vehicles.img

GrandMaztahAce

GrandMaztahAce

is there something like an optimal or maximum size the vehicles.img should have?

the default vehicles.img has, as we know, about 83mb. mine just hit 288mb (~60% of the cars replaced) today after installing another two cars. i am quite certain of the correlation that the bigger the file is the more unstable the game runs and thus the more prone it is to texture-errors/crashes/lockups

so how big are your vehicles.img files? (if you have custom cars installed)

Edited by GrandMaztahAce

Modding question/problem? Post in one of these forums

Although I have to admit, I noticed a framerate drop and more texture pop-in now my vehicles.img is 295 MB wink.gif

GrandMaztahAce

ohh damn sorry, my bad confused.gif can anyone move it to the gta4 vehicle modding subforum?

• 3 months later...

Hmm. Maybe proper weight is about 170-250mb. Bigger file can cause crashes. Do not replace all cars.

I got a car pack (195 mb - 50 cars) at gta4-mods that works smoothly for me. I can play for more than 1 hour without texture problems. (Of course not using trainers - not spawning cars like a fool)

Don't know if it's allowed to share a link here confused.gif

PacketOverload_x64bit

My vehicles.img file is 164MB's and I get taxi's everywhere. It's dependant on system performance. Especially when you're running a high-end ENB variant which is both GPU and CPU intensive (can be depending on the set).

taxi bug is very well fixed with trafficload

Yeah, but it makes cars appear where they don't belong, and makes vehicles which should be in one place (like Helitours) disappear. Also it can cause ctd above a certain density of cars (and I've only replaced 3 cars, because those taxis and police looks fantastic, damn...). On the other hand it is still the best mod for the taxi bug problem.