Using "Offline" Savegames with an Online profile?

Blizzard14

Ok, I just want to know how to load an "Offline" profile's savegames using my new online social club profile.

Whenever I go to,

"...\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames"

I see the two user folders. I copy and paste everything in the offline profile folder to the new one, but when i get in game and try to load, it gives me some error message and starts a new game instead.

Is there a way i can sort of, "convert" the saves so i can use them in my new profile?

mine does that for GTA IV on PS3. It says: "this data is not owned by you". Theres no way around it i dont think. Googles your friend. lol.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Well then how do people use other saves? Like SnPs? 100% saves? Doesn't it give them the error?

The ONLY way is to use Xliveless-it bypasses Windows Live, which allows the game to recognize other save files.-This is how SnP's and the IV Chain Game was done...Just a friendly heads up. smile.gif

ive never been able to get the saves to work for whatever reason. It says its not my property. So PS3 cant do it no matter what. Thats why i dont get save game sites have the saves for it.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

ive never been able to get the saves to work for whatever reason. It says its not my property. So PS3 cant do it no matter what. Thats why i dont get save game sites have the saves for it.

First of all, it is PC that you can use downloaded saves on(with Xliveless of coarse)-it is not just "plug and play" with the saves like it used to be with III, VC, and SA..

But for PS3, it might be cause you need a Cheat Device to load downloaded saves-just like, if you remember how the PS2 needed either a GameShark OR ARMax running in order to be able to recognize the downloaded save(s)...remember that? tounge2.giflol.gif

Yes! Got it to work! Thanks for the help radioman! I don't come to GTAF as often as before, but i still remember you back when i only lurked the SA forums. Seems you are helpful all around!

Cheers! icon14.gif

Edit:The only bad side to it is that i have to have two Gta4 shortcuts on my Steam library, but thats not such a big deal...

Edited by Blizzard14

nightwalker83
The ONLY way is to use Xliveless-it bypasses Windows Live, which allows the game to recognize other save files.-This is how SnP's and the IV Chain Game was done...Just a friendly heads up. smile.gif

I think the latest patch allows you to save to the hard drive (at least it did for me with xliveless).