Hi

i started making a new VC map :

1- Clean VC with VC map cleaner

2- adding dff, txd

3- making IPL, IDE

but the game crashes at my first IPL confused.gif and i don't know why

please heeeelp. i uploaded the files Here

thanks

Upload the data folder and new added object dffs+txds+cols. smile.gif lol cant belive i didnt see that.

Edited by Frank.s

If you add a new model name in the IPL, you would have to make sure the IDE line of the model and col file exists else it would crash.

Also do note that Map cleaner does not remove col files. So just make sure there is no duplication of col. The existing col files can be deleted from the gta3.img file!

I haven't got vc installed atm so i cant be sure, but i'm guessing it crashes because the .col isn't being loaded becuase3 it's in the gta3.img

Don't put new added col files in the gta3.img because they should be in the same folder as the ipl+ide (like the other .col is) and also needs to be loaded using this:

As the vc map has been removed, you don't need to load the original occlu or paths or the cull either so they are commented out too

# Load IDEs first, then the models and after that the IPLs# everything is loaded on a per directory basis and in alphabetical order # to improve the speed of loading## Object types#IDE DATA\MAPS\njliberty\njliberty.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\generic.IDESPLASH loadsc2#collision dataCOLFILE 0 MODELS\COLL\GENERIC.COLCOLFILE 0 data\maps\njliberty\njliberty.col# have to load map.zon before any of the IPLsIPL DATA\MAP.ZONIPL DATA\NAVIG.ZONIPL DATA\INFO.ZON## Scene information#SPLASH loadsc3IPL DATA\MAPS\njliberty\njliberty.IPL#IPL DATA\MAPS\paths.ipl#IPL DATA\MAPS\cull.ipl#IPL DATA\occlu.iplSPLASH loadsc4

Edited by Frank.s

i'm guessing it crashes because the .col isn't being loaded becuase3 it's in the gta3.img

Don't put new added col files in the gta3.img because they should be in the same folder as the ipl+ide (like the other .col is) 

i know that, they are already in the same folder of IPL & IDE.

As the vc map has been removed, you don't need to load the original occlu or paths or the cull either so they are commented out too

so, i have to remove the IPLs occlu, paths & cull from "map" folder and from gta_vc.dat ?

so, i have to remove the IPLs occlu, paths & cull from "map" folder and from gta_vc.dat ?
Of course, how else would that be do-able? turn.gif

Did you try my gta_vc.dat i wrote in my previous post? That should fix it if you placed the files in the correct places.

Nope, i did delete them. See the # ? that stops the line from being read by gta. smile.gif

I've just installed VC so i'm gonna make a map cleaned copy and try your files. icon14.gif

Edit: I've found out the collision caused the crash, use steve-m's coleditor2 and click Optimize and it works in-game (tested). Also you need to use my gta_vc.dat too otherwise the col doesnt get read, also if you have added the col to your gta3.img, delete it.

Edited by Frank.s