Vista computer will not start

mr quick

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

Do you have a Repair disc or Windows disc or something?

Yes I do, but I don't want to go thru all that again... installing 300 updates, all drivers, all programs I need and sh*t tounge.gif

Put the disc on the tray, then reboot, enter the windows setup and choose repair, most of the times it actually gets repaired. icon14.gif

3lIXKDi.png

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

Do you have a Repair disc or Windows disc or something?

Yes I do, but I don't want to go thru all that again... installing 300 updates, all drivers, all programs I need and sh*t tounge.gif

As we brought up before, re-boot cycles can very much be attributed to memory failing, so check your memory sticks first, then proceed further. I use Vista and Dells without fail, so it's not an issue of the OS or OEM in particular

Before you screw up your software, Check the hardware, that's the first tact to take in my "humble opinion".

Not knocking repair of Windows, mind you, but first things first. Check the memory and any hardware issues that could be recently noted

Finn 7 five 11
Before you screw up your software, Check the hardware, that's the first tact to take in my "humble opinion".

Not knocking repair of Windows, mind you, but first things first. Check the memory and any hardware issues that could be recently noted

Yeah if your on a desktop try taking out a ram stick and see if it runs, if not try taking out the other (if applicable) and try different slots.

If you have a laptop, open the back panel and you should be able to easily swap ram around (not always possible on some laptops.)

Here is a guide to it, http://www.technibble.com/how-to-install-laptop-ram/

With the laptop make sure it is turned off, and for good measure unplug the battery, and with the Desktop have it turned off/unplugged at the wall, and for both remove static (debatable whether it damages or not, better safe than sorrya) by touching a metal part of the case before going any further.