halloween!

EmagmaLak

So Halloween is coming up, and never before in my 20 years on this earth have i been to a fancy dress party (Well at least not that i remember)

Now usually for this reason, i never really acknowledged that it is Halloween, just ignore it totally! However this year, ive finally been invited to a party where i can dress up! Now being a huge Michael Jackson fan, i knew my outfit before i even accepted the invite!

Most people would go in the live Billie Jean outfit, sparkly jacket and fedora etc, however i wanted to be a bit different so i went for the Thriller music video outfit seen here:

user posted image

Now my outfit is not complete yet i still need the jeans, (Im going the whole way here)

So here is the jacket i bought:

user posted image

And me in it (Forgive my bed head i only just woke up when it arrived)

user posted image

Ill post another photo once i have the finished outfit haha, like i said still need the jeans!

It got me thinking though an i wondered what your thoughts on Halloween are? Do you care for it? Are you going to a party or dressing up this year?

Discuss.

SIG-2.jpg

WF the Hobgoblin

I love halloween, but I hate dressing up and going out.

Weird?

Edited by WF the Hobgoblin

I'm not a huge fan on Halloween, probably because my house is always the one getting egged each year. Perhaps I'll do what my friend does this year and that's lean out of the bedroom window with a pellet gun or a water gun with some form of detergent in and fire it at anyone who comes to the door.

Evil much? Yes, quite. devil.gif

Apart from that I've only ever gone "trick or treating" twice, both times I've met some "strange" neighbours. Strange as in one person gave me and some people I was trick or treating with fruit and another person gave us money that contained an old token for a public swimming pool, a button and some foreign currency. notify.gif

Also I don't even have anything to dress up in. In the past I've only dressed up as a cheap pirate that included a bandana, an eyepatch and a sword, that's it.

Down to the bonfire with the lads for a few drinks. Was going to get a morphsuit, but i'm absolutely broke.

Zombie Michael from Thriller would be fitting, considering the circumstances. Maybe add an IV rig for effect.

Ld8Bhg8.gif

I just sit home, watch scary movies and hand out candy..if we get any trick or treaters. The last couple of places we've lived have been very quiet as far a trick or treaters go.

user posted image

Chinatown Wars

Eh, I think my friends are having a small party.

I will, however, refuse to get a costume (Halloween bah humbug tounge.gif)

Shayan Shaffey

gonna invite some friends over and we're gonna watch Paranormal Activity.

user posted image

Picking up an eighth of mushrooms and abunch of different strains of weed. Its now tradition to do shrooms once a year, during Halloween. Will be hanging out in my friends new home theater basement. We need to work on a movie list

user posted image

I just sit home, watch scary movies and hand out candy

Don't fib. You eat the candy.

Ld8Bhg8.gif

I'm probably going to smoke some pcp and chase children dressed as Leatherface. You know, to celebrate Samhain.

4XEtraA.jpg

Shayan Shaffey

Ah, halloween. The only time where you can't tell the difference between a rapist and a guy having fun.

user posted image

LongHairedFreakyGuy

Halloween seems to have slowly died out around England, or it has where I'm always at. You still get the odd kid going around asking for sweets (sometimes a day early, cheeky gits), but then during the Teen years and beyond, it seems to mean nothing anymore.

I'm a cheap ass, so tend to sit at home with no lights on.

Go see the new paranormal activity with some mates. Might get a one-se for the town fair in couple of days, closest thing this town does for Halloween

Shayan Shaffey
Halloween seems to have slowly died out around England, or it has where I'm always at. You still get the odd kid going around asking for sweets (sometimes a day early, cheeky gits), but then during the Teen years and beyond, it seems to mean nothing anymore.

I'm a cheap ass, so tend to sit at home with no lights on.

Halloween has no meaning here, but since I belong to the group of those people who lived in the western world for a while. We do some stuff.

user posted image

Ah, halloween. The only time where you can't tell the difference between a rapist and a guy having fun.

Who says the rapist isn't having fun?

Ld8Bhg8.gif

Shayan Shaffey

Who says the rapist isn't having fun?

lol.gif Right, sure they do. Trick or Rape...

user posted image

I just sit home, watch scary movies and hand out candy

Don't fib. You eat the candy.

I might have a mini O'Henry or two. wink.gif

user posted image

If I'm going out this year, I plan on buying this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rubber-Overhead-Ma...k/dp/B000VO767K

It's so goddamn unnerving it's hilarious. You can drink bottles in it too, apparently, so I won't need to take it off following every visit to the bar*. No costume, just dress smart and tuck the mask into the top of my shirt/jacket.

*See attached:

Edited by Robinski
user posted image

I don't spend it in any ways, because after all there is a really different meaning from halloween here in Brazil and other countries from South towards countries from the Nothern Hemisphere, because here days start to stand longer in the horizon from this day. And halloween has the meaning of "Dark days are coming", obviously related to nothern countries's culture.

Nonetheless, there are people that still celebrate this day in Brazil . I call them dumb, because we are in the beggining of the spring, and instead of using dark clothes we should use to celebrate this date, colorful clothes, matching the exact meaning of what season is coming.

Edited by ZDANZ96

Chances are I'll be working Halloween night which means I'll be spending the night chasing drunks and stupid people around campus and tossing them in the back of an RCMP cruiser after they piss me off.

Chances are I'll be working Halloween night which means I'll be spending the night chasing drunks and stupid people around campus and tossing them in the back of an RCMP cruiser after they piss me off.

Don't chase the drunks! They're bad news.

Edited by Lithium
user posted image

Sometimes my dad throws a party, but I think that's going to be saved for Bonfire night so we can blow some fireworks up in the garden. So this year, I'll probably treat it like any other night and go food shopping since its a Monday. Then go to bed at around 10. We don't get many kids down my end of the village since its on the end which is quite nice we start out with a bowl of sweets ready for them, then not get a single knock or ring in the entire night.

I do remember Halloween being a huge thing as a kid though. 16/17 I went out as Scream with about 10 of my mates and we got a sh*t ton of sweets, then obviously decided to egg/flour some houses. Which I now realise at 21 that sh*ts not cool.

Oh, just remembered I'll probably watch Hocus Pocus on DVD.

Oh, just remembered I'll probably watch Hocus Pocus on DVD.

I used to watch that and Ernest Scared Stupid as a kid. Great movies!

user posted image

Dress as Leatherface, drink and chase kids, same as Moon. I even ordered an apron from eBay that looks like it's made from people's face. It also doubles as a BBQ apron in the summer months.

I usually just carve a pumpkin and stick it on my windowsill, I gave up trick-or-treating and dressing up at the age of about 10.

I might watch a few episodes of Goosebumps just to throw in some nostalgia.

Chances are I'll probably try to arrange some fun with a few friends, not sure if I'll do the whole dressing up thing this year though. There's always a big festival at the recreation center here, so I'll probably go attend that since everyone I know is usually there.

Either that or a scary movie date with myself.

7FTgFLB.png

For a majority of my friends and I, Halloween is just another day. Growing up my parents did not support, some of my friends did the whole trick or treat thing back then, but I never did. It seems like a waste of time.

I'll be getting hammered in Madison. Halloween is a big deal there. They block off the main drag with all the bars so people spill onto the streets and it ends up being a huge party.