Rockstar Announces GTA III for iOS and Android

Magic_Al

I want that Action Figure inlove.gif , i new it , R* won't forget their fav. game haha , finally out of every thing shown i really love that action figure

General Scrotum

Nice to see they've done something for GTA III's 10th anniversary.

Looks awesome, I wonder if it will get the same HD upgrade they talked about with the Max Payne mobile. Though for me this might be the first GTA I don't get on release day, or at all, 'cause I don't own any of the devices. That figure is boss though!

I was really hoping for a PSN release. sad.gif

Edited by Niall

Aw man, I have just the damn HTC Desire...

Don't worry, it will come out for it. If not you can find the apk easily. It won't be on the G1 or HTC Magic though.

I would seriously laugh out loud if this mobile version has all the high quality vehicles and textures that the Xbox version had, that would be a great way to piss people off, GTA III on Xbox and Mobile Phones is better than GTA III on PC, haha, what great support.

I would seriously laugh out loud if this mobile version has all the high quality vehicles and textures that the Xbox version had, that would be a great way to piss people off, GTA III on Xbox and Mobile Phones is better than GTA III on PC, haha, what great support.

Or use OnePiece's HD vehicles to piss off PC, PS2 and XBOX gamers? lol.gif

Wow. Was hoping but not expecting anything like this. This is a definite buy for me.

Amazing what can be done these days really. Portable devices capable of playing such console games.

As long as the controls aren't too clumsy, could be one of the first proper decent games for mobile phones (as in not amazing to look at but crap story..or vice versa).

An excellent thing Rockstar made to the Anniversary.

I'd like to have the Claude Action Figure, but I don't think I have a chance to get it. But who knows anyway...

Kudos, Rockstar!

P.S. I wonder what we will see on Vice City's 10th Anniversary next year...

High-end handhelds follow mid- to high-end PC performance by about 10 years, which this game demonstrates.

An iPhone 4S has an 800MHz dual-core processor with 512MB of RAM, and is much faster than last year's iPhone 4. It's more powerful than PS2, Xbox, and many PCs 10 years ago, but the handheld version of the game probably needs more overhead for various reasons.

Expect handheld GTA IV around 2018. wink.gif

Shayan Shaffey

wow, this is the best GTA news. I wonder what cida melo would do to claude's action figure.

user posted image

Sunrise Driver

I thought modders matched PC graphics to Xbox level long time ago. So if they did then why asking R*?

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

So this is only compatible with Apple A5 devices and not the iPhone 4 & iTouch?

I suppose having GTA III on steam and on PS2 is enough without buying the same game a third time which would be a bit excessive.

Besides the Vita will be hacked within a year and then sooner or later PS2 isos will be playable.

Edited by Guanxi

I wonder what cida melo would do to claude's action figure.

Holy f*ck, please don't go any further. cry.gif

On topic:

The figurine will surely sell on eBay at a much higher price soon, after it's out of stock on the Rockstar Warehouse. Nevertheless, it's a nice piece of collection, but to me it doesn't look like Claude Speed that much.

I thought modders matched PC graphics to Xbox level long time ago. So if they did then why asking R*?

Even though there's a mod where people here have ported the Xbox stuff themselves, it still would be nice to get an official Patch from Rockstar themselves, along with proper 16:9 and 16:10 support for the HUD and Radar, etc.

Also, from what I've read of a preview, the character models ARE higher quality, so Rockstar are trolling PC gamers. tounge.gif

I'd be interested in the action figure at maybe a third of the price.$150 is extortionate.

And them releasing 3 on mobile devices does nothing for me at all. Even if I had one of the phones listed I think it will be unplayable on a touchscreen device.

HD release please.