Is GTA V going to be more anticipated than GTA IV?

Desert Diner

Hey guys, I'm new.

Just now, something popped into my head. I'm unsure as to whether I'm more excited for GTA V than I was for GTA IV. When I first saw the initial trailer for IV, I was ecstatic. I like to think I'm a huge fan, so when GTA V was announced only mere hours ago, I'm unsure as to why I haven't creamed my pants yet. Don't get me wrong, I cannot wait, and the second I see the first trailer I will probably have to masturbate straight after.

Something's worrying me though (apart from the masturbation via video-game), if the whole rumors were true about the so-called characters being somewhat known already See here, then this sounds very stupid indeed. GTA IV had more realistic characters in my opinion, some stupid, but not stupid on the level of 'Welsh monk / cult leader / yoga teacher - 50, very lithe, very into exploring your personal tension through gripping massage. Needs Welsh accent.' sort-of way.

I'm not afraid Rockstar won't pull it off, but the characters as well as the fact I believe consoles somewhat hold games back (Battlefield 3 anyone?) I believe that GTA V won't be as amazing as we think it's going to look/be overall. Hopefully I'm wrong, undoubtedly I'll love it but I am a little skeptical.

Apologies for the depressing first-post, but that's my two cents. What are your opinions?

You may well be growing up. It happens to us all. I am anticipating this one more than IV because I didn't care for IV's return to the metropolis of NY, or the serious depressing story and protagonist, so I am hoping that it will be very different to IV, and it will probably dictate how soon after release date that I will buy future titles.

You may well be growing up. It happens to us all. I am anticipating this one more than IV because I didn't care for IV's return to the metropolis of NY, or the serious depressing story and protagonist, so I am hoping that it will be very different to IV, and it will probably dictate how soon after release date that I will buy future titles.

Same, This title will definilty make me think if this generations GTA titles will be good as the last one's.

i feel the same way. I was ecstatic when i heard GTAV announced but nowhere near as excited when GTA4 was. GTA4 took place in a model of NYC, and i'm from long island so thats why i was ecstatic and overhyped about GTA4. I was disappointed with 4 but still enjoyed it and is one of my favorite games. I guess next week when the trailer is out will determine whether or not i will be hyped. I was in 9th grade when GTA4 came out, now im in college lol, times have changed.

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

In my opinion, this game will be even better than GTA IV. I'm not simply dismissing what you say and you do make some very valid points, however I want to have a positive attitude to the next game. I am not going to think of it in a negative light at all.

I really want to see how far they've progressed in using technology to improve the graphics, animations, etc. Hopefully, we'll get to see a little bit of that in the trailer. Is it too much to hope for a high-poly stripper model!? biggrin.gif

i really cant wait just because its not in new york i want country side or something to do some crazy off roadin

thebestgameever

Quite a lot of peopel assume R* are gonna go back to their roots and make a game like SA/VC.

If the trailer shows that to be true THEN IT most likely will be more anticipated and be more successful. I doubt people want another gta iv style game.

Rockstar20124

You haven't creamed your pants yet because it's only a logo. With the official announcement of GTA IV from Microsoft with that guy Peter Moore with the fake GTA IV tattoo I didn't get exited either. At this moment I actually haven't jizzed my pants as well. I am excited but obviously I like everbody else here still have no clue or at least official confirmation about the protagonist and location(s) either. This will change next week with the trailer which obviously will finally give us some answers biggrin.gif

Gta iv was a revolution in gaming industry, gta v will not go that far! I can see the trailer right now... something similar to the episodes from liberty city/max payne 3 trailers. Same graphics a bit enhanced maybe looking good like their latest games. 100% with the facial animation from la noire. But it wont be that huge difference between san andreas and iv. So no i don't think it will be that anticipated as gta iv.

IV definitely. I'm really excited for this game but I know the limitations of this generations consoles now, so it's hard to be as excited as I was for IV for this one.

Gray Fox: I'm like you, I have no name.

I hope that this time, they use more television time before release. As aposed to what they did with the last one. They waited till the game made a few million. by then a lot of people had it. and we know how hipstes buy sdtuff up front and then when you finally hear about it " yeah I had it, liked it but it sucked".