Your desired first mission for V

Deffpony

What if this time you started out rich.

The first mission threw you into an epic battle ie: helicopter pursuit, high speed boat chase, bank robbery or something to that affect.

They could throw you into an all ready evolving story Quintin Tarintino style. Your not sure what is going on but there is enough info to leave you intrigued.

Then for some storyline based reason you lose it all and have to gain your position of power back possibly motivated by revenge.

It would be a good change of pace IMO. Think about the first missions of all the GTAs

III: Breaking out 8 ball

VC: A Vespa Ride

SA: A bike ride

IV: Driving Roman back from the dock

Dont get me wrong I think its awesome how the past GTA's throw you in the city and kind let you marvel at the exciting new atmosphere. But with the exception of III the intro missions arent very exhilerating.

I think a mission that throws you in the middle of a heated conflict will not only be more exciting but also be a great introduction to the new city and over all feel of the game.

Share your ideas. Sry if a duplicate post.

::my depictions of the first missions of past gtas might be off but its just from memory:::

ShnePmW.jpg?5

I want the next GTA start in the middle of the action. Imagine the protagonist being beaten up by some thugs/dealers/enemy gang. R* could show that the protagonist is badass from the start on by making him beating everyone up in the first mission.

Or a similar scenario.

I honestly don't even know what I want. But what I expect is some sort of simple mission which isn't even a tutorial, but just something to set the scene and give you a snippet of the style of the city and the characters.

I'd like the game to start with repeating missions like the gang/drug wars from EFLC. I like how they portrayed the comradeship between the characters.

I want the next GTA start in the middle of the action. Imagine the protagonist being beaten up by some thugs/dealers/enemy gang. R* could show that the protagonist is badass from the start on by making him beating everyone up in the first mission.

Or a similar scenario.

I like that idea too. I think there needs to be questions at the beginning. Because I know every GTA I have ever played, after the first mission I dont mess with the story for at least 2 hours. I spend most my time exploring the city first. Maybe if they hook you in with serious questions on the first mission you will be more compelled to follow the story sooner and let the city unfold through out the scripted storyline

ShnePmW.jpg?5

A similar one to Mafia 2 where you start out in the Army (Which sort of serves as a tutorial for combat) and get put into the fight right from the start. Then you get discharged and do some work for some small time gangs for money and then work your way up and eventually become a king pin.

@Staten

I think the good thing about the SA intro mission was the comradery you felt with the guys. Just lacked excitement.

@GTA_stu

I think thats what i liked about the VC intro. It wasnt really even a mission. Just an intro to the feel of 1980's Miami-like atmosphere

ShnePmW.jpg?5

I personally prefer a plot that starts slowly and bit by bit, connecting pieces together forms a bigger picture that then becomes the main plot - rags to riches or not. That being said, I love a first mission that doesn't really seem that significant but starts or at least is a major part in a whirl of events that forms a huge and a beautiful plot.

A tiny detail I'd love is something, just a small detail or maybe something bigger, that's gonna turn out to be a key thing or detail in the game later on, gives you chills when you realize it and everything - kinda like the spot where the last I Know You takes place in RDR.

8wjrzl.png

I prefer GTA's slow start to, say, that of Saint's Row 2. "Big time" missions for an introduction always feel scripted.

I'd like to see another intro mission like IV's.

>Okay, so the camera moves slowly across the streets with the credits and stuff right?

>So now you here grunts of pain and people hitting eachother right?

>Then you get a shot of these guys beating up a redheaded british girl around 20-25.

>Then she grabs a gun that one of the guys had in their pocket and aims it at them.

>Then she slowly walks away and then when they're out of sight she throws the gun on the floor and runs away.

>Then you see these guys in the background coming after her

>Then you begin to play, you have to run away from these guys.

>It should be quite easy, once you did that you're trying to catch your breath.

>Then you look up and you look at the sea.

>"How'd i get in this mess..."

>The camera goes up and the text "Grand Theft Auto V" appears.

>Okay, so the camera moves slowly across the streets with the credits and stuff right?

>Then you get a shot of these guys beating up a redheaded british girl around 20-25.

Ginger protag? Well we've had an african american, an eastern european, and of course gay characters. Times are changing, and with all these liberal new ideas I don't see why we can't break new barriers. But I do wonder whether it might just be a bit too soon for people.

Ginger protag? Well we've had an african american, an eastern european, and of course gay characters. Times are changing, and with all these liberal new ideas I don't see why we can't break new barriers. But I do wonder whether it might just be a bit too soon for people.

>It's cool, everyone hates male gingers, but female gingers are better than every other kind of female.

thebestgameever

The first mission i think will involve a massive shoot-out that you accidently get involved in and you have to drive some guy who is shot to safety, not knowing he is the most powerful mafia/gangster in the whole city and he gives you a job, which you need as your a poor person.

like typical GTA games, one thing leads to another and you need to get revenge.

The first mission i think will involve a massive shoot-out that you accidently get involved in and you have to drive some guy who is shot to safety, not knowing he is the most powerful mafia/gangster in the whole city and he gives you a job, which you need as your a poor person.

like typical GTA games, one thing leads to another and you need to get revenge.

Mafia huh?

That game had one of the best starts... inlove.gif

8wjrzl.png

Something small like IV driving somewhere and seeing the sights, im thinking of the graphics atm lol sigh.gif

I just feel the intro mission needs to be more storyline captivating. We all know the city is going to be awesome but I want the story to matter to me.

IV was great but the story didnt resonate with me

ShnePmW.jpg?5

NotoriousKiller

The protag is younger, maybe and his family are all shot in a driveby and he watches it with his own eyes.

Or he's in some gang's turf and the rivals come and start beating him up and stuff.

Or he gets completely robbed and the only true color he can fly now is green, money. (Not Grove Street but maybe? smile.gif )

I think the mission will be drive here and drive there, here is your safe house, you can save your game here, park cars here yada yada.

The only games I can make an exeption on is TLAD, and VCS but it's first mission was kinda like two missions. Action occures in the opining cut scenes but not realy in game play in most of the games. The only exeptions of the pattern are TLAD and VCS.

I'd be okay with the GTA-IV style drive "X" old friend to "X" place, mission. It's the first mission no need for guns and Helicopters, maybe a minor chase like SA or a cut scene of a botched business deal and then driveling away in the aftermath.

Nothing to big you know, maybe some small action but nothing big, a taste of things to come you know.