Am I the only one who noticed this?

DTroll

Before the MP3 announcement, R* seemed like the most friendly, open game developer I've ever seen (besides Bungie), but recently after the GTA V announcement, they've gone off the map. Nothing coming out of them. Its like 2003 all over again...

I believe from now on until GTA V's release, they're gonna be the mysterious R* we haven't seen in a while...thoughts?

user posted image

theyve always been mysterious and thats because theyre smart they know how to market and get people excited for their games.

Before the MP3 announcement, R* seemed like the most friendly, open game developer I've ever seen (besides Bungie), but recently after the GTA V announcement, they've gone off the map. Nothing coming out of them. Its like 2003 all over again...

I believe from now on until GTA V's release, they're gonna be the mysterious R* we haven't seen in a while...thoughts?

What are you talking about? GTA V was announced only a few days ago. As already stated, Rockstar have always been mysterious when it comes to Grand Theft Auto releases. They know what gets people excited and hyped up, and the longer they make us (the fans) wait, the more hyped up we will be. There is no use giving all information away in one big hit because they risk loosing potential sales as people's intrest in the game would drop.

RE9mJnf.png

R* isn't that smart. sarcasm.gif

No, they are only one of the most successful game developers of all time. Almost ALL of their games are are critically acclaimed, and sell in huge quantities. Their games are some of the MOST anticipated amongst even the most casual of gamers. Rockstar has NEVER fallen short of meeting or exceeding the expectations THEY create for themselves. Their way of doing business, from the long periods of time they take to develop a game, to the agonizing way they promote their products, is CLEARLY a winning formula. I don't really get the negative threads like this, that are not only WAY off base, but simply come off as whiny and ungrateful.

It cracks me up when people praise game companies for the way they market things. Marketing these days is just a clever way of lying to retards to get them to buy crap they dont need, and all you inbred retards fall for it. If Rockstar made GOOD GAMES, the game would speak for itself, and they wouldnt need to spend thousands on ridiculous marketing. Thats the problem with the gaming industry today. Its just another cash cow. Its not about fun or entertainment anymore. Its all about meeting deadlines to pump out crap before their competitor can. Notice how GTA V got announced close to Saints row 3s release date? Come on people. Rockstars made decent games, but at the end of the day, only a few of them have ever been truly good games. The rest just leech off Rockstars name, and end up on the top of game sites regardless of whether or not they're good. Just because a game sells 4 million units doesnt mean its a good game anymore. It just means mass marketing bought people out again.

Im interested in seeing if they actually put any effort into this game, unlike IV which was a massive travesty. The sad thing is though, even if this game was a 2D top down game again, the mass hordes of inbreeds will buy it regardless just because the box says Grand Theft Auto.

It cracks me up when people praise game companies for the way they market things. Marketing these days is just a clever way of lying to retards to get them to buy crap they dont need, and all you inbred retards fall for it. If Rockstar made GOOD GAMES, the game would speak for itself, and they wouldnt need to spend thousands on ridiculous marketing. Thats the problem with the gaming industry today. Its just another cash cow. Its not about fun or entertainment anymore. Its all about meeting deadlines to pump out crap before their competitor can. Notice how GTA V got announced close to Saints row 3s release date? Come on people. Rockstars made decent games, but at the end of the day, only a few of them have ever been truly good games. The rest just leech off Rockstars name, and end up on the top of game sites regardless of whether or not they're good. Just because a game sells 4 million units doesnt mean its a good game anymore. It just means mass marketing bought people out again.

Im interested in seeing if they actually put any effort into this game, unlike IV which was a massive travesty. The sad thing is though, even if this game was a 2D top down game again, the mass hordes of inbreeds will buy it regardless just because the box says Grand Theft Auto.

Thank you for your insightful post, Mr. Durden.

Rockstar DOES make good games. The videogame portion of the internet set on fire a few days ago when all Rockstar did was post a .jpg image and a trailer date. I'm certain no money was spent on Rockstar's behalf in that aspect.

If Rockstar made GOOD GAMES, the game would speak for itself, and they wouldnt need to spend thousands on ridiculous marketing.

Yeah! If the games were any good, they'd be able to do nothing but put a logo on a webpage and there'd be almost 5,000 posts about it in a fan forum in the next few days.

suicidal.gif

As for lying to people, Rockstar for years has made all their ads using only footage created in-game. Other game companies shoot live actors in costume to "dramatize" the game and show a few seconds of game footage.

Edited by Magic_Al

Tracksuit Hitman

The reason that Rockstar are quiet, and don't give many leaks/much information to the public is because they want to do that. Why do they? The reason is simply because it gets the fans more excited. Look at these forums, we've got so many topics dedicated to the trailer release, and it's only that, a trailer. So, Rockstar know if they don't leak to much information then the fans will do what's happened on this forum. Excitement will stay until the game's released, and then their games will come of the shelves faster than if there was an earthquake by a shopping mall. They know how to sell their games.

aka geobst

MiamiVice1984

No, they are only one of the most successful game developers of all time. Almost ALL of their games are are critically acclaimed, and sell in huge quantities. Their games are some of the MOST anticipated amongst even the most casual of gamers. Rockstar has NEVER fallen short of meeting or exceeding the expectations THEY create for themselves. Their way of doing business, from the long periods of time they take to develop a game, to the agonizing way they promote their products, is CLEARLY a winning formula. I don't really get the negative threads like this, that are not only WAY off base, but simply come off as whiny and ungrateful.

Wow man get off R*s balls please.

They've always had droughts in terms of communication and information. I would consider it one of their more annoying qualities. It's the classic "More info coming soon" and soon to them is 5 months.

As it's already been said it hasn't even been that long. Soon enough we'll get our trailer and the MP3 will continue.

What are you talking about? GTA V was announced only a few days ago. As already stated, Rockstar have always been mysterious when it comes to Grand Theft Auto releases. They know what gets people excited and hyped up, and the longer they make us (the fans) wait, the more hyped up we will be. There is no use giving all information away in one big hit because they risk loosing potential sales as people's intrest in the game would drop.

This. Look at Saints row the third, Sure I can't bloody wait to play it, the gameplay looks awesome along with all the trailers released. But to me, they give away too much, I know what the huds look like, the physics therefore am not as hyped as I was when I saw just the trailer and not the gameplay.

R* is different, they know how to do it the perfect way.

Officer Tenpenny is a bad man

Nah they'll just be secretive about GTA V till the trailer comes out cos they dont want to spoil the surprise!

Lmao you are such a boot likcker its fantastic.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

If Rockstar made GOOD GAMES, the game would speak for itself, and they wouldnt need to spend thousands on ridiculous marketing.

Yeah! If the games were any good, they'd be able to do nothing but put a logo on a webpage and there'd be almost 5,000 posts about it in a fan forum in the next few days.

suicidal.gif

As for lying to people, Rockstar for years has made all their ads using only footage created in-game. Other game companies shoot live actors in costume to "dramatize" the game and show a few seconds of game footage.

You and the other guy missed my point. The only reason people jump at the announcement is because of all the hype the built from their last games and all the hype thats pumped by the media. Heck, in all their pre-release hype, they hype features and word things in such a way, that they make it sound like the game to end all games, and half the time they'll hype features that dont even make it to release.

As for the rest of your comment, thats total BS. Actors in costumes? Whens the last time you looked at another game, 1997? I havent seen anything like that in over a decade. You should get out more often. Some companies use CG for trailers, but thats still not even close to what you said.

Oh sh*t, sorry dudes, i posted this when i was buzzed as hell last night. Disregard this thread, it means nothing.
user posted image

suicidal.gif

You and the other guy missed my point. The only reason people jump at the announcement is because of all the hype the built from their last games and all the hype thats pumped by the media. Heck, in all their pre-release hype, they hype features and word things in such a way, that they make it sound like the game to end all games, and half the time they'll hype features that dont even make it to release.

As for the rest of your comment, thats total BS. Actors in costumes? Whens the last time you looked at another game, 1997? I havent seen anything like that in over a decade. You should get out more often. Some companies use CG for trailers, but thats still not even close to what you said.

Actually you remember the halo 3 adverts with actors playing vets saying "I remember when I saw him......" and the same with COD and recently battlefield with the "is it real or battlefield?" commercial,Im pretty sure R* is one of the few companies not to spend ridiculous amount of money for ADs

suicidal.gif

Actually you remember the halo 3 adverts with actors playing vets saying "I remember when I saw him......" and the same with COD and recently battlefield with the "is it real or battlefield?" commercial,Im pretty sure R* is one of the few companies not to spend ridiculous amount of money for ADs

Bull. You seem to forget that 30 minute late-night ad they had on fox, where for 30 minutes they had the IV logo and a countdown timer to release. You know how much they spent for that? TV air time isnt cheap bro. Rockstars done some pretty stupid advertisements too.

suicidal.gif

Battlefield 3

that is why Activision doesn't really know how long to keep the game in development so they release it every bloody year and not 2 or more years because MW fans will go mad w/o MW3 if they wait more than a year. And now MW series i think is already dead but don't know why Activision keeping it alive these days. And that is why R* will always take their time and not releasing it every year like cr*p of duty.

Edited by HeNDo6750

MW3 looks great, dont be such a fanboy.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

Your username seems to fit the intended motive of this thread. What else do you expect from them up until release? Live Twitter updates? "gta fans were having a break back to office in 10"

Cant add anything more than what DTUman has already said. icon14.gif

Edited by johnny_zoo

Wow man get off R*s balls please.

I'm just giving an opposing point of view to the rediculously negative comments about a company that makes great games. I'm sorry, but it's a FACT that these games are popular for a reason. I have no problem with some constructive criticism, but some of the comments are just over the top. I did'nt say anything that was'nt true either.

Seems funny to me, if you believe this, that you would continue to come to one of Rockstar Games fan sites to post. If you don't like their games, why are you part of this GTA fansite. Seems kind of stupid to me. You must have never played any of the III era GTA games, nor Red Dead Redemption, which were all incredible games.

suicidal.gif

Word! I don't know how much they spent to put up a picture on their website, with a trailer date, but i'll bet it was'nt THOUSANDS. I guess all the buzz and excitement about their games is all one huge marketing ploy. It could'nt POSSIBLY be because their games are any good. rolleyes.gif

suicidal.gif

Battlefield 3

THANK YOU! As I watch those ads it makes me think, those companies spent MILLIONS to create live-action and special-effects visuals you don't see in the game. Rockstar shoots their commercials with the game engine so if they want the commercial to look good they have to make the game look good.