Are headsets a bit freaky...

jdbug28

Freaky Indeed. Who knows whether the guy you're speaking to is a serial killer with a chainsaw living in the wood, or a pedophile looking for a kiddy virgin ass. biggrin.gif

How are they going to bother you over the Internet? Your neighbour might be a paedo ffs!

OP dude: get a headset. You are missing soooo much mate.

Thanks for the advice. its a bit strange playing silently with real people surrounding you (even if said people are virtual) it does feel a bit lonely too because usually in my house, the rest of my family are either in bed or in a another room when im gaming and i do like to say thanks to people when they flip my car back on its wheels, or if i am helped in taking out some stalker in a Buzzard. And you can talk tatics too. Text chat is a bit bland at times and it takes ages typing

I still don't understand how people can play multiplayer games without a headset... how boring.

If the gameplay is so sh*t that you can't play without a headset then you are playing the wrong games.

So any game that has online co-op, any form of strategy, or any game that involves friends is the wrong type of game? monocle.gif

Well f*ck me sideways, I've been playing the wrong games!

@OP: People make it out to seem as though the whole world consists of 8 year olds screaming into their mic, believe me, this isn't the case. If you don't have real-life friends that play Ps3, just wait for a few people to add you and you'll soon get a lot more out of your games by playing with them. Try eBay as well. You can find a lot of new and used mics there for very cheap, especially the ones where you can just talk into them. If you are wanting to spend a bit extra, seriously consider the Turtle Beaches (around $40+ on Ebay).

no i dont have any real life freinds on PS3, but i do have people already on my freind list that i think would be alright to talk to. And I do have real life freinds ok just to clarify smile.gif

Talking on headsets with random people is awesome, because every now and then you find a gem. I met this english guy on xbox live on the demo for the first Bad Company and we have stayed friends since. We talk at least once a week about all sorts of different things. Hell we once even started Windtalkers up at the same time and cracked jokes about it.

It allows you to interact with people you otherwise would not, and that is worth it.

el1e0jer0qpyjd2fg.jpg

I always feel like a massive nerd wearing the head set when playing my 360. confused.gif

With friends it's alright, but most of my close friends don't play online anymore, so I typically don't wear one talking to strangers.

Chinatown Wars

Went out with one of the guys I met on xbl. Nice guy, and like xboxless said, you can always expect to find a gem.

Had to break up with him as he moved to Oregon.

Went out with one of the guys I met on xbl. Nice guy, and like xboxless said, you can always expect to find a gem.

Okay. Woah. Umm, don't mean to sound so immature but... gay? It says right on your profile you're male. monocle.gif

I'm not a fan of mics. For some reason, I always go with typing in-game than chatting in-game. I've spent countless of L4D2 hours just spamming sh*t.

Chinatown Wars

Okay. Woah. Umm, don't mean to sound so immature but... gay? It says right on your profile you're male. monocle.gif

No hurr de durrr

I always feel like a massive nerd wearing the head set when playing my 360. confused.gif

With friends it's alright, but most of my close friends don't play online anymore, so I typically don't wear one talking to strangers.

I lol'd. Totally man, I still feel slightly embarassed when my dad walks in and I'm wearing it. I suppose there's no way to look cool while wearing one. It's something that will go with time, hopefully. When we're older and have kids, they'll be wearing them too.

I've spoken to strangers the odd time. It's a bit weird but it's also cool. The idea of playing a game with someone from a different timezone from Canada or whatever is kinda cool.

I don't really have friends that play games like I do. Well, I do but there's playing COD and Battlefield which I don't play that much.

I love when you get a maturish bunch of people or stoners and your baked and you know they're with their friends, baked and you started talking weird crap or doing impressions of people and everyone joins in. Can be a lot of fun!

I'm not a fan of mics. For some reason, I always go with typing in-game than chatting in-game. I've spent countless of L4D2 hours just spamming sh*t.

i dont like Text Chat because its slow and fustrating when theres fast action in game. Im less likely to reply if im the middle of something big and @Chinatown Wars LOL LOL LOL come on admit it

Chinatown Wars
and @Chinatown Wars LOL LOL LOL come on admit it

No Durr I'm gay. Was sleeping with you a big enough hint?

Like the tenth time I had to say it to anyone suicidal.gif

• 2 weeks later...
LongHairedFreakyGuy

I actually only purchased a headset so that I could talk to my mates over Live, since I no longer live near any of them, but I've found that MP games are a lot easier when it comes to owning a headset. It still feels absolutely nerdy to sit there and talk to the TV. Half of the time, unless talking to my friend, I just have them on mute anyway, since I play a lot of CoD and it's pointless ever trying to tell them kids to actually do something worthy of team-work.

I still hate going into a private chat with someone I don't know IRL, hence I ignore a lot of requests from a few guys on here.

Whats freaky is those players that own headsets, have them on and never say anything, or just breathe into it.

I've always had my headset on, and got no problem talking to strangers, spoken to a lot of cool people. Of course

you get random idiots, annoying little kids, french guys that only know f*ck off motherf*cker in English....

Seriously though I love using my mic, got to teach those french f*cks a little more English to use and tell those loud mouth little kids were to go whilst playing (nothing worse than a kid, who is actually quite good at a game, beating you and then calling you a noob) thats enough to make me devil.giflol.gifbiggrin.gif

7cg1vNw.png

Haha, I hear ya ^

Yeah what pisses me off are c*nts that leave there mic on and have the volume of the T.V. up really loud. I notice this in NFS:HP a lot.

The only reason I have headsets on the 360 because they came free with the consoles I traded my old Elite in and kept the mic, I use that mice now to talk to the 2 people I know in real life when we're on-line, To start with though I only kept the mics to up the value of the consoles that little bit, but I now use them on occasion.

Snake Without a Tongue

Whats freaky is those players that own headsets, have them on and never say anything, or just breathe into it.

That's me. Although I try not to breathe into it. I tend to keep the mic up if there's no action going on. I get really awkward talking to people on a headset. I'm sure they think I'm creepy because the only time I really talk is when it's related to the game. If they try to engage me in conversation I just kind of yeah, or whatever them.

Gaming with strangers just sucks in general most of the time. I met these cool people in a random game once and they invited me to join their group but then they never invited me to any match so I gave up on them. I miss the old days of counterstrike where everybody at least knew each other if not sitting in the same room together.

My first online experience was horrible. I got stuck on a team full of Koreans on modern warfare and it completely threw me off. I thought everyone was Asian lol cause I kept getting put on their team. A close friend of mine lended me some friends from his friends list (lol don't ask) and I've those gaming with those guys ever since. It was worse in the beginning of live when either you were in a private chat with one person or in game chat.

Finn 7 five 11
Seriously though I love using my mic, got to teach those french f*cks a little more English to use and tell those loud mouth little kids were to go whilst playing (nothing worse than a kid, who is actually quite good at a game, beating you and then calling you a noob) thats enough to make me devil.giflol.gifbiggrin.gif

That happens to me when i play cod, but they only beat me because they hide in some corner covering the doorway, but too far away to shotgun, or quickly throw semtex or something at them.

I usually insult them about being a fetus and call them campin bitches and either leave, or hope they don't camp on the next map.

I have only played 1 genuinely good 11 year old with a mic so far, he was actually pretty cool so i added the little fella.

Anyone else here having problems with MW3? Everyone on my headset sounds sh*t. The sound quality I mean, not their personalities.

I have an awesome connection and the headset was fine with Black Ops...

Headsets are worth it if you get the right one.

And by that I mean get a pair of surround sound headphones. It makes the difference 10 fold. And if you live with someone, they will appreciate not hearing the sound of a Javelin exploding next to you and rumbling the doors in your house.

pAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gif

• 2 weeks later...

im now considering getting a Gio Teck bluetooth wireless headset £9.99 from Game (im tight lol) i think its alright and a headset is worth it. Its between that or a Sony PS3 keyboard £22.99 confused.gif However, text chat on my PS3 is like a chore because the XMB is so slow but its slick and quick on other peoples youtube videos.

WHY ME!!! suicidal.gif

EDIT can somebody or a mod tell me if your allowed to have your PSN portable id as your signature? Sorry if thats the case

Edited by jdbug28

Chinatown Wars
i like to masturbate while wearing my headset...so be forewarned.

Got an xbox live account?

i like to masturbate while wearing my headset...so be forewarned.

Seriously! Is this really necessary? No its just immature

LongHairedFreakyGuy
I have only played 1 genuinely good 11 year old with a mic so far, he was actually pretty cool so i added the little fella.

I find myself doing this a few times whilst on CoD. In between all the trash talk getting thrown around, you get one 'kid' who is genuinely trying to help the team, telling you of all the places the enemy is at and whatnot, and find myself adding them to my list.

I don't mind those who have headsets, but never talk. I've put this down to them owning a pair of Turtle Beach headsets, and purely wearing them for the enhanced sound that you get in games such as CoD. I used to just plug in a pair of headphones and play games anyway, since I find it easier to get myself immersed into the game. I get easily distracted.

I echo others who get annoyed by people having their TV set on too loud. CoD is horrible for this, due to the killstreaks that sound ultra-loud down your headset due to an echo. It's even worse when someone has their TV that loud that it echoes anything that you say. mad.gif