GTA IV and III radio stations...

adam_fozz

Hi all,

Has anybody ever managed to download entire radio stations from these games? I would love to get some of them as MP3s so that I could listen to them in the car.

Adam_Fozz

Even easier if you have the PC version of GTA3, the radio stations are stored as basic WAVE files.

For Vice City, they are stored in a container which is pretty much just holding an MP3 file.

San Andreas things get more compliacted due to the dynamic system and the same goes for GTA IV, so every song, DJ comments, Ient, etc, etc, are separate files that are strung together by the game, but GTA IV does have a few old style single stream stations like ElectroChoc, The Beat, The Classics, etc, which again, are (because of the way GTA IV Sound Engine works) two Mono Wave Files, that can be combined into a single Wave file.

Thanks, I will take a look at the games. I have PS2 versions so I guess I will need some special software to read the disk?

Adam_Fozz

Thanks, I will take a look at the games. I have PS2 versions so I guess I will need some special software to read the disk?

Adam_Fozz

Look for MFAudio 1.1, the radio stations for GTA3 and Vice City are stored as .VB Files, example:

CHAT.VB

GAME.VB

HEAD.VB

KJAH.VB

FEVER.VB

FLASH.VB

EMOTION.VB

etc

The Frequency range is 32000Hz and the Interleave Value is 2000, after that, press Play to make sure it sounds right, and then on the bottom half, choose Uncompressed WAVE, set the Frequency Range to 32000Hz and then click Process! and it will dump the Radio Station as a WAVE file onto your computer so you can convert it to another format from there.

For San Andreas, look for a program called "San Andreas Radio" again, due to San Andres using a Dynamic Engine, you'll get all tracks, comments, Idents, Phone Calls, Weather Reports, Commercials, etc, split up into separate categories for you to export.

For LCS and VCS, they use the same as GTA3 and VC.

For GTA IV, there is no converter for PS3 audio, an the Xbox 360 Audio Convert process is very tricky, but more awkward, best to use the PC version for that, better quaolity to.

Thanks,  I will take a look at the games.  I have PS2 versions so I guess I will need some special software to read the disk?

Adam_Fozz

Look for MFAudio 1.1, the radio stations for GTA3 and Vice City are stored as .VB Files, example:

CHAT.VB

GAME.VB

HEAD.VB

KJAH.VB

FEVER.VB

FLASH.VB

EMOTION.VB

etc

The Frequency range is 32000Hz and the Interleave Value is 2000, after that, press Play to make sure it sounds right, and then on the bottom half, choose Uncompressed WAVE, set the Frequency Range to 32000Hz and then click Process! and it will dump the Radio Station as a WAVE file onto your computer so you can convert it to another format from there.

For San Andreas, look for a program called "San Andreas Radio" again, due to San Andres using a Dynamic Engine, you'll get all tracks, comments, Idents, Phone Calls, Weather Reports, Commercials, etc, split up into separate categories for you to export.

For LCS and VCS, they use the same as GTA3 and VC.

For GTA IV, there is no converter for PS3 audio, an the Xbox 360 Audio Convert process is very tricky, but more awkward, best to use the PC version for that, better quaolity to.

Thanks alot for your help. Will see how I get on.

Adam_Fozz