IV to VC

The-Prince

i just wan't to know, why you can't let people make a TC of IV in VC ?

there is nothing bad in that confused.gif

it's a chance to people who have low PC configuration to enjoy IV missions and so.

thanks for answering me icon14.gif

Cuz Rockstar will lose money, sue GTAF. Blahda yada da.

To be exact:

If people make mods like IV2SA, IV2VC, or any other Game from rockstar to an old rockstar game, then Rockstar will lose money because people will be buy old games, instead of new. Which wont give them enough money to make any other GTA/Game. Which then they will see the source of the mod will be GTAF, which they will sue GTAF. GTAF will shut down. 'Nuff said.

it's a chance to people who have low PC configuration to enjoy IV missions and so.

What? Who is going to remake all mission for VC? Are you crazy kid?

By the way, you are free to do what ever you want. Just don't post it here if it's against the rules.

Yl8KS.jpg

If people make mods like IV2SA, IV2VC, or any other Game from rockstar to an old rockstar game, then Rockstar will lose money because people will be buy old games, instead of new. Which wont give them enough money to make any other GTA/Game. Which then they will see the source of the mod will be GTAF, which they will sue GTAF. GTAF will shut down. 'Nuff said.

There's nothing wrong with that. GTA III, GTA VC & GTA SA are still sold at high rates, so Rockstar won't lose much if people will start buying older games instead of new ones.

Plus, these old games are also sold by Rockstar, so they will receive money from sales. And there are a lot more games other than GTAs, so they will never be in lack of money for a new game.

I see there's nothing wrong with it. But you'll need a crew.

No, any new GTA content from R* will decline in sales. They have to sale both the games.

Edited by Swoorup

No, any new GTA content from R* will decline in sales.

But the old content will increase in sales, and the balance restores.

In any case, Rockstar will gain much more than they will lose. rahkstar2.gif

There's nothing wrong with that. GTA III, GTA VC & GTA SA are still sold at high rates, so Rockstar won't lose much if people will start buying older games instead of new ones.

Plus, these old games are also sold by Rockstar, so they will receive money from sales. And there are a lot more games other than GTAs, so they will never be in lack of money for a new game.

Most people that will play that mod are people that already have the old games.

I can't see a big number of people buying old GTA's for a mod in wich they can play in IV LC. With no missions.

Think for a second.

Yl8KS.jpg

I can't see a big number of people buying old GTA's for a mod in wich they can play in IV LC. With no missions.

Think for a second.

But what if there will be missions? What if?

You seem to be missing out this 'What If?'

Dude, don't push it. It's specifically stated that it's against the rules here. And think about this.

If I was to convert the missions, map, characters and cars of GTA IV to GTA III, you would be able to play IV without buying it. The people who don't already have III will see the mod and think "Oh, instead of paying $60 for IV I can buy III for a few bucks from my friend/the nearest store." Rockstar loses lots of money, since that's a loss of at least $40 right there. And if R* can't cover its expenses, GTA V never comes out.

It's basic logic, and there's not much to debate. It's bad for R*, so it's bad for us.

pkmTc.gif

spaceeinstein

Realistically, R* wouldn't lose a lot of money over this. "Backwards conversion" means an inferior gaming experience. It's not like the GTA:LC mod in which the "forward conversion" actually improves the gaming experience. If this were allowed, I expect few people would download it, especially when stock computers that can run GTA IV are getting cheaper these days. In my opinion, backwards conversion should be allowed, but only after a certain amount time. Look at the backwards conversion of San Andreas into VC (GTA SOL). You lack proper traffic and the gameplay from SA. Even if someone backwards convert the whole map, you need a dedicated team to be able to simulate everything else in GTA IV within a reasonable amount of time.

In short, "backwards conversion" should be allowed, but by the time someone manages that, it's no longer useful to do so. R* won't lose sleep over that.

Edited by spaceeinstein

Suction Testicle Man

As has already been shown, the Rockstar-revenue argument is debatable (though I'm sure I've personally used it in the past as an easy excuse). In my eyes the primary reason to discourage them is to give more exposure to creative mods. Some inter-GTA conversion projects have certainly shown themselves to be worthy of bandwidth, but anyone can see that there are a vast number of these conversions that flow through and never get off the ground.

What we're discouraging is several topics for projects with identical (and not wildly imaginitative) goals pushing a much more promising (ie. original) project off the page. This is the same reason we banned NFS conversions in 2004 (ish? tounge.gif) - the same tired models will get pushed around whichever games are currently popular, ad infinitum. People don't learn how to develop original mods, and consequently forfeit the ability to generate fresh content. We enforced these rules to stop the community from being dumbed-down to the stage at which it becomes incapable of operating unless new NFS (or GTA) games are released. On top of that, "converters" were stereotyped as not being real modders during the 3/VC peak of modding, due entirely to a majority of them that held no respect for other modders or their work. Artists' hard work was taken, split up or rebuilt with little care or effort, and released without so much as a mention to the original author. When confronted the attitude was usually abusive and arrogant, so they became an obvious enemy. While this is generally consistent behaviour (even now), I appreciate that it's still a stereotype, which is why we're always willing to listen to any proposal (there are a few conversions on GTAGarage that have had a lot of work put into them).

As it happens, many members have been unhappy with our rules in the past, and have created their own "conversion-friendly" communities - none of which lasted very long - so I think we're doing something right. tounge.gif

If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.

Think for a second.

But what if there will be missions? What if?

You seem to be missing out this 'What If?'

What if? What if? Are you high? There is no "What if?". No one in his right mind would spend years of work to fully convert IV to VC.

Yl8KS.jpg

spaceeinstein
No one in his right mind would spend years of work to fully convert IV to VC.

catspider.gif The human prowess can be unimaginable. There's always a possibility.

Yeah, look at SOL. It's a f*cking masterpiece.

Multiplayer, new animations, millions of new possibilities! But the most best of all, its got III map, VC map, and SA map!

Yeah, look at SOL. It's a f*cking masterpiece.

Multiplayer, new animations, millions of new possibilities! But the most best of all, its got III map, VC map, and SA map!

No missions. My point still stands.

At least that mod is unique, it actually adds more than 1 city. Making it a cool experience.

Yl8KS.jpg

common let gta IV to vc start her lave us to make a topic and give people who dont have good pc configue play inside liberty city by the way am the who will start up to make gta IV to Vice city am working on it but i cant post the topik her why because of gtafourums rules

Dude, you don't need this forum to make the mod. Make it, post it somewhere else. And everyone is happy.
Yl8KS.jpg

Suction Testicle Man

Locked.

If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.