Google search 'San Andreas' results in #GTAV

SaintJimmy

Someone was posting on Facebook about how if you go to the official Vice City site it redirects you to the #GTAV page, but I then soon thought that it was with any page off Rockstar's site.

Now I'm not one to really give a sh*t in regard to speculation, but I then proceeded to just google San Andreas in order to get it's website to see if my theory was true, and the second result it returns is #GTAV with the rockstar games homepage.

This does not happen when googling Vice City, Liberty City, Vice City Stories or any of them.

Potential clue?

See for yourself.

Los Santos Pedestrian

Then it's San Andreas or Vice City. As Simple as that. They're recycling cities.

It's probably San Andreas. Vice City's page only redirects to GTA 5, like ANY other page in R*'s website right now. San Andreas, when googled, shows GTA 5 as the 2nd option. With all of Kotaku's rumors about the game being in SA, I think we know where the next GTA will be taking place. I really wanted 5 cities, but that seems highly unlikely right now.

It's probably San Andreas. Vice City's page only redirects to GTA 5, like ANY other page in R*'s website right now. San Andreas, when googled, shows GTA 5 as the 2nd option. With all of Kotaku's rumors about the game being in SA, I think we know where the next GTA will be taking place. I really wanted 5 cities, but that seems highly unlikely right now.

Oh god how I wish your sig was true! inlove.gif

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

Then it's San Andreas or Vice City. As Simple as that. They're recycling cities.

"Recycling cities"???

Uuum, no. Did they "recycle" Liberty City? No sir. And I can guarantee they won't recycle Vice or San An. ...Maybe the names, but not the cities.

Interesting find Jimmy. I really do hope it's San Andreas, but perhaps it's a clue that it is a city from San Andreas, like Los Santos or Las Venturas. I really hope it's the whole San Andreas though!

It's been 20 years since we've been to San Andreas [story took place in 1992-93] so I could only hope that we're going back.

Well, considering the State of San Andreas probably won't be re-used in its GTA III era form, it's possible that there might be more than 3 cities. Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas are pretty much confirmed if San Andreas were to be a state. We might see a parody of San Diego in the game (with the border to Mexico possibly closed, maybe Tijuana will be in the game. If we are able to travel to 2 countries, I swear I'll sh*t in my pants) and Sacramento might be parodied. We might also see a few small mainly-suburban towns in between. But here's what I think:

Los Santos - Los Angeles County, some parts of Orange County and the San Fernando Valley

San Fierro - San Francisco and probably the rest of the San Francisco Bay Area (Oakland, San Jose, Marin County etc)

Las Venturas - Las Vegas and possibly the rest of Clark County

San Diego

Sacramento

Probably not, but we might see Tijuana.

Just got done with SA again for fun (1920x1080!), would love if the new game used the surrounding countryside/desert as well. Cruising in those open areas with the tunes on was one of my favorite parts of the game, off road or on. smile.gif

Someone was posting on Facebook about how if you go to the official Vice City site it redirects you to the #GTAV page, but I then soon thought that it was with any page off Rockstar's site.

Now I'm not one to really give a sh*t in regard to speculation, but I then proceeded to just google San Andreas in order to get it's website to see if my theory was true, and the second result it returns is #GTAV with the rockstar games homepage.

This does not happen when googling Vice City, Liberty City, Vice City Stories or any of them.

Potential clue?

See for yourself.

Of course it will, it's because everyone who has used the hashtag gtav or most of the news sites are all currently discussing if the game could be set in SA.

http://rockstargames.com/vicecity

This page works aswell as San Andreas page. I hope the new location to be VC! Yea, you'll say that the V logo don't fits with VC. But if they don't us to know the location until the trailer?

It's been 20 years since we've been to San Andreas [story took place in 1992-93] so I could only hope that we're going back.

And 25 years since we've been in Vice City!

If GTA V is heavily spoken about alongside San Andreas on the internet then GTA V is bound to show up in the results... it's not like they set 'San Andreas' in the meta data for the website. This means nothing tounge.gif

Well, so far, people are getting used to the idea it will be Cali / West Coast. LA again, with Vegas in there somewhere, I hope as expected earliest, Vinewood and more parody and satire of Hollywood as in VC

wouldnt it be epic if it was san andreas but we could travel to vice city via plane, kinda how san andreas went to liberty city in one of the missions.

wouldnt it be epic if it was san andreas but we could travel to vice city via plane, kinda how san andreas went to liberty city in one of the missions.

YES! Would be amazing. The game we'll have VC + SA atmosphere. Is not that hard to add the VC map to the game because it's little.

Its been 30 since weve been to Vice!

Adam_fozz

Effy in Chains

Yeah that would be awesome, but in that case i think they'd do San Andreas as the main game, with Vice City as a huge DLC pack comparable to the Shivering Isles DLC for Oblivion.

Zs936OL.gif

it's not working here in uk, on my pc

probably worked yesterday because of the TT on twitter san andreas and GTAV

Potential clue?

See for yourself.

Of course it will, it's because everyone who has used the hashtag gtav or most of the news sites are all currently discussing if the game could be set in SA.

He's right, that's the way search engines work. They record similar searches the same people run and which links they click on, and then incorporate this in to future search results.

BMW got into a lot of trouble with Google a while back for trying to manipulate this proccess for their own ends (i.e. getting BMW to come up even when people weren't searching for them).

Potential clue?

See for yourself.

well excuse me

"Recycling cities"???

Uuum, no. Did they "recycle" Liberty City? No sir. And I can guarantee they won't recycle Vice or San An. ...Maybe the names, but not the cities.

Liberty City was recycled from GTA:III

Albeit, vastly updated. Which is what we would expect from GTA V

"Recycling cities"???

Liberty City was recycled from GTA:III

Albeit, vastly updated. Which is what we would expect from GTA V

No. Nothing was "recycled" but the name.

Did they recycle any of the art assets, audio, etc...? They didn't recycle a damn thing, and they sure as hell aren't about to start.

/rant.