Are headsets a bit freaky...

jdbug28

Im considering buying a headset for PS3. I was just wondering if its a bit odd talking to people you've never met for real. About immature idiots being annoying, i know you can mute them but how common are they? Also, have you ever heard any total weirdos? lol Tell me what you think? This is when im playing public free mode when my PS3 freinds are offline

Well you get alot of losers playing music down the mike, or on the xbox for example if someone's headset is running out of battery it makes the most annoying sound known to man. But like you say its easy to mute them anyway so it dont really matter.

As for the talking to new people part, i only got a headset because i play with all my real life friends, so talking to new people is usually just us shouting at other people telling them how crap they are (Its great fun sparking reactions tounge.gif ) Worth it for just that.

But if your playing on a team game like SnD in Call of Duty, it really helps to communicate with the team, find out where the enemy is ETC.

Bottom line, headset = worth it.

SIG-2.jpg

Damn, I met a f*ckin weird guy once - if it was a guy!

I gues he had some sort of software, he had a different voice everytime.

At one point, it was Michael Jackson! And that was a few weeks after his death mercie_blink.gif

But it's worth it, I remember playing Rainbow Six Vegas - communicating with the team is very handy.

Also, me and a friend started messing around on IV MP once.

When someone was talking, my friend kept saying 'Be quiet!' with a huge Dutch accent biggrin.gif

Edited by Exxon

Damn, I met a f*ckin weird guy - if it was a guy!

At one point, it was Michael Jackson! And that was a few weeks after his death mercie_blink.gif

Wish that was me, i love me some Michael Jackson inlove.gif

There is a alot of voice changing stuff out there, one time someone's voice was changed almost completely robotic. Lame.

SIG-2.jpg

Voice changing was a feature that was built into the original xbox live ( or it might have been in game for Halo 2, not sure). Then someone along the line figured out that it was a f*cking stupid thing to include.

Talking to random people online isn't that weird, at least not once you've done it for a while. I don't often actually talk to randoms, I usually only talk to my mates, but I'll have the headset on to keep up with the game. You'll probably be shocked at the just how much hate the 13 year old FPS fan has for, well any group that isn't a white, straight, middle class, English speaking male.

user posted image

Damn, I met a f*ckin weird guy once - if it was a guy!

But it's worth it, I remember playing Rainbow Six Vegas - communicating with the team is very handy.

Also, me and a friend started messing around on IV MP once.

When someone was talking, my friend kept saying 'Be quiet!' with a huge Dutch accent biggrin.gif

LOL id be playing a game all fine and then What the heck! notify.gif anyway, still thinking, considering...

@Robinski - those kind of people would be in my mute list (they dont deserve headsets) mad.gif

Edited by jdbug28

Finn 7 five 11

You do get a lot of idiots, but often it is quite fun to argue with them or listen to them attempt to insult you. When I first got a headset it was odd, but now I an just so used to talking I forget that the headset is not even on my head! and there I am blabbering to myself, often when playing games you can get isolated, this is a great way to avoid that.

I have made many friends because of a headset and a few of them are very cool guys, I play with every night, had I not got a headset I would not have met these guys, which would have been sad, since i have so much more fun playing when i have someone to talk to.

Edited by finn4life

I only use a microphone for raids in WoW. Its not a big deal after you get to know everyone in your guild, although there's one guy who's been around a year now is married and has kids but doesn't talk over vent. He's now not being allowed to raid. smile.gif

What the heck notify.gif , that's exactly what I was thinking.

He made the sound of MJ of one of his songs (Billie Jean?) something like "hihihiiii!".

Know what I mean? biggrin.gif

You're chasing someone with an attack heli, just want to blow 'em up ... you here MJ "hihihiii!" lol.gif

Ive made some freinds via Text Chat. but i want to communicate more quicker. Saves having to stop your car, and press the PS button, and then type without a keyboard, then send and then get back into the game, and start accelerating again. Sometimes when someone sends me something i dont bother reading it if im in pursuit of a fleeing driver and then their like "are you there?" "talk!"

It's really a great addition to it. You become used to talking with strangers. I talk with a lot of players from GTAF and am basically friends with them. It just feels like you're talking to a friend really haha.

Chinatown Wars

I actually find it quite fun when the little kids start calling me gay and I tell them that in real life I am.

If they call me a bitch I'll tell them that I'll be their bitch if they let me suck their cocks. They usually leave.

I actually find it quite fun when the little kids start calling me gay and I tell them that in real life I am.

If they call me a bitch I'll tell them that I'll be their bitch if they let me suck their cocks. They usually leave.

ROFL i think i would leave too biggrin.gif

Chinatown Wars

ROFL i think i would leave too biggrin.gif

I do what I gotta do to get the little basterds off my radar.

What I was surprised about was how normal most people were. I have turtle beach headset but haven't used it that much. It's a lot of fun with GTA4 freemode though. I was hanging with a couple of english 13yo guys. Lol. I guess it was kind of weird since I'm 37 -- but all we were talking about was what was going on in the game -- get a 4-door, where are you etc.

Chinatown Wars
I still don't understand how people can play multiplayer games without a headset... how boring.

Well for one mics are very expensive. Most people would rather buy a used game rather than a new mic. $20 for a crappy mic is unreasonable. Then if you want an expensive one, they are going to cost more than a new game.

But yeah, talking to people on mics is pretty fun.

I still don't understand how people can play multiplayer games without a headset... how boring.

If the gameplay is so sh*t that you can't play without a headset then you are playing the wrong games.

leik oh em jeez!

‎"If you were starving on an island, and had to eat one of your own body parts, what would it be?" "Take my legs, leave my hands so I can still play Xbox."

You can hear some funny sh*t playing games online, and you can't comment if you don't have a mic. Though I usually only use mine if a friend is in the game with me. Or if my team is doing horribly I might give them a motivational speech, and when that doesn't work I just talk sh*t to them. Always fun though.

I use the mic that came with my 360, though I have to run the audio through the TV to understand what anyone is saying.

Finn 7 five 11

Well for one mics are very expensive. Most people would rather buy a used game rather than a new mic. $20 for a crappy mic is unreasonable. Then if you want an expensive one, they are going to cost more than a new game.

$20? that's cheap, in Australia for the standard Sony Headset (little thing you put on your ear) it's $60, and the cheapest one i saw was $47.

If your going for Turtle Beach or any other PS3 surround Headset its $100+.

Really though if your playing online a headset is so worthwhile, more worthwhile than a game i think, it increases the online interest for much longer.

$20? that's cheap, in Australia for the standard Sony Headset (little thing you put on your ear) it's $60, and the cheapest one i saw was $47.

Really though if your playing online a headset is so worthwhile, more worthwhile than a game i think, it increases the online interest for much longer.

That's why I buy games/accessories and stuff here:

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-accessories/...oth-headset-ps3

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-accessories/...-new-design-ps3

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-accessories/...-headset-ps3-pc

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-accessories/...ess-headset-ps3

And many more.

Everything is in Aussie Dollars, all from UK, free shipping.

OT: The only time I use a headset online is when I'm party'd with friends. It's worth it though.

Finn 7 five 11

That's why I buy games/accessories and stuff here:

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-accessories/...-new-design-ps3

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-accessories/...-headset-ps3-pc

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-accessories/...ess-headset-ps3

And many more.

Everything is in Aussie Dollars, all from UK, free shipping.

OT: The only time I use a headset online is when I'm party'd with friends. It's worth it though.

Thanks a lot, i have seen that website before but questioned its legitimacy and forget to check up on it.

MW3 and BF3 for only $66, cheaper than ebay! f*ck Yes!! Definitely using that, i can get them both for the price of one. Thank you so much!

Thanks a lot, i have seen that website before but questioned its legitimacy and forget to check up on it.

MW3 and BF3 for only $66, cheaper than ebay! f*ck Yes!! Definitely using that, i can get them both for the price of one. Thank you so much!

Oh it's definitely legit! I bought Crackdown 2 from there, various PS3 accessories, and preordered Saints Row the third for $56 instead of $109 in the shops here biggrin.gif No problemo!

I got the standard Microsoft headset with my Xbox when i bought it to use to talk online, but after a while i upgraded to Turtle Beach X11's mainly for the sound quality you get out of them badboys! So even if you didn't want to use Turtle Beaches to talk with, they are still worthwhile.

SIG-2.jpg

Thanks for the replies. icon14.gif I think im going to get a headset soon, they seem worthwhile. Personally im not too bothered about the high quality ones Turtle Beach and others. Personally, all i want, is to be able to understand what people are saying and talk back. my next gaming accessory is going to be a steering wheel

Edited by jdbug28

WhatTheyDoNotWantYouToKnow

Freaky Indeed. Who knows whether the guy you're speaking to is a serial killer with a chainsaw living in the wood, or a pedophile looking for a kiddy virgin ass. biggrin.gif

The problem I find with mics is hearing those immature prepubescent 5-year-olds like Justin Beiber on COD. I eventually realized that this was COD's fault and not the mics. My solution stop playing COD and start playing Battlefield.

HirLWl5.gif

I use a headset on 360 and there are a lot of 11 year olds screaming, people singing and racists, but then there are some genuinely nice people for all those, if you don't have a headset you're mssing out...

I use a headset on 360 and there are a lot of 11 year olds screaming, people singing and racists, but then there are some genuinely nice people for all those, if you don't have a headset you're mssing out...

I agree with you. I've met some now very good online friends on PSN because I have a mic. If someone annoys you, mute them. It's as easy as that.

HirLWl5.gif