Public Transportation

Gtaman_92

What type of public transportation do you expect to see this time around? Could we see ferries if the location is an island? Or a massive subway system that reaches the entire city or even the return of taxis. Which do you prefer?

Addition of the ability to use buses that travel around the location would be nice, since they didn't drive around LC at all in GTA IV (?) let alone pick up passengers.

Also, the Taxis must return, although the drivers need to take a driving lesson for the next game...

The integration of car pooling where a ped gets picked up by another ped in a car, whether it's in a driveway or in front of a shopping mall would be a nice touch. Make for a nice back story before you ensure they are trying to crawl out of the flaming wreckage they once referred to as a car.

Functional buses added is a great idea as is the improved taxi behavior with the same pick up ped algorithm.

Planes maybe? If map will be really big and varied.

5 Protagonists Prove/Theory

"Guns don't kill people, death kills people! Ask a doctor, it's a medical fact, you can't die from a bullet." - Gun Advocate from Chatterbox FM.

The subway system in IV was really great. There are only 3 thing I have to criticize of the subway. One is the undrivable subway, the second that you can't hang outside of the subway or go on the roof (like in one mission with the truck) and the third is that you can't move inside the train.

Before the release of IV everybody said there will be bus routes and that you can enter the bus and walk around in them. Nothing of these points came true. So I hope they will be in next. That will give the game lots of more realism.

These are imo the main points I thought of. Of course there should be a ferry if there are islands disconnected by water. And maybe some limo driving services you can rent.

Totally agree with Ispintechno's post. An improved taxi / ped system would be expedient.

Addition of the ability to use buses that travel around the location would be nice, since they didn't drive around LC at all in GTA IV (?) let alone pick up passengers.

Also, the Taxis must return, although the drivers need to take a driving lesson for the next game...

Odd but they actually do, i was playing GTA IV the other day and i don't think i have ever seen them before being driven and i have had the game since release day!

Next to FIA on the road that leads to where the black hawk helicopters are, they sometimes drive out of there!

I followed one but it crashed just by the police station..also it had passengers inside it? like 4 people!

Never seen that before i don't think lol

On the issue of transport i would like to see mainline trains if it's a state and subways and monorails in the cities and suburbs.

A complex subway much like GTA IV, if it is like that but improved i will be happy.

If it hopefully takes place in San Andreas, there should remain ofc:

Train, Trams, Planes.

Ofc all inproved like this time the trams useable or even driveable, moving inside the train or not always same plane and ofc moving inside the plane would be alot of fun.

They should put in Taxi and Bus too. Ferry would be nice to see too.

Subway trains that work in multiplayer, that you move around inside.

Depends on where it is.

Subways in Los Santos, Trolly's in San Fierro and just buses in Las Venturas. Though there should be buses in all the cities, even a country side bus like greyhound that you could take to country towns and to the other cities, though it would take longer.

Taxi's too.

You should also be able to show up at the airport and choose a destination to be flown to aswell, and not just to the other cities, they should have air strips out in the country side.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to fly ourselves.

Dijital Binali

It mostly depends on the city. If it is a metropolitan like NYC or Chicago, there has to be a subway system.

Taxi is also a must regardless of the city.

Ferry is a nice idea, I'd like to take my car with me from an island to an island.

Since my country has a sh*tty bus system, I'm going to say no to the bus. Apart from that, bus is usually for people who has below-average income. After all, we play as a criminal in this game; we make all that dirty money. I would not go cheap on my transportation if I were a criminal.

If there is going to be a huge map, I would like to rent a private jet; let's say for $10.000 a day. This can decrease the time spent between locations. And maybe, during the time we rent the plane, we can use it as a safehouse.

Being able to rent a limo would be awesome!

While sitting in the limo, you could watch TV, or even have hookers/strippers in there.

I also want Taxis to come back. I never really used the subway system in IV, but why not?

Also, Imagine if it is set in San Andreas. You're in Los Santos, and you are very rich. You want to travel to Las Venturas. You calll a limo which takes you to the airport. At the airport, a private jet is waiting for you. On the plane, there is a "call services" feature. You can then get drinks and stuff. Would be so VIP'ish. Then we could have something to spend our moneys on. smile.gif

Edited by GTA4L1fe

I heard that busses were supposed to be in IV, with different services/lines like the subway but then it was scrapped. Probably cause they either didn't have time, didn't think it was neccessary or it was too complicated to do.

I think it would be a nice addition. Other than that I think they've already did pretty much all other types of public transport. Maybe bring back the ferries from GTA III.

I want to drive (subway) trains. And taxi teleport would be a nice thing to have. tounge.gif

nd if it is Las Venturas, we could have a monorail! Las Vegas Monorail homepage Bus system would also be a nice thing.

And ferry could also work if it has islands far away from each other. Liberty City Stories had ferry between Stauton Island and Portland. Too bad you could not walk in it.

I want also stand on top of cars/planes/trains without falling off.

I heard that busses were supposed to be in IV, with different services/lines like the subway but then it was scrapped. Probably cause they either didn't have time, didn't think it was neccessary or it was too complicated to do.

I think it would be a nice addition. Other than that I think they've already did pretty much all other types of public transport. Maybe bring back the ferries from GTA III.

The jacking/kill animations for the bus were never finalized before it was sent for certification and had to be scrapped.

Sunrise Driver

Trolleybuses, trams, monorails, trains, subways, busses - everything enterable and drivable.