PC Multiplayer - Still active?

ikt

Hello!

How is the PC multiplayer? Are there still lots of people? I played BoGT online and there weren't any people on, but it might also be having mods. Do the ranked games have many players?

I just bought a controller and now I want to play, but I can't find any games alien.gif

Player match on pc, still has ALOT of people.

Though, ranked match's are pretty dead!

A Controller's not the best choice if your going to be on ground, sticking to a helicopter + a controller would be the smart idea!

Since a standard keyboard & mouse combo, Much easier to aim / play with (atleast for gta 4 pc)

Player match on pc, still has ALOT of people.

Though, ranked match's are pretty dead!

A Controller's not the best choice if your going to be on ground, sticking to a helicopter + a controller would be the smart idea!

Since a standard keyboard & mouse combo, Much easier to aim / play with (atleast for gta 4 pc)

IV? I can't find any for IV, and for EFLC I only found trainer ones. Is the player matching regional?

IV

Player match - lots of people in every mode, usualy you can find Deatchmatch, Team Deathmatch, Team Mafiya Work, Cops n Crooks and sometimes Turf War with over 15 players

Ranked match - you can play co op modes (Hangmans NOOSE, Bomb da Base II, Deal Breaker) 24/7 without waiting too long for players, you can also play Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch if you wait few minutes for players but if you get 6 players in one match its succes, to play other modes (Mafiya Work for example) usualy you need a friend, more players joins if they see that someone is already in lobby with you, if you wait in lobby alone probably no one will join. Also important thing is that are you a known player, I am and I usualy dont have problems with getting players for ranked games.

TLaD

Player match - here you will always find at least 1-3 Free Modes and in hours that are more players playing you can usualy find some Races, Deathmatches and other TLaD modes

Ranked match - here you need a friends to play, there is no chance for getting random players

TBoGT

Player match - you will always find about 20 Free Modes, some with over 15 players and usualy you will find also 1 or 2 Deatchmatches, Team Deatchmatches or Races

Ranked match - you should have some friends to play in ranked but sometimes you can find random Deathmatch or Race with few players

Of course if you dont have mods, if you have you will be able to find only Player matches hosted by players using mods too. And dont use controller, auto aim is disallowed in 99% of matches, mouse and keyboard are much better

IV

Player match - lots of people in every mode, usualy you can find Deatchmatch, Team Deathmatch, Team Mafiya Work, Cops n Crooks and sometimes Turf War with over 15 players

Ranked match - you can play co op modes (Hangmans NOOSE, Bomb da Base II, Deal Breaker) 24/7 without waiting too long for players, you can also play Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch if you wait few minutes for players but if you get 6 players in one match its succes, to play other modes (Mafiya Work for example) usualy you need a friend, more players joins if they see that someone is already in lobby with you, if you wait in lobby alone probably no one will join. Also important thing is that are you a known player, I am and I usualy dont have problems with getting players for ranked games.

TLaD

Player match - here you will always find at least 1-3 Free Modes and in hours that are more players playing you can usualy find some Races, Deathmatches and other TLaD modes

Ranked match - here you need a friends to play, there is no chance for getting random players

TBoGT

Player match - you will always find about 20 Free Modes, some with over 15 players and usualy you will find also 1 or 2 Deatchmatches, Team Deatchmatches or Races

Ranked match - you should have some friends to play in ranked but sometimes you can find random Deathmatch or Race with few players

Of course if you dont have mods, if you have you will be able to find only Player matches hosted by players using mods too. And dont use controller, auto aim is disallowed in 99% of matches, mouse and keyboard are much better

Problem is I want to play IVs freemode to f*ck around with the Annihilators. BoGT is too overpowered and no fun.

Oh well. I'll see. Controller is superior for flying and driving anyway tounge.gif

IV

TLaD

TBoGT

Theres no way 99% of games have auto aim turned off. Auto aim on is the default selection so a large percentage (way more than 1%) use it.

Yeah, even without any trainers and a completely clean game I still end up in freemodes with people using trainers. This isn't fun anymore, on the 360 it was lots more fun, having good fights and clean Annihilator combats. Now I just dodged fire from another player and returned fire in an Annihilator and suddenly my vehicle is removed. Like, what the f*ck.

I agree ikt. The annihilators are overpowered, people cheat online and 99% of the games are NOT disallow. Hell, there are more disallow games on PS3 than PC. My brother and I got it because this way we can play together and it was a blast last night.

Oh yeah so we went into a team deathmatch yesterday. We both play with controllers so we decided we would kill them with the heli. My brother starts killing them, they start calling him a cheater. That's another thing about PC players, they are so quick to call you a cheater if you are good. I start trash talking to them... lol... and I get kicked. Then I realize you don't need more than half the room to kick you on PC. The host decides who is out or in. All in all, if you want to play competitively, play on consoles.

I agree ikt. The annihilators are overpowered, people cheat online and 99% of the games are NOT disallow. Hell, there are more disallow games on PS3 than PC. My brother and I got it because this way we can play together and it was a blast last night.

Oh yeah so we went into a team deathmatch yesterday. We both play with controllers so we decided we would kill them with the heli. My brother starts killing them, they start calling him a cheater. That's another thing about PC players, they are so quick to call you a cheater if you are good. I start trash talking to them... lol... and I get kicked. Then I realize you don't need more than half the room to kick you on PC. The host decides who is out or in. All in all, if you want to play competitively, play on consoles.

Yes thats true... but consoles have f*cked up aiming system. There is one way to play competitively on PC - play ranked matches, sadly you cant meet there many players and most of them are noobs that call you cheater becouse you are good and leave when they got killed so you finish as a only player remaining. 90% of games have disallowed auto aim except free modes where it is usualy allowed. If you want to have good games on PC you need to play longer time - meet some good players, you cant just buy GTA and have good games at the start. About kicking - you needed 51% of players voting on you to kick before patch 1.0.0.4 after it host can kick you and I think its good becouse we can kick cheaters before they cheat, kicking them by voting wouldnt be possible becouse usualy about 70% players on each server are noobs who dont know even how to kick or cant speak english.

You are allowed to use triners only if host has mods too, if host has no mods and you see someone using trainer that means hes a cheater and can cheat also in other game modes

Captain_Obvis456
What are trainers?

It's a kid who collects pokemon

Ahahahaha.

Actually that means someone cheating by spawning cars, ramps, flying in cars and other nonsense.

Pretty much what almost all free mode is on PC.

Oh and you cannot kill anyone.

They can kill you unless you are using a trainer too.

Pretty much makes free mode only for the cheaters unless you make friends with them.

There's a secret way to activate trainers but I'm not telling. smile.gif

Ranked only looks dead because once the match starts, it disappears from the server list.

Ranked only looks dead because once the match starts, it disappears from the server list.

Build your own trainer, easy.

As for the no ranked matches, I'll try. Most of the time I end up in my own room instead of joining people. I hate waiting biggrin.gif

Build your own trainer, easy.

I was referring to activating it in a regular free mode with others who do not have it.

Shyabang Shyabang

What are trainers?

It's a kid who collects pokemon

Ahahahaha.

Actually that means someone cheating by spawning cars, ramps, flying in cars and other nonsense.

Pretty much what almost all free mode is on PC.

Oh and you cannot kill anyone.

They can kill you unless you are using a trainer too.

Pretty much makes free mode only for the cheaters unless you make friends with them.

I see. Thanks.

I guess ZodaEX is meaning to say that the trainer users are noobs? biggrin.gif

GT KashMiester

Racing in player match on GTA 4 PC is still active and has a lot of regulars, you'll see me on there most evenings, very late UK time. Feel free to hunt me down and join in, if racing is your thing.

Racing in player match on GTA 4 PC is still active and has a lot of regulars, you'll see me on there most evenings, very late UK time. Feel free to hunt me down and join in, if racing is your thing.

Yeah thats true, I like reverse driving and crashing everybody in their servers biggrin.gif

GT KashMiester

The hosts including me try our best to kick out misbehaving players, racing online isnt bad, lot of clean racers just having fun without the need for trainers and idiots who crash etc

Complaining about people using trainers in free mode is a little ludicrous if you ask me. Why would you enter GTA IV free mode to have a deathmatch style battle competitively against other players? That is what DEATHMATCH is for. That is what BF3 and COD are for.

The vast majority of the players using trainers in free mode are doing so because it's required for the activities they like to do. This includes:

- Creating or going off user created stunt jumps

- Drifting with fellow drifters (using modified handling)

- Going on massive cop chases

- Role playing with other players

- Testing new mods like... the snow mod for instance

Keep an open mind next time you get owned by someone with God mode on. Did you attack them first? How do you know they wanted to fight? Maybe they just want to be left alone... hence the God mode?

Complaining about people using trainers in free mode is a little ludicrous if you ask me. Why would you enter GTA IV free mode to have a deathmatch style battle competitively against other players? That is what DEATHMATCH is for. That is what BF3 and COD are for.

The vast majority of the players using trainers in free mode are doing so because it's required for the activities they like to do. This includes:

Keep an open mind next time you get owned by someone with God mode on. Did you attack them first? How do you know they wanted to fight? Maybe they just want to be left alone... hence the God mode?

no. trainers suck. they should not be allowed, I kick every time I find someone.

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

GT KashMiester

no. trainers suck. they should not be allowed, I kick every time I find someone.

Yup me too, no need for trainers especially in race mode

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to know how you could drive with a modded handling file and have god mode on regular servers, so i can drift and play without getting killed all the time.

Shyabang Shyabang

I saw an invisible player some days ago. I think there was an invisible player because I saw a car move by itself and the door opened by itself - very strange.

This invisible player spawned cars on front of me several times too. I got in the third time a car spawned. The player stuck a sticky bomb to my car while I was driving away. I jumped out in time. I got the fourth spawned car and got away.

I saw an invisible player some days ago.

yes, i'm too, his name was ShmashingPuppets, he played also with godemode

and in other games i diconnected because of objectspawning

last 2 weeks was terrible, also socialclub was often not available

ShmashingPuppets

Thats one of most known cheaters in GTA IV, he usualy crash servers by spawning Tug boats, he also ruined some servers in Rockstar events. You can see his cheats in this video:

• 4 months later...

So you chose to ignore everything I said. Good job being closed-minded. Hope you're having fun playing GTA like it's a normal shooter/racer.

Meanwhile the rest of us are playing it like an actual sandbox game.

smile.gif