Possible GTA V Gameplay by lead designer

Rockstar20124

Rockstar20124

So, I saw this article about the possible gameplay of GTA V. It mentioned lead designer Jim Jagger who used to work for Sony London till his PS3 exclusive game Eight Days got cancelled. Guess where he is working now? Rockstar North! cool.gif

Nice to see that chopper from SA in action biggrin.gif

Some other nice lengthy demo clip

Personally, I think it looks pretty AMAZING. Especially since it's even not using the RAGE engine. And I really don't understand why Sony cancelled this game. Can you imagine Rockstar North using the talent of Jim Jagger for GTA V having seen these clips? I certainly can. The first clip with the highway chase by hanging under a helicopter makes me pretty excited for a new SA on the current gen consoles biggrin.gif

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32394...will-look-like/

Its possible but I doubt it. V will probably be a cross between LA Noire, MP3, and GTA IV as far as graphics/gameplay goes

ShnePmW.jpg?5

The first video looked totally scripted except for the beginning.

Gray Fox: I'm like you, I have no name.

Rockstar20124

The first video looked totally scripted except for the beginning.

Yeah, pretty much. And I really don't like overly scripted games that much. But in some occasions I wouldn't mind. In fact in GTA IV you had a mission where you were hanging on the back of a van. Which was scripted too. Only this looks much more spectacular biggrin.gif Then again, I really don't want an almost entirely scripted only game like Uncharted suicidal.gif GTA is all about free roam cool.gif But some missions obviously need scripted events...

What the game is about (eight days) ?

Gameplay synopsis taken from wikipedia.

The game was to be set over the course of eight days, and to be set in eight different states, which would have made it the largest game map at the time. The game would have also included a real life clock. If the game was being played at night, it would be night in the game. The player would be able to choose between two characters, one "good" and one "bad". In the "bad" characters storyline, he attempts to get revenge on a mob syndicate. The other storyline would follow the "good" character, a detective searching for the same mob syndicate, after he kidnaps his son. The two characters end up crossing paths, and eventually work together.

Damn, guys. This was a pretty old demo that was shown at E3 is 2006. That's five years ago. If anything, they used what they learned from making that game in GTA IV already.

Why the f*ck would somebody cancel such a great game. It looks f*cking fantastic. I'm 100% sure, it would be another PlayStation 3 Exclusive hit, and another great game to add to my PlayStation 3 collection.

f*cking retards rampage_ani.gif

No one noticed when I posted this in the Graphics topic. sad.gif

I think there's a possibility that this guys style will make it in in some way, but I don't think it'll look like this. Looks cool though.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

now why in the hell would something so awesome be cancelled?

Considering the other game choices... Saints Row?!? I think, I about agree on that front.

Why can't there be more games like that pushing Rockstar to try and make sure GTA remains undisputed. Some said my idea was that SR was a threat to GTA, I suggested it was the closest threat, in terms of a game very very similar, and basically described as a clone, in that regard.

Nice to see that chopper from SA in action biggrin.gif

Looks more like the Skylift from TBOGT imo.

user posted image

i remember this being posted on the forums a while back. Jim Jagger sure has a lot of talent!

What the game is about (eight days) ?

Gameplay synopsis taken from wikipedia.

The game was to be set over the course of eight days, and to be set in eight different states, which would have made it the largest game map at the time. The game would have also included a real life clock. If the game was being played at night, it would be night in the game. The player would be able to choose between two characters, one "good" and one "bad". In the "bad" characters storyline, he attempts to get revenge on a mob syndicate. The other storyline would follow the "good" character, a detective searching for the same mob syndicate, after he kidnaps his son. The two characters end up crossing paths, and eventually work together.

I hope it is on hold, I'd say refine it, and it needs more realism, the issue of knocking into things like they're paper and not concrete, for one example, and it moves at too fast a clip. The characters sliding and strafing animations are a bit too comical, but it's fine outside of that, I see a lot of what I like about Uncharted in that game!

The Nefarious

We can only hope that GTA V has gameplay like that!

The cover animation is the only thing that I'm interested in. It looks impressive and intense. Regarding Jim Jagger, he's a 3D animator not a designer. He worked on Eight days at Sony London studio from 2006 to September 2009 as a principal animator. He was then hired by Rockstar North in October 2009 to work on an unannounced project as a lead animator.

Jim Jagger's Resume

The cover animation is the only thing that I'm interested in. It looks impressive and intense. Regarding Jim Jagger, he's a 3D animator not a designer. He worked on Eight days at Sony London studio from 2006 to September 2009 as a principal animator. He was then hired by Rockstar North in October 2009 to work on an unannounced project as a lead animator.

Jim Jagger's Resume

Lead Animator... So that means whatever he's working with R* on, let it be Agent, Red Dead 2, GTA V, or Max Payne 3, the animation will be top notch and unbeatable. God I hope GTA V has an advanced cover system like that.

Snake Without a Tongue

The footage itself wasn't that great, actually. For 2006 it's pretty awesome. The only thing I thought was really original was the movement of the characters. They way they acknowledge each others physical presence.

I guess you can TELL it's not Euphoria there, but I think the gun sounds just like Uncharted, I love the effects sounds from Naughty Dog

No need to worry, if he's working with R* North as the lead animator, then regardless of what he's working on the animations will be top notch, if that game turns out to be GTA V then expect top notch animations.

GTA runs on the RAGE engine, with Euphoria physics incorporated. So it's going to look even more impressive with greater variety

Jim Jagger's Resume

Lead Animator... So that means whatever he's working with R* on, let it be Agent, Red Dead 2, GTA V, or Max Payne 3, the animation will be top notch and unbeatable. God I hope GTA V has an advanced cover system like that.

don't you mean red dead 3.

Damn, guys. This was a pretty old demo that was shown at E3 is 2006. That's five years ago. If anything, they used what they learned from making that game in GTA IV already.

Considering GTA IV had an actually functioning cover and shooting system. I wouldn't doubt it.

user posted image