Any way to "overclock" or "boost"?

Rainscape

GPU overclocks don't have a groundbreaking impact on game performance. Especially with lower end graphics cards.

There isn't very much you can do, the HD 6450 isn't meant for gaming.

Still, you can try downloading MSI Afterburner to overclock your GPU.

That did seem to work for another game (can't play gta because it won't start up) but soon after, the graphics card seems to freeze up and I have to hard restart...

That did seem to work for another game (can't play gta because it won't start up) but soon after, the graphics card seems to freeze up and I have to hard restart...

It's not that harmfull, I believe.

Before I upgraded, I overclocked my GT 220 with 125 MHz untill the GPU reached 105 C and IV crashed tounge2.gif

After a reboot, I believe, the default clocks will be restored and everything is fine wink.gif

If I'm right, the manual of Afterburner states that it doesn't take responsibility for any sort of damage.

Just so you know tounge2.gif

Something like an nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti , GTX 570 or GTX 580 (if you've got the money for it, a GTX 590 smile.gif)

GPU overclocks don't have a groundbreaking impact on game performance. Especially with lower end graphics cards.

I remember many years ago having a GeForce4 MMX. Old piece of sh*t. But overclocking the memory boosted my FPS quite a bit. Heh. Nowadays I have a 5770 but don't care too much about overclocking it, and it really doesn't that much before locking up anyways.

Ontopic: Honestly, this game is very CPU bound, overcloking the GPU won't give any advantage.

I remember many years ago having a GeForce4 MMX. Old piece of sh*t. But overclocking the memory boosted my FPS quite a bit. Heh. Nowadays I have a 5770 but don't care too much about overclocking it, and it really doesn't that much before locking up anyways.

Ontopic: Honestly, this game is very CPU bound, overcloking the GPU won't give any advantage.

It may be a very CPU heavy game, but overclocking your graphics card will definitely help if you are not being limited by your CPU. The 6450 is clearly the bottleneck here, so overclocking it will definitely help a little.

DU8afL0.jpg