GTA V better have difficultly options

fridaynightscream

fridaynightscream

I'm nowhere near a good player at video games, but I still have fun with them. None (at least I think) of the GTA games have difficulty options, because of that I haven't beaten any of the GTA games. I really hope GTA V has a Easy, Meduim, Hard options so I can go to Easy and finally be able to 100% one of the GTA games.

No, not at all in my opinion. I hate when people have an unfair advantage over me. I want everyone to have to go through the same things.

Yeah, I think that that would be a nice feature for V. I don't really think it's needed though, considering IV was not to easy, and not to hard. But if we did get difficulty toggle's, I'd probably play through "Easy" first.. lol.gif

And for the poll, that's not considerably need, but all is fine.

Most of the newer GTAs have had adaptive difficulty, meaning the more you fail a mission, the easier it gets. V will be the same way.

rofl at the poll count for no.

Its not GTA with difficulty settings.

Want an easy gta? go play simpsons hit n run! lol.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

One of the blunders of IV was Phil Bell running into the shipyard Mousegun blazing, he put IV on hard mode all by himself.

I always liked the GTA2 mission difficulty setup, I would like to see Rockstar move to remake GTA2, that would be quality.

zeppelincheetah

no, GTA is fine the way it is - just about perfect. some missions (particularly those in the first half of a game) are ridiculously easy whereas some every once in a while can be really tough. I wouldn't want there to be an easy mode because if i got frustrated with a hard mission i would be tempted to just use the easy mode to beat it.

TC if you're having trouble with GTA - try playing more stealthily. Sometimes if i'm having a problem with a mission I realize i'm just running out in combat not paying attention to where i'm being shot from. The showdown at the theme park in TBOGT is one of those - it took me a really long time to finally beat it 'cause i was tempted to just run and gun but to survive I had to find cover and take out each target one by one.

NotoriousKiller

It needs to be harder than GTA IV. GTA IV became too casual. We need the hard races and fierce gun battles from the GTA III era to come back.

No I don't like that. The missions get more difficult as you progress. It works and it makes the world feel more natural in a way.

No thanks. I like the well tested method of the game geting harder as it goes. Heck GTA has a pretty good learning curve as it is IMO.

Finn 7 five 11
No thanks. I like the well tested method of the game geting harder as it goes. Heck GTA has a pretty good learning curve as it is IMO.

Difficulty options are a no for me.

I do kind of like the adaptive difficulty, but an actual setting always leaves me thinking "should i have chosen this setting"?

No, this isn't an arcade game. If you feel the game is too hard, use cheats. If you're finding too hard? I don't know...shoot yourself in the foot a few times. tounge.gif

zeppelincheetah

It needs to be harder than GTA IV. GTA IV became too casual. We need the hard races and fierce gun battles from the GTA III era to come back.

I agree. ALL racing in the game was WAY too easy. I can probably stop my car during a race, walk around casually admiring the scenery for a lil bit, get back in the car and still win the race easily. IV's difficulty was pitiful!!!

no way in hell would they put different difficulties in GTA. it just won't happen. that's not even my opinion, it's fact lol

Difficulty levels in recent GTA installments are redundant, because there are now more ways than ever to complete a mission. If you struggle one way, you can bet your sweet ass and half a titty that Roman will chirp up with an alternative or a hint.

John The Grudge

I don't really think difficulty options would suit a game such as GTA. What woult it impact, enemy A.I or the main characters ability to withstand punishment? Adjusting those things might impact the game's immersiveness. I think that GTA IV gave you all the tols needed to progress through it without too much difficulty. If you call Jacob before a mission and tool up, then that makes life much easier. Use cover lots too.

Maybe not easy and medium and hard settings, but maybe for things like fuel and taking health damage in crashes like people are suggesting. Also traffic laws. Why do I want these optional? Because I like driving destruction derby style. Destruction Derby games give me points for crashing into the opposition, so needless to say I love the series. While I do not expect points for crashing into other vehicles, what I do enjoy is knocking out AI drivers, flipping cars over with a good side hit, hitting them head on and on the side and in the back, and pissing the drivers off or killing them, depending on impact strength. Fuel would keep me from doing this non stop, traffic laws would be even more interruptive what with me having to pay every fine, and heath damage in crashes would have me losing my car and my location every 5 crashes, which would be extremely frustrating for me who loves crashing. Tell me why I should be forced to give up my love of crashing. So someone else can sit in traffic and force me to do the same by having it non-optional? Yeah, no thanks.

AJacobsen1806

If so, you would have to get less money per mission the easier difficulty you have set.

Maybe something like in Forza Motorsport 3

I really cant see this happening, and i wouldn't even want it to. Difficulty settings should be left to RPG and FPS games and anything sport related.

I cant see a sandbox working out to well with difficulty settings...

SIG-2.jpg

This.

IV SP was a ridiculously easy game. Almost annoyingly easy from mission one to final mission.

III was a great game cause it was tough to beat.

In VC and SA they started to dumb down the missions although SA they kept some tough side missions.

But IV, omg, it was shameful.

BOGT was way better, much more challenging.

I hope they make a tough game.

If not then difficulty options could be a good idea.

Yea the AI should be increased because when you died in IV the cops would just shoot at you continously thats dumb. Standoffs would make the game much better I hope they update the AI.

i could go for difficulty levels only if playing on a harder level will reward players with something special...perhaps a couple of kick ass weapons become available in hard mode or completing missions pays more allowing you to buy certain things not available on easy mode. this would give the game even more replay value.

I hate games that have difficulty levels because I can never decide which one to use when I first play the game. I normally pick normal to start but then I have to complete it again on hard.

Keep it the same as other GTAs. There's plenty of guides on how to complete the missions anyway.

Tracksuit Hitman

GTA IV was too easy, I thought. I did it all on the first time without dying. I mean, it wasn't really a challenge. No, I don't agree that difficulty levels should be added. That's not the GTA way! But, I do think the difficulty should be kicked up a little higher... IV was hardly a challenge.

aka geobst

Officer Tenpenny is a bad man

Yeah i think it should have difficulty settings cos on IV the only to make it harder was to turn auto aim off and on your 7th play through even that was easy.