Possible Hint?

Trideez

Could the Green V be a hint that we will be playing as another member of the FAMILIES? That is their gang color. I hope so!

NotoriousKiller

This really didn't have to be a thread. Anyways it seems to have to do more with money than just the color green.

This really didn't have to be a thread. Anyways it seems to have to do more with money than just the color green.

I agree totally.

No need for a separate thread and i doubt i has anything to do with something other than US Currency.

I agree totally.

No need for a separate thread and i doubt i has anything to do with something other than US Currency.

Yeah the V itself is looks like it resembles money and not working for a specific gang. This is a pointless topic and should be locked. This sounds more Wishlist to me anyway.

Green for money???? Why wasn't IV's logo GREEN then? IV was about Money. So was Vice City, so was III. Green for the FAMILIES makes way more sense than green for money.

Green for money????  Why wasn't IV's logo GREEN then?  IV was about Money.  So was Vice City, so was III.  Green for the FAMILIES makes way more sense than green for money.

Apart from the V resembles a Five dollar bill you idiot, or a bunch of notes green with a white sash rapped around it. I can't even tell if you're being serious any more.

Edited by Lightning Strike

Green for money????  Why wasn't IV's logo GREEN then?  IV was about Money.  So was Vice City, so was III.  Green for the FAMILIES makes way more sense than green for money.

Apart from the V resembles a Five dollar bill you idiot, or a bunch of bank bulls green with a white sash rapped around it. I can't even tell if you're being serious any more.

He's only looking at the color of one aspect of the logo. Not the entirety of it.

@Trideez: C'mon man. It's painfully obvious that the entire design was around US paper currency. The green is the perfect shade and the design looks ripped straight from a five dollar bill...

Google American 5 dollar bill and you'll see what we mean.

really what they said. We wall discused this in the main thread.

We said:

1. Theres a spade.

2. Its green

3. Looks like money

4. Connection to the 555 thing

5. Packie is irish and green is color irishmen like or whatever

6. Pakie left on a plane

7. The logo turned around, colored brown with a red strip looks identicle to the prepare for the explosion billboard in GTA IV.

It dont really need a thread.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

John The Grudge

This is a 1899 US $5 Silver Certifcate:

user posted image

This is a current US $5 bill:

user posted image

So the V is certainly not from a current $5 bill. It seems to have been taken right off a a silver certificate issued in 1899. I'm not American so correct me if I'm wrong.

your correct. but rockstar did that on purpose just for the logo and the style of money. Nothing that says were going back before 1980`s. (better not either).

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

John The Grudge
your correct. but rockstar did that on purpose just for the logo and the style of money. Nothing that says were going back before 1980`s. (better not either).

It's taken from a certificate from the year 1899. No way they'd go that far back lol. Maybe it's relavent, maybe not but it seems clear that they got the logo from that certificate.

Prisonermonkeys

Could the Green V be a hint that we will be playing as another member of the FAMILIES?  That is their gang color.  I hope so!

The green V clearly means that the story will revolve around a villain who plans to flood a pipeline with gravy, using exploding horses to distract everyone while he replaces the world's supply of condoms with used car mufflers.

My reasoning for this is that there is a "v" in "villain" and also in "gravy", and that horses eat grass, which is green. And to top it all off, "villain gravy condom horse" is an anagram for "a cad reviving holy minors", which obviously means the protagonist is a scoundrel who works in a hospital resuscitating altar boys.

John The Grudge
Could the Green V be a hint that we will be playing as another member of the FAMILIES?  That is their gang color.  I hope so!

The green V clearly means that the story will revolve around a villain who plans to flood a pipeline with gravy, using exploding horses to distract everyone while he replaces the world's supply of condoms with used car mufflers.

My reasoning for this is that there is a "v" in "villain" and also in "gravy", and that horses eat grass, which is green. And to top it all off, "villain gravy condom horse" is an anagram for "a cad reviving holy minors", which obviously means the protagonist is a scoundrel who works in a hospital resuscitating altar boys.

Classic post. I tip my hat to you sir.

NikothetheBellic

It's taken from a certificate from the year 1899. No way they'd go that far back lol. Maybe it's relavent, maybe not but it seems clear that they got the logo from that certificate.

Well, here's an 1899 Five dollar certificate going for almost $3000 at Golberg Auctions

http://images.goldbergauctions.com/php/lot...&lot=193&lang=1

So maybe...

The protagonist of the new GTA comes across a large stash of these bills in one of the missions tounge.gif

Just a long shot tounge.gif

Why wasn't IV's logo GREEN then? IV was about Money.

GTA IV wasn't entirely about money, in fact it was more or less about Niko coming to Liberty City to get away from his past. He is looking for someone and he finds out that this person happens to be in Liberty City.

NikothetheBellic
Why wasn't IV's logo GREEN then? IV was about Money.

GTA IV wasn't entirely about money, in fact it was more or less about Niko coming to Liberty City to get away from his past. He is looking for someone and he finds out that this person happens to be in Liberty City.

"I killed people, smuggled people, sold people. Perhaps here, things will be different."

all gtas are about money in some way, why this game emphasizes money in the logo specifically the 1899 five dollar bank note is the real question.