make niko 'tougher'

GrandMaztahAce

GrandMaztahAce

i tried to increase nikos health by modifying ar_stats.dat in common/data but to no avail. anyone tried increasing health/armor via modifying existing game files? pls tell me how you do it

the reason i dont use scripts (some script mods out there restore your health overtime) is because i cant get them to run. asi loader, arus scripthook, hazardx scripthook, all will crash my game (1.0.4.0). thats why i need to make it work by changing core gamedata

GrandMaztahAce

ok thx for your help. but lets get things straight here:

in order to make mods/scripts work, you typically gonna need asiloader (dsound.dll), arus scripthook.dll and hazardx's scripthookdotnet.asi right? apart from this i have xliveless installed and removed rgsc/gfwl requirement

however, the scripthookdotnet.asi and the asiloader still seem to crash my game. and when i only keep your scripthook.dll (which works fine btw, thx!) in my root directory the game starts but the mods wont work as the other files are missing

for gods sake why am i the only one with this issue suicidal.gif all other people seem to run mods fine, and i wont patch to 1.0.7.0 because that one runs horribly on my system

lindsayslorach

The best solution would be to patch to the latest version. It doesn't run too well on my computer, but I put up with it. Another reason to upgrade, is that most of the mods that are created now are for the latest version of the scripthook.

But you might be able to find older versions of the scripthooks somewhere in the threads for them. Give that a go.

GrandMaztahAce

thx for your input but patching to the latest version is not an option for me because a) it runs much worse, b) realizmiv wont run anymore (couldnt find a version for 1.0.7.0), also c) my current gta runs quite stable and i cant know for sure how it will run on 1.0.7.0

i tried finding older scripthook version and my game at least started, i could 'start' the game, it loaded but then crashed soon as niko took a step forward. i'll keep you updated though if i find anything useful in this big modding mess

Alternatively you could just make weapons "less effective", by reducing damage inflicted in the weapons.dat.

Its not really the answer to the question posed, but I just thought I'd put it out there.

ok thx for your help. but lets get things straight here:

in order to make mods/scripts work, you typically gonna need asiloader (dsound.dll), arus scripthook.dll and hazardx's scripthookdotnet.asi right? apart from this i have xliveless installed and removed rgsc/gfwl requirement

however, the scripthookdotnet.asi and the asiloader still seem to crash my game. and when i only keep your scripthook.dll (which works fine btw, thx!) in my root directory the game starts but the mods wont work as the other files are missing

for gods sake why am i the only one with this issue suicidal.gif all other people seem to run mods fine, and i wont patch to 1.0.7.0 because that one runs horribly on my system

Xliveless is an ASI loader itself, so you don't need any others.

For me, this works:

- Install Xliveless

- Install .NET scripthook

- Replace scripthook.dll with the one I linked

GrandMaztahAce

OMG GREAT IT WORKS NOW!!

i downloaded the scripthook.dll which amoeba linked me. i already had xliveless installed and took hazards scripthookdonet.ais (v1.7.1.7b) and put both into the root dir along with the scripts folder.

now i got heal mod + peds steal vehicles + car shop (awesome mod, should have been in the game by default!) + no overtaking mod installed. no crashes or severe problems yet, hopefully it will stay that way *knocks on wood*

you're a great community, thanks a bunch people!