Why so bad handling after modding?

Neo3

Hi,

I installed a Chevrolet Suburban car instead of Landstalker. The look of the car is perfect, but the handling... is horrible! As soon as I start to turn, the car starts to roll :s It is undriveable.

I changed the handling.dat too. What could be the problem? I have the same problem with some other cars too.

I remember, last time I played the game (about a year ago) I only changed the body, and did nothing with the handling. it was ok for me. Now I did the same, then the car behaved like above. Then I changed handling.dat, but no change sad.gif

I don't have any other vehicle mod added. only ENB.

Are you sure that you're putting the given handling line for the Suburban in place of the line for the Landstalker?

Something else, which Suburban did you download? Because I know the the old 1980's Suburban for the game doesn't come with a very good handling line.

yes, I am sure, that's why I asked it in the forum. Here are thje lines that I replaced:

LANSTALK 2500.0 4.0 85 0.0 0.0 -0.78 0.5 5 0.20 1.0 175.0 0.16 0.65 0.7 35.0 1.05 0.85 14.0 0.15 0.49 1.4 0.9 1.1 0.25 -0.18 0.0 0.5 1.0 1.0 0.9 1.5 0.0 60000 440000 0 0

GrandMaztahAce

try decreasing the 6th value from left (-0.78), try -0.90 and go ingame to see if it helped. repeat the procedure with a lower value (maybe -1.00) if the car still flips. and so on

try decreasing the 6th value from left (-0.78),

Yeah, thats the value for the centre of gravity on a vertical axis. If your vehicle rolls this is your problem. If however you have made this change and you still encounter the same issue, make sure in the vehicles.ide that the model is reading the correct handling line.

I just copy pasted my own Landstaler line DONT USE THIS ONE, its just to illustrate...

landstalker, landstalker, car, LANSTALK, LANSTALK, VEH@STD, VEH@STD_LO4_LO4, 10, 3, 0.2992, 0.2992, 0, 4, 1.5 ,0, ext_gang+ext_all+ext_strong