Rockstar Announces GTA III for iOS and Android

Magic_Al

Claude looks nothing like the game. Is he suppose to be older?

I disagree, I think he looks like the perfect cross between in game Claude, and Scott Malsen.

Claude looks nothing like the game. Is he suppose to be older?

I disagree, I think he looks like the perfect cross between in game Claude, and Scott Malsen.

Obviously, when they made GTA 3 they didn't have SA's storyline in mind. In GTA 3, Claude was frequently called "kid". I wanna say that Claude is around 33 in GTA 3 if you consider the SA storyline. However if he was never included in SA, I would have thought he was maybe 25-30.

It is confermed that if you look at the comments right now that this version of the game has blue radar instead of orange.

As a matter a fact I found two videos. Graphics are across from the Xbox version and the PC version. This is on the iPad 2 but for the other versions on smaller devices pritty much will look the same but bigger icons.

They were the only two I could find.

Edited by nkjellman

Pc graphics with Xbox character models.

But it looks like they re-did the trees, and vehicles are eather redone or xbox. But is it just me or does Claude run differently.

Edited by nkjellman

Will I be able to buy the figure separately?

I don't have Android, nor iOS...

Of course yes, the figure IS sold separately.

It's just that the game will be released on Android and iOS.

Thanks!

I just wonder will it be on sale here in Serbia...

Probably. Can't tell for sure... Sorry...

Thanks anyways mate.

Don't mention it, buddy.

The figure is only sold in the US, but can be shipped over-seas. I'm in the UK and had to pay a $50 shipping charge.

Arsen Vitiuk this is so sad! Thankfully I'm way older than 16 lol.gif Wish me luck friend happy.gif !

grope_4_that_date I think the toy is very well-made, but he seems older than Claude tounge2.gif The toy seems to be 35 years old, GTA III's Claude seems to be 27 and San Andreas' Claude seems to be 20 years old! Don't you agree?? ph34r.gif

Arsen Vitiuk this is so sad! Thankfully I'm way older than 16 lol.gif Wish me luck friend happy.gif !

grope_4_that_date I think the toy is very well-made, but he seems older than Claude tounge2.gif The toy seems to be 35 years old, GTA III's Claude seems to be 27 and San Andreas' Claude seems to be 20 years old! Don't you agree?? ph34r.gif

Maybe the toy is supposed to look like Claude in 2011.

Arsen Vitiuk this is so sad! Thankfully I'm way older than 16 lol.gif Wish me luck friend  happy.gif !

grope_4_that_date I think the toy is very well-made, but he seems older than Claude  tounge2.gif The toy seems to be 35 years old, GTA III's Claude seems to be 27 and San Andreas' Claude seems to be 20 years old! Don't you agree?? ph34r.gif

Maybe the toy is supposed to look like Claude in 2011.

Or maybe the scultpers did take reference from GTA 2's Claude Character Scott Maslen, as the GTA 3 low poly Claude wasn't much to go on...

As mentioned by bammargera a few posts up.

user posted image

Probably, the protagonist in GTA III was initially developed as being the same guy from GTA 2, but that was before GTA III had elaborately interconnected prequels that make it hard to imagine any continuity between GTA 2 and GTA III. If there had never been another GTA after III, it would be easy to say it's the same protagonist. He sort of was the same guy until he wasn't.

The latest Rockstar position on whether they're the same is, "Probably. It seems very likely but it’s also possible that there are just a lot of angry silent car thieves called Claude out there."

I realy hope they release this on the iPod tuch 4th gen.

You can see my beg letter in their comments lol.

It is confermed that if you look at the comments right now that this version of the game has blue radar instead of orange.

As a matter a fact I found two videos. Graphics are across from the Xbox version and the PC version. This is on the iPad 2 but for the other versions on smaller devices pritty much will look the same but bigger icons.

QA2XmATR0kc

73bW3aBfAKY

They were the only two I could find.

I see. Now I wonder why they didn't improve the Mac versions.

Finn 7 five 11

Won't the phone version be really hard to aim and things?

I am more excited for the figurine, i gotta pre-order it, but i have to wait till my pay next week to make sure i have enough to get through this week.

I think they are selling like hotcakes already.

I think i am gonna get a Galaxy S2 just for this (okay not really, there also is Minecraft PE and other things which aren't available on my current low-end smartphone)

Graphics looks good, if not even better than the original. Also the controls seems to be fine, altough in the video he is only using one hand.

I don't think the toy looks like Scott Maslen!

It's been three whole years since I have posted here. It took new GTAIII news to make me do it, that says it all really. GTA III was by far the best gaming experience of my life and the reason I joined these forums (in fact, it was gta3forums.com back then). Am so pleased to hear this news. Just bought the 4S on day one so I'm all set to buy it.

Now it's time to sit back and wait for epic amounts of nostalgia...

On a side note, I think I'll be picking up the European box art poster. It will go nicely next to my framed GTAIII and Vice City game posters that I still have up on my wall!

the game wil only run on dual core phones and tablets for android.. if you play on normal single core smartphones like desire HD you will probrably get 5 frames like other gameloft games that were meant for dual core but played on single core

What I got disappointed about is the fact that I could not participate in the Sweepstakes Lottery to try and win Claude's action figure - I'm only 16! But I want it so baadd!!!

Ah, I'm gonna cry... cryani.gifcryani.gifcryani.gif

Same here lad,

I'm pissed like f*cking hell...

But I want it too!

Sh*t!

I will 'least looks at the bright side:

-I have a friend who has dad in USA, he can get the figure free for me...

Still, First time R* Disappointed me after 9 years playing GTA!

Bull sh*t! R* is in London too, why isn't it in Europe sold at least in UK?

I want it too, I only have GTA SA Sweatshirt and VC Poster, if other than CD's,

Man, I wanna start mine GTA Collection.

Anyways, good luck Cida!

Arsen Vitiuk this is so sad! Thankfully I'm way older than 16 lol.gif Wish me luck friend  happy.gif !

I know it's kinda late, but still...

Boa sorte, senhora Cida Vaz de Melo!

(hope I spelled everything correctly, sorry if something's wrong, I don't know Portugese as well as Italian blush.gif )

Arsen Vitiuk ohh your Portuguese was perfect! lol.gif And thank you!! Thank you lol232!! happy.gif

Arsen Vitiuk ohh your Portuguese was perfect! lol.gif And thank you!!

Obrigada... blush.gif Although, my Portugese is far from perfect...

The total Mac installed base is approaching 60 million. iOS and Android together are approaching 400 million! Even though GTA III is limited to the latest iOS and Android devices, eventually most of the installed base will upgrade to hardware that can run it.

It was economical to take advantage of Cider virtualization technology that allows the original PC version of GTA III (and Vice City and San Andreas) to run on the Mac as-is.

Finn 7 five 11

$50 shipping on the figure? that might push my budget a bit on such short notice, if only i knew it was coming up i could have saved up some bucks so i wouldn't miss out.

Anyone in Australia bought it? What was the shipping?

You think they will release a figurine next year For Vice City?

I asked rockstar on twitter, lets see what they say.

Edited by finn4life

The total Mac installed base is approaching 60 million. iOS and Android together are approaching 400 million! Even though GTA III is limited to the latest iOS and Android devices, eventually most of the installed base will upgrade to hardware that can run it.

It was economical to take advantage of Cider virtualization technology that allows the original PC version of GTA III (and Vice City and San Andreas) to run on the Mac as-is.

Another advantage would be that mods for the original PC versions would (theoretically) work on the Mac, being that you only added a wrapper to the application and didn't make any changes to the file formats.

Is it just me or is that the Xbox model of Claude? Wouldn't that be strange to have Microsoft content on an Apple device? biggrin.gif

Wouldn't that be strange to have Microsoft content on an Apple device?

Why would it be strange? I don't think so...

Besides, it's hardly MS content. It's Rockstar content, they just enhanced their own models a bit to take advantage of the better capabilities of the Xbox tounge.gif

...they just enhanced their own models a bit to take advantage of the better capabilities of the Xbox tounge.gif

Despite, Claude looks uglier in Xbox version than in PC or PS2 version. tounge.gif