Rockstar Announces GTA III for iOS and Android

Magic_Al

Sunrise Driver

South Staunton Island. And thnx nkjellman for reminding. They really can change it on iPhone.

what is GTA III 10th anniversary being released on

Read the first post, man.

About the sign: I doubt Rockstar will change anything there, so forget it.

They don't have to! This is their Ultimate Easter Egg in GTA:III, and changing it will be useless and wrong for those veteran players, who'd like to see it again.

Plus, LCS is a total different game, and that's why they changed the sign. Why they changed the sign when porting the game to PS2 has only one reasonable explanation: this was the 5th time this alley appeared, so they just left an easter egg for those who discovered it before - only these guys will know its true meaning.

And seriously, what's wrong with you? Why do you keep suggesting here what Rockstar needs to improve? The game is fine as it is, even though it's imperfect. If you don't like something about this game, then either get used to it or go play another game. The Rockstar team will decide what to do themselves.

Im not sugesting that they change anything. Im just wondering if they change anything what it may be. I love the game the way it is, but if they do change something it will be tiny, like the radar color that has been confermed to be changed. But I hope they add a full map to veiw from the pause screen.

But please chill the f*ck out. You seem to get mad everytime someone wonders if they may change something.

Edit: I cant tell from the video but I think they may of changed the trees. I cant realy tell but they looked alittle more 3d to me. Hard to tell because their far away but they looked alittle darker.

Here is a vid of someone capturing someone playing the game.

Edited by nkjellman

I'm not taking any of that shrink sh*t. Your wonders and suggestions are great, but understand that these, if implemented, will ruin the game, at least spoil it. Take your new suggestion of a map, for instance. The map was not designed for an in-game menu, and I guess it would take some time to implement that feature into the game. That's why I doubt this was real... Again.

You have to face the fact: almost all of your suggestions are not probable to happen.

Finn 7 five 11

You have to face the fact: almost all of your suggestions are not probable to happen.

A menu map would be a good idea, it doesn't actually change the game, it just lets you view it more easily, it would be like adding another camera angle.

One thing that I hope they do is they do this agein for Vice City next year, and maybe even San Andreas.

But I wonder how cheats will be enterd in. I hope they dont take them out and they add a spot for them in the menu where you type them in. If that's the case they will probaly be the same as the PC cheats. I remember using the Rino cheat and the flying cars cheat and turnng the cannon backwords. When you fire the tank goes faster and faster and you can fly as high as you want. It works in Vice City too.

Edited by nkjellman

Anyone else read the GTA III IGN features based on the games 10th anniversary , just went through their latest feature

GTA 3 in true full HD XBOX 360 is an eyegasm! BUT! I have to admin that the atmosphere is best in the ps2 version.

If you have the original ps2 dics, all you need to do is get the TIMECYC from it and copy it over to pc. Then it is fine.

And you'll be denying the fact that PC version's atmosphere is no less great than PS2's.

I could care less about the whole "atmosphere" i do like the feel of the ps2 version since that is the first version I played. it isn't a matter of denying anything. If you know how to do something, then do it.

I meant, why destroy the PC atmosphere by PS2 files? The PC version's atmosphere is no less great, you have to admit it.

Actually, upon release it was more or less the same, just Rockstar didn't future proof the game for small graphic effects, newer graphics cards and drivers, for some odd reason, don't display the game properly (same for Vice City) so small lighting effects such Corona Glows, the Deeper Contrast, Light Reflects, etc, were lost on the PC version.

Of course, Rockstar could bring them back, but that would mean patching the game, which is something they haven't done in years, and from the looks of the iPad version, those small effects are missing there to, so I doubt the current team working on it have noticed that tiny detail loss.

user posted image

Remember the memory of flying the Dodo and how it would stall before making it over shore? But it was great once you figured out how to keep it airborne. That was a great memory of GTA III.

But I wonder how cheats will be enterd in. I hope they dont take them out and they add a spot for them in the menu where you type them in. If that's the case they will probaly be the same as the PC cheats. I remember using the Rino cheat and the flying cars cheat and turnng the cannon backwords. When you fire the tank goes faster and faster and you can fly as high as you want. It works in Vice City too.

I think there will be a keyboard pop-up window, which you can use to enter cheats, just like in PC version.

What I wonder is, will the codes remain the same as in PC? Or maybe Rockstar team will create a new set of cheats for iPad versions?

I think there will be a keyboard pop-up window, which you can use to enter cheats, just like in PC version.

What I wonder is, will the codes remain the same as in PC? Or maybe Rockstar team will create a new set of cheats for iPad versions?

Yea thats what I think they will do. I think the cheats will stay the same.

There's another thing I'd like to see in the Touch versions: I hope they leave the ability to blow off limbs, like in PC and Xbox versions. That was an awesome fun.

Finn 7 five 11
Any chance for iPod Touch 4G support?

It doesn't say so in the article, so that would probably mean no, it said Ipad and Iphone 4s.

Turns out for me to get my Action Figure it will cost an extra $65 for shipping, $215 bucks is a fair bit.

Supported iOS devices have the A5 processor which includes dual-core CPU and dual-core GPU and has much faster graphics performance than the A4 in the iPad 1, iPhone 4, and 4th gen iPod touch:

The A5 contains a dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU[23] with ARM's advanced SIMD extension, marketed as NEON, and a dual core PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU. This GPU can push between 70 and 80 million polygons/second and has a pixel fill rate of 2 billion pixels/second. The SGX535 in the A4 could only push 35 million polygons/second and 500 million pixels/second, although in real world tests it struggled to pull off even 7 million flat shaded polygons.

If that's correct the A5 could be 10 times faster in graphics performance. If Rockstar wasn't satisfied with GTA III performance on the A4 that's a big gap to overcome.

Rockstar said they were going to announce it on more devices so I hope they announce it on the iPod tuch 4g.

If anyone's noticed, R* made a few "improvements", as u see. The water is now transparent and they added a seabed biggrin.gif

spaceeinstein

The anniversary video appears to be made from the PC version and is almost certainly not intended as an actual trailer for the iOS/Android versions. For one thing, iPad 2 resolution is 1024x768 and the video is 720p, letterboxed to a pseudo-anamorphic aspect ratio. The gameplay recorded at ComicCon showed Claude with fingers as in the Xbox version.

Aw, that's terrible. I should've expect misleading marketing. I'm looking closely at the Comic Con video and the only other improvement I see is the grills on cars seem to be more detailed. There seem to be no improvements on textures at all.

Edited by spaceeinstein

If anyone's noticed, R* made a few "improvements", as u see. The water is now transparent and they added a seabed biggrin.gif

Well, that's awful... I prefer the muggy water much more. It adds to the city incredibly. But adding the seabed is a large step forward.

I hope they will put 'O mio babbino caro' back on Double Clef FM. This song is so great for this game... inlove.gif

Guest Guest176525326

Does anyone know when the game is suppose to be released? I heard maybe on 31st October, can anyone confirm this, or have any more news on the matter? thx

I don't know the exact release date, but the article states it will be 'A week or two after the anniversary'.

That's why what?

I usaly play on the LC mod now because it's just like GTA III but it has bikes and helicopters. It's on Vice City.

if it dont come to ps3, i dont care for it then. They should bring it to nex gen consoles. but not wii, since it would run like crap.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

I am so very very very tempted to buy this.

No doubt they will do the same for vice city, in fact i think i will buy this, i really really want it, even if $150 is extortionate.

I just preordered my figure. I will not be taking this out of the box.