What Platform (s) will FIVE be REALEASED on?

TruXter

Which platforms is V being developed for?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which platforms is V being developed for?

• PlayStation 3 only
    • Xbox 360 only
    • PC only
    • PlayStation 3 + Xbox 360
    • PlayStation 3 + Xbox 360 + PC
    • PlayStation 3 + Xbox 360 + Wii
    • PlayStation 3 + Xbox 360 + PC + Wii

Here are the platform choices for the release of Grand Theft Auto FIVE - pc, wii,ps3, xbox360 - Of course I don't make it so simple that you can answer the simple way. I want you to think of full investment value and appreciation by the users.

It is my opinion that it is in a game maker's best interest that if they are going to do a multiple platform release of a game, it should be across all platforms at the same time, and not make one group of people wait until they have received every single spoiler known to man about a video game.

With that in mind, would it not be smart if right up front, there was a a gaming platform that was not going to see this game, would it not be wise to tell the people who might be willing to hold out for an extra bit of time, so they know they should buy one of the platforms available ?

So, what do you think will see GTA five on initial release date?

X360, PS3 and PC. Definitely not Wii.

This pretty much is what I was going to say.

A WiiU release might happen, but that's still up in the air, untill the trailer at least.

Well I would HOPE that it will just come out for PC, but I don't think that will ever happend. sarcasm.gif So I voted for PC,XboX360 & PS3. Wii is too weak.

I think V might make it onto the Wii. Chinatown Wars showed that it definitely possibly for a GTA to be released on a Nintendo console. 360 and PS3 are guaranteed, for PC the game will probably only run on newer PCs, but let's hope V has support for low-powered PCs (GTA IV lacked that).

The Wii came out after the 360 and PS3 did, so it has higher graphics capabilities, i.e. newer technology. So it could easily run GTA IV and V, but I think the problem is that Nintendo doesn't have a license agreement with Rockstar to distribute that game on the Wii console.

Or it's that Rockstar has an exclusivity contract between Playstation and Microsoft that doesn't allow them to make the current GTA titles for other platforms.

I'll vote, but it's really a no brainer. Wii U will be something Rockstar Games are not going to ignore, I can tell you that with some conviction

The Wii came out after the 360 and PS3 did, so it has higher graphics capabilities, i.e. newer technology. So it could easily run GTA IV and V, but I think the problem is that Nintendo doesn't have a license agreement with Rockstar to distribute that game on the Wii console.

Or it's that Rockstar is has an exclusivity contract between Playstation and Microsoft that doesn't allow them to make the current GTA titles for other platforms.

The wii uses a ATI Hollywood which is clocked 50% higher than the gamecube graphics card meaning it runs at 243 MHz.

The ps3 uses a Nvidia RSX 'Reality Synthesizer' and that runs at 550MHz.

The 360 uses a ATI Xenos and that runs at 500MHz.

The wii u however will use a custom AMD card similar to the Radeon R700 which runs at 900MHz.

Even knowing that the wii u will have a better graphics card doesn't mean anything because the wii despite selling very well most people played it for a month before getting bored, in my opinion the name "wii" should have been dropped all together to increase the sales of the console. Does anyone actually take nintendo consoles for a serious gaming console anymore anyway?

Does anyone actually take nintendo consoles for a serious gaming console anymore anyway?

Did they ever?

LOL check this out, locked post.

Some moron Preordered GTA V and we have no clue what platform GTA Five will definitely be on. mercie_blink.gif

Edited by TruXter

Does anyone actually take nintendo consoles for a serious gaming console anymore anyway?

Did they ever?

I did, but not anymore of course. Nintendo would damn near have to pay me to play another console with the name "Wii" in it.

Haha, sh*t I just realized that the poll said "the initial release", in which case we'll only be seeing the PS3 and 360 versions.

Haha, sh*t I just realized that the poll said "the initial release", in which case we'll only be seeing the PS3 and 360 versions.

That's what I am suspecting. Rockstar keeps doing what they do and then the final later releases flop because people either lost interest, or because shelvers mark it at $29 because it's a year old.

Unless they are getting a huge kick back from Sony and Microsloppy, they need to rethink that part of their strategy.

Effy in Chains

Rockstar won't waste their time with the Wii U.

Plus, I don't think Nintendo will want their innocent imagine spoiled by having GTA on their precious little console.

Zs936OL.gif

I would not like Rockstargames to put GTA V on WII U. Firstly WII U is like a family console and its games are like Mario and other stuff not hardcore like GTA V. If Rockstargames plans to bring GTA V to WII U they either will start from scratch because they never worked on WII U or they will port it to WII U which pretty much will be the same as the PS3 and XBOX 360 versions maybe little more FPS i really don't think that people will pay 500 or something dollars to get WII U and GTA V. I rather pay that money to buy the next Playstation than WII U i don't like the looks of it and the name of it. My opinion it will be released on PS3 and XBOX 360 first then 3-4 months later on PC, because Rockstargames wants to earn all the 60 bucks from consoles then PC. PC players should not be worried to wait 3-4months, because first you guys can upgrade the graphics with IEnhancer or whatever it is and second you guys can mod the game and make it much much better. I am a console player and i would love to wait 3-4months for GTA V if i knew i could mod the game, but i know its not possible on consoles.

Effy in Chains

Or it's that Rockstar is has an exclusivity contract between Playstation and Microsoft that doesn't allow them to make the current GTA titles for other platforms.

The wii uses a ATI Hollywood which is clocked 50% higher than the gamecube graphics card meaning it runs at 243 MHz.

The ps3 uses a Nvidia RSX 'Reality Synthesizer' and that runs at 550MHz.

The 360 uses a ATI Xenos and that runs at 500MHz.

The wii u however will use a custom AMD card similar to the Radeon R700 which runs at 900MHz.

Even knowing that the wii u will have a better graphics card doesn't mean anything because the wii despite selling very well most people played it for a month before getting bored, in my opinion the name "wii" should have been dropped all together to increase the sales of the console. Does anyone actually take nintendo consoles for a serious gaming console anymore anyway?

If Rockstar does put it on Wii U, i hope they release it after the 360 & PS3 versions.

I don't want the normal releases delayed by them struggling to develop it for a new & totally different console. mad.gif

I would suggest the Wii U should wait longer than the PC, because it will produce the least GTA:V sales of all 4 platforms.

Zs936OL.gif

Why is everyone talking sh*t on Nintendo? They were around way before Playstation and Xbox.

Playstation and Xbox wouldn't ever even have existed if it wasn't for Nintendo and the way they revolutionized the gaming world. Nintendo paved the way for them tbh, and xbox/playstation should have to pay them royalties for their success today. They would be nothing without Nintendo and what they did for gaming in the mid 80's and early 90's.

Sunrise Driver

WII U is like a family console and its games are like Mario and other stuff not hardcore like GTA V.

Also BF3, Assassins Creed, Darksiders 2, Metro LL etc. which are obviously family games...

XBox 360 and PlayStation 3, get a first day Release Date .... about 4 to 6 months later comes the PC version.

I'm not sure for the Wii-U version thou. moto_whistle.gif

DLC: XBox 360 or PlayStation 3 will get a timed Exclusive, OR NOT

I would guess PS3 and Xbox 360 mid to late 2012, if its released on PC (I'm pretty sure it would be) early 2013.

i personly for the sake of the game hope its only on PS3 and PC cause i dont want another GTA thats going to be limited to the abilities of the XBOX360 unless the rumors are true and the new XBOX is coming but if not then i hope it wont be on XBOX cause i want an amazing game

I would guess PS3 and Xbox 360 mid to late 2012, if its released on PC (I'm pretty sure it would be) early 2013.

Classic. I agree with your opinion icon14.gif

XBox, PS3 and PC all at the same time would be excellent. It's annoying having to wait months later for the PC version by which time you've watched videos of the game on Youtube and it's lost it's excitement of being a new game.