Trick or Treat?

Slamman

I am a fan of all sorts of Licorice product, mostly the traditional black molasses like flavor, but more recently enjoying the fruit flavored Twizzlers.

This comes at an odd time, they just find this out?

I've been eating the stuff all my life, so don't panic, but it seems it's good to take their advice!

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/...t-warns-the-fda

I'm so glad I can't stand that stuff. But my dad loves it, so I'll have to warn him about it when I see him. Thanks for the link. icon14.gif

I wouldn't worry about it. The quantities discussed in that article are quite high- remember, the stuff you buy in sweet shops is far removed from actual liquorice, which has dozens of very valid health applications and is actually a proven health aid for everything from stress to bowel problems to age-related mental decline. Glycyrrhizin has actually been used to increase blood pressure and to facilitate extraction of fluid from the lungs for a number of years now. In the commercial "black liquorice", the quantity of Glycyrrhizin is actually relatively low as little of the actual liquorice save for a small quantity of extract remains.

In ordinary, sensible quantities, it poses no harm at all. The most dangerous possible side-effect with uncontrolled consumption is alkalosis, which is a condition where the pH of tissue becomes higher (more basic) than the normal range, bringing about with it a host of unwanted side effects. But that's only seen after enormous quantities are consumed.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

You may enjoy licorice... but do you enjoy them as much as this dude?

Oh boy, am I proud to be Finnish...

suicidal.gif

8wjrzl.png

I like Halloween dress up parties and what not, they are fun whilst also stumbling onto the street scaring the hell out of people, I hate the kids that come round though, probably because I never went trick or treating.

I like Halloween dress up parties and what not, they are fun whilst also stumbling onto the street scaring the hell out of people, I hate the kids that come round though, probably because I never went trick or treating.

Nice off-topic, Slamman-esque ramblings there. sigh.gif

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Damn you berty bassett you murderer, thank god i cant stand the stuff!

I think the finnish are awesome after that vid lol!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

WF the Hobgoblin

I tend to ignore these type of articles. It would seem everything is good and bad for you.

"Drink two glasses of red wine a day, it reduces the chance of developing heart disease!"

"Danger! Danger! Drinking two glasses of red wine a day can cause bowel cancer!"

I hate Licorice anyway.

Black licorice is the worst candy ever invented, so I don't really care about this finding. It seems like only old people eat it along with their ginger ale, and liver and onions anyway.

user posted image

Black licorice is the worst candy ever invented, so I don't really care about this finding. It seems like only old people eat it along with their ginger ale, and liver and onions anyway.

Liver is all kind of awesome- some of the best meals I've ever had have been simple calf's liver, bacon, black pudding and gravy. So is proper ginger ale.

Untitled-1.jpg

I enjoy my licorice quite a bit, and liverwurst is my favorite sandwich meat. I'm not old sir.

I enjoy my licorice quite a bit, and liverwurst is my favorite sandwich meat. I'm not old sir.

Hey!!!!

I love black licorice, ginger ale, and [not really love but will eat] liverwurst. f*ck liver and onions though - last time I had that I was a kid living with my folks.

One of my favorite scents to wear was black licorice, but unfortunately the guy that used to make it died a bunch of years ago.

Maybe it's safe to eat Anise squares? Those aren't really licorice are they? I've always loved it, so can't say it's the worst, in all honesty. All seriousness, what I don't get is why people absolutely hate it, what's to hate?!???

Oh boy, am I proud to be Finnish...

Pipe down, would ya? (get it...?... Pipe down?!)

ha ha ha

Yeah bad joke, but I do think he's faking his exuberance

Edited by Slamman

Does anyone here eat Spunk?

Not personally, but I know quite a few people who do.

lol.gif

Untitled-1.jpg

Chinatown Wars
Surprise, everything kills you.

Eat as much as you want, you're going to die anyway.

Then they discover that those same foods are curing cancer or something suicidal.gif

They aired this report again on the news tonight, make it seem like it's more a threat then you know

2 ounces a day can F**k you UP!

Makes me hungry actually, just thinking about licorice