Unlock the editing textures of a modded car

TYGCA

I wonder how to unlock the editing of the textures of a modded car because I wanted to editing the license plates but the problem is that I can't editing the texures when the modder have locked it. I don't even know if we could unlock this.

Thanks in advance.

Authors lock their models for a reason, so people can't alter them and claim them as their own.

Get used to it and if you don't like it then touch luck.

Either take it up with the author or make the models/textures yourself.

Not trying to sound harsh or anything, just giving you the facts as they are.

@XTREME0235 I already know that, I'll trying take it up with the author but I don't really think they'll answer positively even if I only use this 'texture editing' for myself.

@direstraits I use SparkIV too. Anyway, when I wanted to 'adding' my texture, i've got a sort of error message that informs me that I can't adding texture to replace the one that the author made.

When you get the error message, is it after you are able to view the textures?

Because if it is all you have to do is import the texture or textures to wherever you want and everytime it comes up with the error message just hit continue, then tell Spark IV to save it. Then go back in and your textures will be there.

It is the case, I can view the textures, export it, whatever but I always thought if I import my texture and hit continue, the game will crash or anything. Is it proper ? I mean, it'll not affect the game, right ?

I'll try soon, thanks ! smile.gif

Nope, it won't cause the game to crash, replacing textures won't do that.

I always change the textures for car's license plates using Spark IV and I've never had a problem with the game afterwards.