Gta4 low perfomance

Frusco

Hello, i from lithuania so sorry for my langue. I have problem and i think you can help me, i buy this http://www.skytech.lt/asmeninis-kompiuteri...or-p-78216.html (i7 2600k 3.4ghz,GTX570,8gg ram) And with this auto settings user posted image i have this fps user posted image,if i set view distance to max my fps drop to 38 confused.gif. When i do benchmark they say my avg fps 66 but is not true,game use only 38% my cpu. I dont know is this normal or no,help me.

In game benchmark is just synthetics and does not represent real world performance.

You can adjust some of your game settings like water quality don't need to be very high.

View distance is the how far you want to see in front of you. No need to set it to the max as then your

machine will have to do more work in a area you're not even in it.

Hello, i from lithuania so sorry for my langue. I have problem and i think you can help me, i buy this http://www.skytech.lt/asmeninis-kompiuteri...or-p-78216.html (i7 2600k 3.4ghz,GTX570,8gg ram) And with this auto settings user posted image i have this fps user posted image,if i set view distance to max my fps drop to 38 confused.gif. When i do benchmark they say my avg fps 66 but is not true,game use only 38% my cpu. I dont know is this normal or no,help me.

its normal for the game to only use 38% of your cpu. Your using an i7 which uses hyperthreading which makes games like this run worse. This game only uses 3 threads but your cpu has 8 threads. Its not useful at all for this game.

My gues is that it's just using the three real cores, or 2 real and 1 thread.

But why the f*ck saying 'low performance' if you have 56 frames per second in Times Square?

I have about 20, and I'd kill for your framerate! confused.gif

EDIT

ZodaEX, you gonna yell at me again? dozingoff.gif

Edited by Exxon

But why the f*ck saying 'low performance' if you have 56 frames per second in Times Square?

I have about 20, and I'd kill for your framerate! confused.gif

You'd kill for that framerate, but you wouldn't remove ENB series for it? sigh.gif

DU8afL0.jpg

You'd kill for that framerate, but you wouldn't remove ENB series for it?  sigh.gif

I only get 5 frames more for it? sigh.gif

Besides, IV is a lot less fun without ENB (for me) turn.gif

Ehm,so you want say my cpu too weak for gta4 ? confused.gif I thought if I buy this pc i can play gta4 with no problems.

Oh ofcourse not!

Your CPU is boss wink.gif

Just lower the graphics (shadows and sliders) a bit if you want more performance, or overclock your processor.

If you'd ask me, it's all fine as it is smile.gif

Listen, I have a notebook that can run GTA IV. And it can. But my CPU overheats. So what you wanna do is limit your CPU usage. Find a CPU manager if you use a Desktop, or if your using a laptop like me, go to power plans, go to change the advanced sytem settings, and go to proccesor power management. And make that 60-80% of total management. helped me. I got 60FPS, but every 5 seconds it whent down to 2fps!! Now im playing at a smooth 35-40 FPS! And the graphics arent low at all. Hope I helped.

Listen, I have a notebook that can run GTA IV. And it can. But my CPU overheats. So what you wanna do is limit your CPU usage. Find a CPU manager if you use a Desktop, or if your using a laptop like me, go to power plans, go to change the advanced sytem settings, and go to proccesor power management. And make that 60-80% of total management. helped me. I got 60FPS, but every 5 seconds it whent down to 2fps!! Now im playing at a smooth 35-40 FPS! And the graphics arent low at all. Hope I helped.

Hey, can you give me more information about this? Im using dekstop and if you can explain step by step.

Listen, I have a notebook that can run GTA IV.  And it can.  But my CPU overheats.  So what you wanna do is limit your CPU usage.  Find a CPU manager if you use a Desktop, or if your using a laptop like me, go to power plans,  go to change the advanced sytem settings, and go to proccesor power management.  And make that 60-80% of total management.  helped me.  I got 60FPS, but every 5 seconds it whent down to 2fps!!  Now im playing at a smooth 35-40 FPS!  And the graphics arent low at all.  Hope I helped.

Hey, can you give me more information about this? Im using dekstop and if you can explain step by step.

I'm not sure of you can do this by windows default.. Look around for proccessor power management. Or look up software that will limit the CPU. Do you have a strong CPU and GPU that SHOULD run GTA IV? But lags? If its a low end PC to begin with, this wont work.

Listen, I have a notebook that can run GTA IV.  And it can.  But my CPU overheats.  So what you wanna do is limit your CPU usage.  Find a CPU manager if you use a Desktop, or if your using a laptop like me, go to power plans,  go to change the advanced sytem settings, and go to proccesor power management.  And make that 60-80% of total management.  helped me.  I got 60FPS, but every 5 seconds it whent down to 2fps!!  Now im playing at a smooth 35-40 FPS!  And the graphics arent low at all.  Hope I helped.

I'm not sure of you can do this by windows default.. Look around for proccessor power management. Or look up software that will limit the CPU. Do you have a strong CPU and GPU that SHOULD run GTA IV? But lags? If its a low end PC to begin with, this wont work.

I think i have enough strong pc for gta4, here some pic user posted image

user posted image

Heh, Tavo PC yra pakankamai galingas šiam žaidimui, tačiau pats žaidimas nėra optimizuotas jam. Pabandyk atsisiūst updeitus.

EN:

Heh, Your PC is pretty decent for this game, but the game is not optimized for it. Try to download the updates.

Heh, Tavo PC yra pakankamai galingas šiam žaidimui, tačiau pats žaidimas nėra optimizuotas jam. Pabandyk atsisiūst updeitus.

EN:

Heh, Your PC is pretty decent for this game, but the game is not optimized for it. Try to download the updates.

Hey,isirases as updeitus. Rasiausi pirma 4 paskui 7. Fps dropina ypac kai keiciasi oras,pvz vakareja. Nakti buna ypac daug fps nu o diena 60-80. Kartais buni toj pacioje vietoje,fps apie 80 o kartais velgi toje pacioje vietoje fps buna 55 kokie. Sakau nelabai cia suprasi ji.

P.S Nelabai zinau kaip cia dabar uzsinieciams geriau sakini suformuluot. Tik va kas dar keista kad mano cpu labai mazai naudoja 24-38%.

Yo. Seems good enough. I have the 1.0.7.0 patch. Running it perfectly. Now second thing you wanna do, to be sure if your problem is overheating. Get some software and look at your GPU and CPU etc etc and if one or both of them are above recommended heat levels, limit your CPU as I said. Im not sure how you do that on a desktop. Sorry.

Yo. Seems good enough. I have the 1.0.7.0 patch. Running it perfectly. Now second thing you wanna do, to be sure if your problem is overheating. Get some software and look at your GPU and CPU etc etc and if one or both of them are above recommended heat levels, limit your CPU as I said. Im not sure how you do that on a desktop. Sorry.

Hm maybe possible increase cpu usage in gta4 because he only use 24% and i think here and is problem.

I think i have enough strong pc for gta4, here some pic user posted image

user posted image

Holy crap that's good performance. What are your specs?

To Zodoa: This is not true,when i in city and near many cars my fps drops to 55,when Changing weather fps drops to 43, i try turn off shadows but nothing. My spec i7 2600k 3.4ghz,GTX570,8GB ram,750W PSU. And i lost all my hope, i dont know what to do.

Those FPS arent bad. It drops but its still playable right? I mean, it doesnt slow down so it looks like sh*t does it?

I don't know why you keep saying that it's bad performance, you should be happy with it.

Many people with less powerful systems have to do it with a lot less.

If you are so hammered on getting more performance, overclock your CPU to 4+ GHz and you should be fine.