Games Owned

Docfaustino

Today I was viewing another forum, UESP. Next to every post they have a neat feature where it displays which Elder Scrolls games you own. It often makes discussions easier. I figure the same would go for gtaforums, no? Your 'GTA Games Owned' would be listed both on your user profile and below your name next to each post you make. Here's an example.

user posted image

Let's hear some thoughts. Thanks.

It's just my opinion (I obviously don't speak for the staff), but it doesn't really seem that necessary. If you really want to show off what games you have, you can always put them in your signature block.
clEsyRO.gif

My opinion, I say great idea, but I don't see it happening soon really; probably V2 tounge2.gif

Edited by PrometheusX
3lIXKDi.png

Our profile pages has a "Interests" area for that. They are usually listed there and also the spot for "favorite GTA game" the question is how would that make discussions easier anyways?! We have a section for all GTA games here, so obviously anyone posting in those sections owns that game right?

fV9tG4b.gif

Yeah, well I think our profiles next to every post we do has all the necessary information.

Group: To see which group they belong to, in your case Parcelbatsu?

Flag: To know where we're from

I don't really think the games thing is necessary, it would be too much of a hassle for something small and insignificant. It could work, but it wouldn't have much point.

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

Narcis_speed6
Everyone will just put all games, because they consider themselves hardcore fans.

I agree that this may be helpful, but not for the reasons stated above. In the modding sections we often get people who spout off "i try to run but it crash y no work u halp me plz" (exaggeration, but you get the idea) without ever saying which game they are talking about.

On the other hand, these members would probably not have discovered they had the ability to modify this section, so they wouldn't use it and it'd be useless.

Another example is the following - if I'm looking for beta testers for my mod, it would help to know if people have GTA III. I then know whether or not I can ask them for their time testing. I'd rather not have to spammily PM 20-odd members to find someone with III who is willing to test a beta.

pkmTc.gif

LongHairedFreakyGuy
Would be a cool thing to, rather than text list them all, we get icons showing up instead, as in really small ones. A tickbox function would have to be implemented in this case though.

Shayan Shaffey

IMO it can just be posted in the Interests section as it doesn't need it's own part.

user posted image

vertical limit

Guys how about you link them to your gamertag or PSN or PC?

If you are registered to the R* site, it will ask you to link your platform account. So no lies shall be spoken

Or if you have registered at CoD Elite, it is the same thing. Linking your gaming platform account.

General Scrotum

Would be good, but somehow useless seeing our profile contains all the info someone may need.

Would be a cool thing to, rather than text list them all, we get icons showing up instead, as in really small ones. A tickbox function would have to be implemented in this case though.

Suggestion changed to this. Ideally including hover-over features that will name the icon when hovered over. If that's not too much to ask, of course.

leik oh em jeez!

If awards can be done, I imagine this couldn't be much different as far as coding goes.

Suggestion changed to this. Ideally including hover-over features that will name the icon when hovered over. If that's not too much to ask, of course.

And get 20+ topic a day about why a game isn't included in the list.

This isn't needed

LongHairedFreakyGuy

And get 20+ topic a day about why a game isn't included in the list.

This isn't needed

The suggestion was just for the GTA games that you owned, not all the games that you possess.

It still wouldn't be needed.

And I say it would. Pretty useful feature.

Personally I'd be using it more for reasons stated by fireguy109, ir, in my case, it would make easier to invite new players to the GTA:III Chain Game

Er it isn't really needed, you can use other sections if you want that. Arsen, if they want to play in your game they'll play in it, don't go advertising it via PM.

Arsen, if they want to play in your game they'll play in it, don't go advertising it via PM.

Well I doubt it, really. The III section is pretty much unvisited.

And I ain't advertising it, I'm inviting potential players.

Arsen, if they want to play in your game they'll play in it, don't go advertising it via PM.

Which is also known as advertising.

Which is also known as advertising.

Huh? Sorry, but that's just stupid.

If I am to stick with your definition, I've always been advertising people on some occasions, like asking them to join back in the Trivia or Chain Story topics for example... Which is not advertising, really. Admit it, man. Everyone in the world is mistaken on occasions.

Anyway, off topic aside and back to the issue at hand: I stick to opinion that this is an excellent idea.

Huh? Sorry, but that's just stupid.

If I am to stick with your definition, I've always been advertising people on some occasions, like asking them to join back in the Trivia or Chain Story topics for example... Which is not advertising, really. Admit it, man. Everyone in the world is mistaken on occasions.

It IS advertising. Look it up bro.

Yl8KS.jpg

PMing a person who's already been a part of the topic and inviting him back is fine. But don't go around PMing every other member asking them to check out a specific topic. That would be annoying.

...But don't go around PMing every other member asking them to check out a specific topic. That would be annoying.

Well, I'm still contacting only potential players, those who I know have or will be having interest in it. I don't go PMing every member who I come across.

I know who should I contact. Like the SRS do.

@ goin-god, It IS NOT advertising, you know? Look up, bro! tounge.gif

Anyway, whatever you're saying, I stand by my point of view. Still, I can't help but notice: we've strayed from the original issue. Let's return to the matter at hand, shall we?