Why is it so laggy?

alexcjw

So yeah, i get on Multiplayer and i get around 15-23FPS MAX. but on single player i get about 20-30fps max. My system meets the requirements pretty well... the minimum anyway...

minimum system requirements:

OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz

Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space

Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

My specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 220 2.8GHz

RAM: 3GB Memory: 640gb

Video Card: nVidia GeForce 9200 512mb

So yeah it just goes over the minimum requirements, i want to boost the performance without buying anything. Im not buying a new PC yet, because i only just got this one recently.

Im using:

Commandline.txt

Patch 1.0.0.4 (Patch 7 will not work for some reason)

Contig.exe

Game Booster 3

And still i get around 17fps on multiplayer. Can anyone tell me how to boost performance?

CPU and GPU are the 2 worse parts in your PC.

Get better CPU and GPU to run the game without troubles.

The 9200 is way far below the minimum requirement.

G1T

Minimum requirements for the graphics card is 7900GT, which is better than your 9200GT by a long way. The power of a graphics card is shown by the second number generally speaking, although there is a slight improvement by series ie 9 over 7. You need a 8800/9800GT or better.

YankeesPwnMets
So yeah, i get on Multiplayer and i get around 15-23FPS MAX. but on single player i get about 20-30fps max. My system meets the requirements pretty well... the minimum anyway...

Stop lying to yourself...

not much you can do to improve performance unless you get a better PC. If you can't maintain a certain FPS, you'll most likely get kicked from a lot of servers. I suggest you just stick to single player

not much you can do to improve performance unless you get a better PC. If you can't maintain a certain FPS, you'll most likely get kicked from a lot of servers. I suggest you just stick to single player

Obviousley a troll.

G1T

Not only is that an Integrated video card-meaning it is Shared vram, and NOT Dedicated vram, but it is a weak one(as according to this ste, that the 9200 is the same as the 8200 performance wise, which is below minimum for the game...with that being said, from experiance, those cards will only get 10-12fps max(if that)-with everything at the lowest setting...

Also, Athlon processors are lower power processors(more for offices and students) and not for gaming...that too is from experiance, as my XP Pro PC with a Core 2 Duo and an Intel Video card is better at gaming than my desktop with an Athlon and ATI Radeon card...

Since that is a laptop card, that would mean you are on a laptop, which means there is NO chance to upgrade, as Video cards are soldered into laptops..I know this is a laptop, as the site used to check that card is a laptop site(link above)?...Just a few friendly heads up.. tounge2.gif

Obviousley a troll.

user posted image

What he said is true, also I don't really believe that FPS, maybe OP can make a video?

Edited by PrometheusX
3lIXKDi.png

Obviousley a troll.

user posted image

What he said is true, also I don't really believe that FPS, maybe OP can make a video?

I can't record using anything other than FRAPS. my BlackBerry broke. but yes, i do get 20-30fps max. on benchmark the highest FPS i got was 24.

I can't record using anything other than FRAPS. my BlackBerry broke. but yes, i do get 20-30fps max. on benchmark the highest FPS i got was 24.

That's normally what people use to record PC games-Fraps(afterall, that is what Fraps is for tounge2.gif )...So, you will need video proof, or it is not believable that you get that high of fps...I have higher specs than you, and yet I only got 20-27 fps with no patches and get 30-40fps with Patch 4-This is on Low settings...

As I have shown in the link in my last post, your video card is equivalent to a 8200, which is compared to a 9100 performance wise, which only gets 10-12fps while NOT recording with Fraps...So, it is highly doubtful without a video that you get that high of a fps... confused.gif

My rig is by far better than yours and I get 15-25 frames on high wink.gif

(I know, useless information but still tounge2.gif)

YankeesPwnMets

Obviousley a troll.

You type like a high school dropout...

Anyways, don't run the benchmark. Go to Times Square, get a camera (with decent quality) and drive around and record what is happening. Perhaps you might get some decent FPS. Also, try to shut down your background programs and update your graphics drivers.

http://www.geforce.com/Drivers

As always, I don't guarantee any performance benefits even with these steps