GTA V: Multiple Discs

r0ck3t0wn3r

I think there might be a Story mode disc and a Multiplayer disc. Makes more sense to me.

@cherrycola,

so do I, but u still have to swap them for verification

You still have to swap discs after installing them? Is that how it worked for LA Noire too? sh*t, did not know that. In that case they should make disc 2 and 3 non-playable mandatory content install discs. Would suck for those with small harddrives though, but those guys should get with the times anyway and buy something better.

MS don't allow mandatory installs

Then how about they just have the option to install both/all disks to your hard drive with any/either disk being usable as a verification disk. That way people without an HDD don't get shafted by a mandatory install and people with an HDD can enjoy the game seamlessly.

If installation didn't prevent disc swapping in L.A. Noire it won't for anything else.

I strongly believe GTA V will not be multiple discs. Disc swapping is incompatible with the way GTA is played. The only way it's multiple discs is if it's multiple protagonists. Then it would be multiple discs the same way GTA IV + EFLC is. You'd be able to complete an entire storyline and do all the activities of each protagonist without swapping discs.

I think there might be a Story mode disc and a Multiplayer disc. Makes more sense to me.

this,kind of like Battlefield 3

Why don't you guys get it yet, Multiplayer INVOLVED a Net connection to a server, a server implies one controlling computer for many, but most of these involve banks of consoles to parlay information to the many SESSION players, you don't need to use a local disc when Networked. Unless I'm wrong here, you'll have to assume that's not an issue as far as how many discs

@cherrycola,

so do I, but u still have to swap them for verification

You still have to swap discs after installing them? Is that how it worked for LA Noire too? sh*t, did not know that. In that case they should make disc 2 and 3 non-playable mandatory content install discs. Would suck for those with small harddrives though, but those guys should get with the times anyway and buy something better.

MS don't allow mandatory installs

Then how about they just have the option to install both/all disks to your hard drive with any/either disk being usable as a verification disk. That way people without an HDD don't get shafted by a mandatory install and people with an HDD can enjoy the game seamlessly.

If installation didn't prevent disc swapping in L.A. Noire it won't for anything else.

I strongly believe GTA V will not be multiple discs. Disc swapping is incompatible with the way GTA is played. The only way it's multiple discs is if it's multiple protagonists. Then it would be multiple discs the same way GTA IV + EFLC is. You'd be able to complete an entire storyline and do all the activities of each protagonist without swapping discs.

the only way multiple discs could work is having a disk to install the textures in HD which is optional, but that would mean users without HDD's would have a crappy looking game. however multiple discs for multiple characters is a good idea and could work.

Actors on HDD, map on HDD, vehicles and objects on HDD

Radio on HDD

--

Story and mission sounds and actor voices on DVD

Guys stop getting your panties in a bunch

GTA 5 like all GTA previous titles were always exclusive on The PS2 and now recently on the PS3

Like before it will probably be Exclusive for a while , in the mean time they well probably tone down the size of the game into 1 or 2 DVD discs for the 360 since its DVD.

GTA 5 like all GTA previous titles were always exclusive on The PS2 and now recently on the PS3

Were you in a coma when IV came out?

The Exclusivity contract was really timed, that's what I read ages ago, back with Sony and PS2, at one point they said it was more then a year, then other systems would get the same game, but timing it allows more work on technical merits and with the Xbox and PS3, Microsoft paid to help 4 DLC development and Sony then wanted an exclusive hideout for DLC RDR. The issue here is between the developer and the hardware maker, the gamer has really no say. EVEN THOUGH we ultimately pay back what was spent on the deals! haha

R* can't allow forced/mandatory installs

Meaning if the game comes in multiple disks, there will be a sh*tload of disks, because every disk will probably be 80% identical to the next one (map, pedestrians, vehicles, character models, clothing models and everything else that is shared between missions, friends dialogue)

Hey, remember the concerns over Software Piracy, They did make things stringent to confirm your purchased game was authorized to install (PC) and they could chose some protective model for consoles as well

If u find this a problem, your either stupid or a ps3 fanboy

It's a problem - you won't be able to travel between locations in free mode without swapping the disk.

Like you would know. Quit acting as though you have the answers, you don't. It highly unlikely the entire map would be so big that it wouldn't be able to fit on one disk. It's the missions etc. that will have to be divided between the discs to conserve space, not the map overall. R* isn't that stupid.

FREE MODE implies Multiplayer in my book, and the contents are ONLINE, stored on Servers, I doubt you'd be having more demands then normal on your localized console for Multiplayer modes

• 1 year later...
lethal kitty

La noire was multiple discs cuz if the motion face thingy. All of the world could be explored on one disc. The story only required disc swapping. R* also managed to fit GTA 3 and Vice City on UMD which the world said was impossible.

My opinion is one disc for story and one disc for multiplayer. R* will manage to find a way

Long story short ; I don't mind multiple discs as long it doesn't affect the free roaming.

lol it's awesome when somebody new just bumps a topic that's actually relevant to the events of these days.