GTA V: Multiple Discs

r0ck3t0wn3r

There should be a label on the gtaV cover saying:

THIS GAMES REQUIRES A 32GB HDD

ALL DISCS NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED IN ORDER TO PLAY.

IF YOU HAVE A SMALLER HDD YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL FROM 1980 TO 2011

AND SPEND WHAT LITTLE IT COSTS TO BE ABLE TO PLAY THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIMES.

problem solved.

I wouldnt mind multiple disks if you are able to install one and play it all on the other like on Forza 3 & 4.

I think it would be best to have the Map on a seperate disk that needs to be installed because then it wouldnt have to catch up with itself when your going realy fast in a car.

Also I agree with dinoman that it would be really good to have all 5 cities in one game but that wont probably be untill atleast the next gen of consoles.

There should be a label on the gtaV cover saying:

THIS GAMES REQUIRES A 32GB HDD

ALL DISCS NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED IN ORDER TO PLAY.

IF YOU HAVE A SMALLER HDD YOU HAVE TO TRAVEL FROM 1980 TO 2011

AND SPEND WHAT LITTLE IT COSTS TO BE ABLE TO PLAY THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIMES.

problem solved.

32gb is a massive over estimation. IV it self only takes up six and with both episodes installed it sits at ten. V would have to have 5x more data than base IV. I'd say a realistically we'd see no more than 15gb of data.

Long_Haired_Boy
Has no one been gaming before the early 2000s? Final Fantasy games, Resident Evil, they all had multiple discs. Of course, the hardware back then was sh*t so it makes sense, but the feeling of accomplishment when you finish the first disc and move onto the second one...it's the best thing. I miss this and I wouldn't mind multiple discs, especially considering all the content they could pack into a few discs. If this GTA is meant to be the 'Big One', then it would only make sense for 2-4 discs. Imagine having a fancy case for GTA V, loaded with 4 discs reading:

Disc 1: Liberty City

Disc 2: Vice City

Disc 3: Los Santos

Disc 4: Las Venturas

...or whatever. You go to an airport, buy a ticket to Vice City and the pause screen comes up telling you to switch discs. That would hardly be annoying to me, if anything it would make it more climactic to travel between cities. Maybe in 10 years it will be like this, I can only hope.

Thats what I was assuming.

Like the BILLBOARDS FROM GTA IV. Rockstar loves putting hints in plane sight.

I think theres more to it then just LOS SANTOS.

It makes no difference at all to me, LA Noire was no trouble to change the disc.

As long as nothing ridiculous happened like having to change a disc or there were limits to how far you could explore (while free roaming) I really wouldn't mind.

If it meant that the game would be bigger, I highly encourage it.

I wouldnt mind multiple disks if you are able to install one and play it all on the other like on Forza 3 & 4.

I think it would be best to have the Map on a seperate disk that needs to be installed because then it wouldnt have to catch up with itself when your going realy fast in a car.

Forza had that ? Then I would guess if we do see multiple disks one could simply be an install only disk. I can't see Rockstar wanting to break immersion by making you switch disks mid game.

I have been gaming since the 80's but I consider myself a bit of a technical retard. I mean I only own a 360 arcade & a PSP-1000.

This may be a stupid question but why didn't Microsoft forsee the DVD's storage limitations when they decided to sell a model with no hard drive. Couldn't they of at least allowed developers to sell their game on DVD, along with a read only memory card for extra storage. Is that even possible? Like I said I'm a bit of a technological bozo.

I have been gaming since the 80's but I consider myself a bit of a technical retard. I mean I only own a 360 arcade & a PSP-1000.

This may be a stupid question but why didn't Microsoft forsee the DVD's storage limitations when they decided to sell a model with no hard drive. Couldn't they of at least allowed developers to sell their game on DVD, along with a read only memory card for extra storage. Is that even possible? Like I said I'm a bit of a technological bozo.

I know you can use a usb drive as a memory card but I think they are capped at 7gb though. And I don't know why they still offer the arcade. It's becoming almost necessary to have a hard drive these days.

ThEtRuThSANANDREAS69

ok i have a 360 but im not a '360 only user' or whatever. so give me your opinion...would it be better to get the ps3? idk at all haha. i have a ps2 and its still the sh*t. from what ive read on this thread, so is ps3. should i switch?

ok i have a 360 but im not a '360 only user' or whatever. so give me your opinion...would it be better to get the ps3? idk at all haha. i have a ps2 and its still the sh*t. from what ive read on this thread, so is ps3. should i switch?

I wouldnt bother switching, the new consoles will probablly be here in about 2-3 years so I would just advise you to stick with the 360 and get whatever next gen console you want by saving up around now so you have the money for then. The 360 and PS3 are pretty much the same when it comes to games just some 360 games need a coupple more disks.

ThEtRuThSANANDREAS69

I wouldnt bother switching, the new consoles will probablly be here in about 2-3 years so I would just advise you to stick with the 360 and get whatever next gen console you want by saving up around now so you have the money for then. The 360 and PS3 are pretty much the same when it comes to games just some 360 games need a coupple more disks.

alright sweet, thanks for the info.

I know you can use a usb drive as a memory card but I think they are capped at 7gb though. And I don't know why they still offer the arcade. It's becoming almost necessary to have a hard drive these days.

I think, if you plug in an external HDD, a 32 gig partition gets created. I am not sure the 360 can "Read" a game installed from that partition. In terms of the DVD limitation, Microsoft was banking on HD-DVD becoming the standard, not Blu-Ray. But we know how that turned out, so they ere left High n dry.

I don't know where you live but here a PS3 is now going for under £150. That's not bad for a Blu-ray player, hard drive & free online play.

Do they still sell the arcade? I thought it was just the slim.

Do they still sell the arcade? I thought it was just the slim.

Well there's an "arcade" version of the slim that comes without an HDD.

If u find this a problem, your either stupid or a ps3 fanboy

Topic can be closed biggrin.gif

EDIT:

@OGCFB

and LA NOIRE was like the test to see how well 360 users could handle it.

A 'test' ? It was really needed, u know how much space those motion scan needed.

@cherrycola,

so do I, but u still have to swap them for verification

EDIT2:

and LA NOIRE was like the test to see how well 360 users could handle it.

Lol, now that I think of it, it's very funny. What if someone couldn't handle the disc swap ? They would grab their xbox and threw it out a window ? biggrin.gif Lol

Such a Narrow Minded Phrase. I hate that term fanboy. Some just have a preference. I did PS3 because I already had a PS2 and the backwards compatibility. Also my home theater is sony from the tuner to the 400 disc dvd player. Not everything I own is sony. The record player is technics Tv is samsung.

I have actually thought of buying the Xbox360 but im not into the controller

Official General

If I were you I'd just get a PS3. The PS3 is technically a better machine and it is more advanced than the 360 in terms of features ( Blu-Ray, HDD free online gaming, full Internet ) and it's much more reliable as the 360 has a terrible failure rate of around 33 per cent. Plus the PS3 has much more exclusives than the 360 and ALL multiplatform games on the 360 are also on the PS3. And the PS3 is graphically more powerful too. Don't listen to this new console stuff, it's not gonna happen anytime soon in this current state of hard financial times. Consumers don't have too much money to spend right now, I see Sony and Microsoft waiting a while longer before releasing a new console.

Edited by Official General

This topic has fanboy written all over it.

GTA could come on 10 discs, I could care less as long as it's fun

Official General

You're welcome to your 10 discs, have fun using late 1990s technology. Hopefully, I'm gonna have nice time just using one on my PS3. And don't even lie with you know you would be real annoyed if the 360 version of GTA V came 3 discs let alone 10.

You're welcome to your 10 discs, have fun using late 1990s technology. Hopefully, I'm gonna have nice time just using one on my PS3. And don't even lie with you know you would be real annoyed if the 360 version of GTA V came 3 discs let alone 10.

I never said I had a 360 friend. Like I said, fanboy topic. You make it seem the PS3 is light years ahead of the 360. They are both 5+ years old.

First of all, I'm not sure how "switching disks" could work.

I can probably imagine that after a point in the story you would need to change the disk, so every disk would have the entire map, all cars, pedestrians, friends dialogue, side-missions and etc, and the cut-scenes and cut-scenes dialogue/missions would change from disk to disk. What could be pretty much a problem because I can guess that the city by itself will probably use a lot of GBs. So, if the game had, lets say for example. 20 GB total, the city weighted 6 GB and 14 was cutscenes and dialogue and etc, then we would have the same 6 gb on every and each disk with only space for 2 gb of "Individual content".

Now, we have the option to "Install to HD", but if I'm not mistaken, Microsoft can't allow developers to force a HD install.

Switching discs, if handled like LAN, is of ZERO concern. If it comes on multiple discs, who cares.

tetragrammaton

Why do the 360 owners hate multiple discs? dont you just have to put them in the right order and thats it?

Depending on the media being distributed for GTA V, the higher capacity of the media = less disc

Then there is a chance, price of the game may go up with the media being used, such as GTA V on Blu-ray may cost more

than it was on DVD.

Single side DVD = 4.35GB (4.7GB)

Double side DVD = 7.92GB (8.5GB)

DVD RAM = 8.75GB (9.4GB)

Blu-ray: single=25GB/ double=50GB

And there is HVD... it has the capability for up to 6TB, current size is at 500GB.

Official General
Switching discs, if handled like LAN, is of ZERO concern. If it comes on multiple discs, who cares.

Speak for yourself, a lot of people do care about multiple discs. Have you not read this topic properly? I for one, would not like it, its just silly to have multiple discs with today's console technology, it's unacceptable my eyes. People do care, not everybody is prepared to be lumbered with unnecessary extras like you.

Official General

I never said I had a 360 friend. Like I said, fanboy topic. You make it seem the PS3 is light years ahead of the 360. They are both 5+ years old.

Oooooh I'm a fanboy, that must mean I'm some kind of ultimate villain! Look I'm just stating facts here, call it fanboyism if you wish, I have no reason to care. And I never said the PS3 was light years ahead of the 360 - I simply mentioned the multiple advantages the PS3 has over the 360, using facts. The guy asked a question and I answered it, what's your problem?

Oooooh I'm a fanboy, that must mean I'm some kind of ultimate villain! Look I'm just stating facts here, call it fanboyism if you wish, I have no reason to care. And I never said the PS3 was light years ahead of the 360 - I simply mentioned the multiple advantages the PS3 has over the 360, using facts. The guy asked a question and I answered it, what's your problem?

Um, I never called or accused you of being a fanboy. I said FANBOY TOPIC. I own both consoles. And what are the "multiple advantages" you speak of and where are your facts? I didn't see or read any facts. I don't have a problem, I just said I could care less if GTAV came on 10 discs. You then automaticly jumped to the conclusion that I will be purchasing GTAV on the 360. I'll buy the game on the PC if I want to and it will trash both the PS3 and 360.

The PS3 is technically a better machine and it is more advanced than the 360 in terms of features ( Blu-Ray, HDD free online gaming, full Internet ) and it's much more reliable as the 360 has a terrible failure rate of around 33 per cent. Plus the PS3 has much more exclusives than the 360 and ALL multiplatform games on the 360 are also on the PS3. And the PS3 is graphically more powerful too.

Oh, here are your facts. Those are your facts, stuff most people already know. I'm not sure if this is true or not, maybe someone with more info can help me out but didn't GTAIV run in 720p on the 360 and 640p or 680p on the PS3?

I like both consoles the same.

Official General

Um, I never called or accused you of being a fanboy. I said FANBOY TOPIC. I own both consoles. And what are the "multiple advantages" you speak of and where are your facts? I didn't see or read any facts. I don't have a problem, I just said I could care less if GTAV came on 10 discs. You then automaticly jumped to the conclusion that I will be purchasing GTAV on the 360. I'll buy the game on the PC if I want to and it will trash both the PS3 and 360.

Ok cool you didn't call me a fanboy. And I've already stated the advantages that the PS3 had over the 360, the Blu-Ray disc alone makes up half of it. I'm not gonna get into that anyway. If the both version turn out to be great and the 360 version is on multiple discs, you WILL be getting GTA V for the PS3 remember I said it.

Those were rumors made up by silly Internet 360 fanboys. This was never confirmed. I don't believe rumors, so I can't answer that. As far I'm concerned GTA IV on the PS3 is 720p unless Rockstar says so, which they have not. The IGN review favoured the PS3 version go read it.

Edited by Official General

I probably will get GTAV for the PS3. back when GTAIV was released everyone of my friends had a 360 so if I wanted to play with them I had to get for the 360. Now most if not all have a PS3 so I'll probably go that route even though one thing I do like about the 360 is the controller. I like the placement of the analog sticks