up my act from now on and only speak highly of the almighty Rockstar and their beloved golden child Grand Theft Auto.

I could've inadvertently slandered their product and decreased the value of their franchise with my risque threads. Who knows how many people I may have caused to now consider passing on V when it comes out. I will clean my act up.

Crud. This could be in direct response to some of the threads I have made. I will clean up my act from now on and only speak highly of the almighty Rockstar and their beloved golden child Grand Theft Auto.

I could've inadvertently slandered their product and decreased the value of their franchise with my risque threads. Who knows how many people I may have caused to now consider passing on V when it comes out. I will clean my act up.

Are you trolling?

Rockstar are pretty passive when it comes to dealing with people who make demeaning comments. A removal of the post, maybe a warning and that's it.

Fake. Employees of R* on rockstargames.com have colored backgrounds on their comments.

Exactly.

Sunrise Driver

Rockstar are pretty passive when it comes to dealing with people who make demeaning comments. A removal of the post, maybe a warning and that's it.

This. Plus R* would be tired to monitor GTA5 topic 24/7 (literally) for troll posts.

They only recently deleted couple of messages but that's it.

Are you trolling?

No. But I could see how my posts could be misconstrued as trolling, just for the simple fact that I refuse to fall right in line with the sheep and praise a game that was obviously blatantly flawed. (IV)

It's just funny how people become defensive and feel like they have to overcompensate and state how great the game was to try and offset people's complaints about the game to make them feel better about the whole situation.

Quite sad honestly.

What the f*ck you are OP

You must have mislead what I meant.

I have edited the opening post. wink.gif

Even if it's fake it is still kind of true. I mean there are so many young people playing GTA only because it's sandbox. When R* turn more focus on telling a mature story and creating complex characters instead of adding jetpacks, airplanes and what not, all these young people start to freak. Banning them is the right thing to do! I hope it's true.

user posted image

Even if it's fake it is still kind of true. I mean there are so many young people playing GTA only because it's sandbox. When R* turn more focus on telling a mature story and creating complex characters instead of adding jetpacks, airplanes and what not, all these young people start to freak. Banning them is the right thing to do! I hope it's true.

That is what I was hoping but it is not. A regular member has posted that and not the staff. sad.gif

For the sake of hot girls playing video games inlove.gif

Even if Rockstar didn't go to the lengths of dragging "these pathetic little tards to Juvinal Hall", banning their accounts on both RSSC and Xbox LIVE would be suitable in my books. They didn't however mention ANYTHING about PSN users, either way these trolls will get what they deserve should this happen to be true and my god I hope it is.

Some people may find it ridiculous, but I as well as some others think it's the way to go for the little sh*ts out there.

So take the fun out of the game for the sake of a stronger, more realistic, and believable storyline?

But what does that leave people with after they're done with the storyline and they just want to randomly pick up the game, hop in, wreak havoc and have fun - but they can't because they're being held back by a storyline they've long since been done with?

That doesn't sound very fun, and surely takes away from GTA's replayability factor, which was for a long time their trademark. Creating games that stood the test of time, and remained fun for years on end.

There's only so much you can do once you're done with the storyline in IV, after that you're really left asking yourself, alright what can I do now to have fun?

"OH HAY LOOK AT THIS SWINGSET WE CAN DRIVE INTO IT AND GO FLYING ACROSS THE MAP! OMG BEST GTA EVAR!"

So take the fun out of the game for the sake of a stronger, more realistic, and believable storyline?

But what does that leave people with after they're done with the storyline and they just want to randomly pick up the game, hop in, wreak havoc and have fun - but they can't because they're being held back by a storyline they've long since been done with?

That doesn't sound very fun, and surely takes away from GTA's replayability factor, which was for a long time their trademark. Creating games that stood the test of time, and remained fun for years on end.

There's only so much you can do once you're done with the storyline in IV, after that you're really left asking yourself, alright what can I do now to have fun?

"OH HAY LOOK AT THIS SWINGSET WE CAN DRIVE INTO IT AND GO FLYING ACROSS THE MAP! OMG BEST GTA EVAR!"

Understand that they didn't take away anything.

They were using a new engine that they were unfamiliar with, so all the content you seen with San Andreas's engine wouldn't be there.

Can't learn good magic if you're just starting as a magician.

They were using a new engine that they were unfamiliar with, so all the content you seen with San Andreas's engine wouldn't be there.

ArcaneKnight is on a mission to prove that GTA IV sucked so its useless to explain him anything. Though his point about re-playability factor is true but the way he is going about it is wrong. R* has surely taken care of the re-playability factor in V. They know a lot more about making a good game than us.

No. I'm pretty sure they took that stuff out intentionally so they could then have it to add to their next release as a means to pinch every last penny out of the consumer's pockets as they possibly can. Seems like they were just running out of ideas and didn't know how to build upon what they provided with SA; so take that stuff out and just put it back in on a later release that way it'll seem new since IV will be the freshest GTA in everyone's minds and that game as it stands would be easy to top. Thus making V shine even more in comparison.

I don't blame them, it's a good formula from a business standpoint. But from a fan's perspective, it's a crock of sh*t. I understand taking some things out, but they took a whole bunch of stuff out which made the game bland, and almost tedious to play once you ran out of missions to fall back on.

Edited by ArcaneKnight