RPG Features

Booty Warrior

Booty Warrior

gta sa was awesome with the rpg features like building muscle fat weapon skills pimping gambling skill clothes shop tuning etc etc

so would you like that in FIVE or would you prefer no rpg elements and just be plain old gta

RPG elements would be awesome but should also be optional to avoid the gta purists from crying like little babies.

As long as they don't go too OTT then I thing some RPG features would be fine, but we don't need 100 different hair colors.

StellarFish20

I'd definitely want RPG elements, it add more realism and also more things to do in your spare time!

RPG elements for me is a must, it gives the player more to do. I like GTA V to include simplified RPG elements, nothing too complex, but just about deep enough for the user to want to invest time into.

The way it worked in SA was alright. It gave you enough benefits for grinding the skills without penalizing you too much for not doing so. If they do something like that, I think most everyone will be happy.

The only exception might be the driving/flying/boating skill. It's not strictly speaking necessary. Player skill should count there, rather than a stat.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

NotoriousKiller

Yes, I liked them. They added more to the game to do and made it more fun.

i missed that stuff in GTA IV was a bit disappointed they didn't do it , BUT I THINK they were more towards the graphics engine & story line to the game. To try & fit it all in,but then again how big can you make a game 30gb's was GTA IV i just wonder how big this game will be .,hopefully double i just love continuing on missions having something to do like get drivers license Plane license & all those little side missions yere it was hard tho was a point were it was ok to leave it & move on till later. smile.gif

I really think abilities should be implemented.

The more you use a gun the better you get with it.

Not only does your accuracy increase but you could qualify for upgrades. Take this for example:

You have different weapon licenses you can earn. In order to qualify for a license you need a certain number of kills. Once you qualify with the proper number of kills you then go to the gun range to "test" for your license by completing a practical shooting course.

M4

Non Licensed

Standard semi auto

License 1-Extended banana clip

100 kills

Stationary target range

License 2-Full Auto

200 kills

Moving targets

License 3-Scope

300 kills

Long range targets

This could go on with Laser site, grenade launcher attachments, bayonets, etc.

Not only can you upgrade your weapon with each license but you can also earn exp points that can be spent to unlock abilities like higher accuracy, lower recoil, and faster reload times but your license can also dictate what kind of items you can buy.

You can customize your weapons kinda like army of two. Gold/silver/camo paint schemes.

This template can be used with ANYTHING in the game.

Lets say once you out run the cops on foot 50 times you will increase your stamina. And once you outrun the cops on foot 100 times you get faster.

There were some good things about SA's RPG elements but they felt like such an after thought that it didnt shine.

If RockStar can implement RPG elements similar to my example I think this game will last much longer. As long as you are earning these "level-ups" and "perks" while actively playing the game I see no flaws. They need to be integrated well enough to be seemless yet difficult enough that you will have to make an effort to earn them.

I also think that this can be a great way to solve the popular money issue with GTA games. If you add a monetary value alongside these earnable abilities, the value of the game dollar will mean more to the player. You might spend hours doing taxi missions to earn enough money to buy the explosive rounds you unlocked at the gun store by earning the "Expert" liscense.

These are just my thoughts. Feel free to elaborate.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Yes, they should bring them back, one of my favorites aspects of SA and i find funny when someone complain that they hated going to gym since it was OPTIONAL to get muscular or not.

As long as there are cheats for the stats. Working out in SA was repetitive. Especially when I could just use max muscle and keep gym out of the way.

When i read the title, i thought it meant Rocket Propelled Grenade features haha.. Although, including a Stinger type missile launcher would help me in some missions, or i just suck at aiming RPGs.

Ontopic: @deffpony I think GTA:SA had some sort of system, where CJ could increase his shooting skills. At the early stage of the game, CJ would shoot at his hip, later into the game he would start shooting professional at the shoulder. I would rather have the character level up, rather than his shooting experience enable him to purchase certain modifications for guns. I feel its a bit too CoD-ish to have that kind of system going on in GTA.

yes, yes, yes and yes! Anyone who says that IV was better than san andreas features wise, is a retard. Yes, they had to dull down the features in order to get the rest of the game right. But now that they've done that i'd be terribly dissapointed if at least some of it wasnt brought back. Things like haircuts and such made me feel so much more involved in the game. It seem'd to me that you felt more attached to the characters if you had the ability to craft them as you please. Obviously this was only CJ in san andreas. But lets hope they bring back some RPG stuff in V. I started SA again today, just because its so awesome in preperation for V smile.gif

The way it was done in San Andreas was nice. I just don't want the series turning into a full on RPG.