GTA V Graphics

kyeenn

thebestgameever

Personally i liked the look of gta iv.

If they could improve the grass, GET RID OF THE ORANGE TINT, add more colour and make it more similar to that of ENB graphic mods it would be cool.

Cars should look the same since they already look very good. Same with the damage. I would like a more realistic lighting and shadows though.

I am being realistic though, i doubt we will see a massive jump in graphics.

From what I know, it takes one mean piece of hardware to run ICEhancer. In other words, a current gen console wouldn't be able to touch that, especially not with a sand box game. I really hope people don't have their hopes this high, and if so, I suggest doing a little research into hardware limitations.

I think the graphics will be the same as IV has, only updated.

IV < Read Dead Redemption < Max Payne 3 = V

I'm excpecting about RDR graphics, maybe a bit better. But I'm 100% ok with that RDR looked amazing IMO.

You think they wouldn't upgrade the graphics in a gap of 4 years without GTA?

Considering GTA4 barely ran smoothly on consoles, what exactley are you expecting ?

Sure they will be better at optimising the consoles now, and will be able to get it looking a little better, but that's all.

But really, its GTA, graphics is the least important department by a long shot. I wouldn't care if it looked worse than GTA4.

Considering GTA4 barely ran smoothly on consoles, what exactley are you expecting ?

Sure they will be better at optimising the consoles now, and will be able to get it looking a little better, but that's all.

But really, its GTA, graphics is the least important department by a long shot. I wouldn't care if it looked worse than GTA4.

It can't look worse then IV, it can only look the same as IV or better then IV.

Obviously biggrin.gif I was just emphasising the fact that i really don't care to much how it looks.

IV pushed the consoles to the limit so I guess it cant be that much better maybe like 5-8% better than IV.

Obviously biggrin.gif I was just emphasising the fact that i really don't care to much how it looks.

I know what u mean alien.gif

Graphics have improved a lot since the PS3 and 360's inception. I would expect something similar to RDR, only improved and refined.

The IV graphics were fine. I just hope they improve the vehicle handling and make the protagonist move around faster instead of taking his time!

I've got a feeling it won't look wildly different to IV, maybe a bit more like Noire or RDR.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

Effy in Chains

Like GTA:IV with some slight improvements, plus brighter colours & more sunshine.

Zs936OL.gif

Something with the clean, suave textures of LA Noire, with the level of impact RDR had with its sun/lighting system.

WE NEED SOMETHING LIKE "YOOOOOO THIS IS ILL BE" OR IMA BE LIKE UPSET AND sh*t

AndrefromEstonia

It's absolutelly possible to make this game look like real life...it just takes a team of very sophisticated men to create a new graphics engine and realistic textures and lighting and other. If you look at some games nowadays, FPSs and stuff like that, like Crysis for example or Far Cry, they have quite big maps but very good graphics. They run good on lower PCs too. Its all about optimization. GTAIVs graphics aren't that good, the details in some places still are quite rude and have angles. Textures are awful in some places... BUt overall you don't even notice them. Icehancer doesn't need an uber PC, i got it working with 20 FPS on my dual core 2,2 ghz laptop wink.gif. All i hope for, is that there could be a change i could play GTAV on my current laptop. Then again i was planning on buying a new PC anyway...

user posted image

I'm not too bothered about graphics but red dead look amazing so anything around that standard I will be happy, i enjoyed gta IV and didn't really notice it not performing well, but I suspect they wil be improved now as they have probably learnt how to use the system to its maximum potential by now.

IV pushed the consoles to the limit so I guess it cant be that much better maybe like 5-8% better than IV.

IV did not push any console to the limit, It had decent graphics at best however they -

A.built the game wrong.

B.built the engine wrong.

IV's alot heavier than it was suppoused to be.

Atleast that's what I understood.

Whatever May Payne 3 looks like, using Rage 2.0, I'm guessing it'll be similar to that as it'll probably use the same engine.

IV did not push any console to the limit, It had decent graphics at best however they -

A.built the game wrong.

IV's alot heavier than it was suppoused to be.

there's nothing wrong with the engine.. they use the same engine for RDR, MP3 and LANoire.. and those games are working pretty well.. gta iv is a bit unoptimized because it was their first time to use RAGE(Rockstar Advanced Game Engine) at its fullest.. so we can't blame rockstar for that.. well now atleast they learned their lesson from gta iv..

I think through making RDR and LA Noire (and now Max Payne 3), developers gained much of experience in optimalizing and graphic enhancing. In my honest opinion GTA V's graphic will be even better than any game from Rockstar Games.

5 Protagonists Prove/Theory

"Guns don't kill people, death kills people! Ask a doctor, it's a medical fact, you can't die from a bullet." - Gun Advocate from Chatterbox FM.

A.built the game wrong.

IV's alot heavier than it was supposed to be.

This is my understanding too. I understand that it's performance on console was borderline, but just about acceptable. When it was ported to PC, the problems were exposed when it was unable to scale well on the more powerful hardware.

To me this pointed to there being something fundamentally wrong with RAGE. Something that couldn't easily be modified and patched for GTA:IV. I imagine this meant they had to go back to the drawing board in order to properly address the underlying problem. And it's in their interest to do so, because when the next generation of consoles come along, they will undoubtedly be more powerful. But the nature of the power increase is likely to be realised by the adding more processing units (i.e. cpu cores) as well as more capable graphics subsystems. They need to have RAGE capable of scaling at some point or other.

Now I do know that GTA:V is likely to be released on the current gen consoles, but these kind of changes may also help free up processing cycles so that more can be done with the graphics and AI within the limitations of the current gen console hardware. We can only hope that when GTA:V finds it's way onto PC that it is then able to scale properly, use DirectX 11 or better and even able to incorporate some of the eye candy that we see in mods like ICEnhancer.

At this stage, we can only hope.