360 Kinect

blowtorchrepair

blowtorchrepair

As much as I've day dreamed about someday being able to place our consciousnesses into the game (like the Matrix), a more practical feat would be having an option to scan ourselves with the Kinect in order to create a realistic character/avatar for online play, with all kinds of rad customization options, into the GTA world. If done well, I think this could be interesting.

your thoughts?

I'd read one small blurb about using Kinect and Move in the game GTA V, not to do that however, but again, how it would be used is not unlike PS3' Six Axis because with that and GTA IV, it was added actually, late in the game's build cycle, I think 6 months or less.

Prior ideas to personalize via hardware is using webcams to post your face on a model, it's just too advanced a process at this stage, As you see with Motion cap for example, used in LA Noire

>If that happens, i'm going to steal a baby and my player will be a grown man with the face of a baby.

[offtopic] Would you guys please kindly stop posting in green. I can barely read it against the dark blue background. I get that it's about the green in the GTA:V logo. But would you mind if I were to please ask you pick a lighter green that contrasts better.

It's nothing personal. I'm not picking on you guys in particular. But there are a few too many people have started posting like this now and it's doing my eyes in.

Thank you. [/offtopic]

Edited by meson1

blowtorchrepair
I'd read one small blurb about using Kinect and Move in the game GTA V, not to do that however, but again, how it would be used is not unlike PS3' Six Axis because with that and GTA IV, it was added actually, late in the game's build cycle, I think 6 months or less.

Prior ideas to personalize via hardware is using webcams to post your face on a model, it's just too advanced a process at this stage, As you see with Motion cap for example, used in LA Noire

I don't think it would be so difficult b/c for just an online character facial expressions would not be necessary, unlike with LAN's characters in the story. What gave me the idea was seeing the hologram like image of myself on screen that's part of the kinect fitness game. A polished version of that image would fit into a game.

It would be awesome if you can use Kinect during "hot coffee". tounge.gif

*hip thrust* lol.gif

Seriously in this other game R6V2 for Xbox you can take a picture of yourself with a cam and the game

then it will add you as a character into MP.

R* should implement this feature to all of their platforms both console and PCs.

Edited by Stinky12