Cars won't move

Alex_GT

I bought San Andreas a while ago through Steam, but never played it. I started playing yesterday, and after (a long time it must be said) of setting up the controls, I started playing and found out that when you enter a vehicle for a second time the controls get locked. The car will not move, even though the wheels turn when steering, and the engine note changes as though you are accelerating. I cannot get out of the car either, none of the controls do anything.

I cannot seem to pinpoint how this happens, and I'm really trying to explain this as well as I can.

After setting up the controls, I can enter a vehicle for the first time and drive with no problems. Sometimes the problem will occur if I get out, then back in. The controls will lock.

Sometimes it happens if a cut scene occurs whilst I am in the vehicle, if I skip the cut scene the controls are locked.

The escape button still works to return to the menu, but none of the assigned controls do anything.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

This is an Olde Game, many questions can be answered with the FORUM TOOL: SEARCH. Always SEARCH before making a ‘new’ topic.

'Setting Up the Controls' do you mean you are not using the Key Board and Mouse?

If you are using a controller (GamePad) other than a Generic USB model such as Seitek or Logitech you will have problems. Especiall if you are going on the cheap by trying to use a PS2 or XBox controller.

Xbox controller This Contains references to other topics

Gamepad PS2 controller

PS2 Controller for PC Version Guide

Gamepad PS3 controller

[PS3 controller] gamepad for SA v2

How to use PS3 controller to play GTA:SA?

Found out what it was. I have a joystick connected through a RockFire converter that I had forgotten to unplug, so I think it was f*cking around with the controls. I unplugged it and deleted all the controls so I was just left with keyboard and mouse, and it appears to have fixed it.

Yep, you can only have keyboard+mouse or a controller but not both connected at the same time. This is a common problem because most people forget to unplug the controller. Anyways, glad you got it working fine. Enjoy the game.