Will GTA V be more addictive than RDR?

gta_fan28

Red Dead Redemption was a great and addictive game made by R* San Diego for it's great story and gameplay. More Activities that player can do and more interaction and Random Strangers and Encounters. I just wanna ask if do u think GTAV will be like that and more addictive than RDR?

Share your thoughts but please be polite and respectful to others ok.. sly.gif

Sunrise Driver

Almost every recent R* game (apart from Manhunt 2 and TT) is more addictive then RDR so yes.

Almost every recent R* game (apart from Manhunt 2 and TT) is more addictive then RDR so yes.

agreed, I never really got into RDR. Once I beat the story I just boosted my ass in Multiplayer to the highest level and that was it. GTA IV was even more addicting, and that says something.

user posted image

Every new game made by R* is addictive, spacialy Grand Theft Auto.

To answer u'r question ..... YES

mafiahitman14

GTA V is going to be much more addictive than red dead redemption

infact its going to be more fun than any other games like uncharted 3, saints row 3, modern warfare3, battlefield 3 and hitman absolution(which is also a sick game) smile.gif

im not saying these games are bad im just saying GTA V is going to be way more addictive tounge.gif

Shayan Shaffey

All GTA games are/were addictive, possibly due to their freeroam. So, yes.

user posted image

Shayan Shaffey
They are also inspirational, are not they? colgate.gif

Very, I'm sure many companies are inspired by their addictive free-roam tactics.

user posted image

it will be far more addictive then RDR... if my needs are met.... if its just like IV and the episodes where the only thing to do is drive around and kill people then i wont find it addictive in the slightest.

Original Light

If they have hunting in it, then yes. It will be addictive, but I don't know about "more" addictive.

This whole thread is pointless as it is based on the speculation of a game we know nothing about. Quite honestly we've got no clue what GTA could be like so yes It is quite probable that GTA V will be more addicting than RDR but asking us if it will be has to be the stupidest question anyone could ever ask.

I expect that it will be, especially if they give us a very good MP mode. The best part of GTA is the SP, but many people buy games for the MP and once they've completed the main story, online will keep them playing, and bring that addiction factor so to speak.

I don't know, RDR has been the only Rockstar title, since Vice City, that I actually look forward to replaying every 6 months or so. GTAIV was a terrible letdown, with regard to replay value, at least from my end.

518946f871d7d.preview-300.jpg

Very, I'm sure many companies are inspired by their addictive free-roam tactics.

Haha, don't start, chevy lol.gif

Yeah... I've played GTA IV more than I ever played Red Dead. Don't know why. I'd say RDR was a technically better made game too... hmm

Shayan Shaffey

Yeah... I've played GTA IV more than I ever played Red Dead. Don't know why. I'd say RDR was a technically better made game too... hmm

GTA just has that "feel", it makes you want to explore. At times, you want to be a murdering idiot and at times you just want to act like a normal citizen. My true fear for the next game is that they won't be able to have that feel, if so, GTA will be over.

user posted image

This whole thread is pointless as it is based on the speculation of a game we know nothing about. Quite honestly we've got no clue what GTA could be like so yes It is quite probable that GTA V will be more addicting than RDR but asking us if it will be has to be the stupidest question anyone could ever ask.

I don't think the thread is pointless, maybe you are? Yeah I know we haven't got any any news on GTAV but atleast we have some ideas of what improve on the gameplay of GTAV because of RDR. The gameplay is well improved very much since GTAIV. Maybe u didn't play the game yet.

I don't think the thread is pointless, maybe you are? Yeah I know we haven't got any any news on GTAV but atleast we have some ideas of what improve on the gameplay of GTAV because of RDR. The gameplay is well improved very much since GTAIV. Maybe u didn't play the game yet.

What did you just type? All i saw was a bunch of messed up english. Anyway yeah it is completely pointless considering we don't KNOW anything about GTA V. Hell I could say that it will feature a level in which you shoot mushrooms with a bubble gun on the moon whilst riding a rainbow colored T rex as your being chased by an army of 1950's mobster Nyan cats and you still couldn't say I'm wrong or that any of that isn't true because we just don't know.

I don't care if you know nothing of GTA Five, or NeXt, it's likely this thread question could hold water for some time, even as we learn about what to expect with GTA V/NeXt.

I can tell you, for consoles and Rockstar Games, Red Dead Redemption is clearly one of the finest ever released for what some consider a "long in the tooth" console Current Generation, I feel, yeah, 2005/06 is looking back 5 years or more, and that these games are proving to have amazing life and qualities, I am excited to see what they think of. Now if the delay means they think the current gen hardware won't be enough to support their next vision for GTA?? That is highly unlikely, but we really don't know that upshot yet either! hahaha

I dare any of you denouncing Red Dead Redemption, come say that to my FACE! I'll punch you! hahaha RDR is addictive and luscious to look at, it's got near perfect animation, so much so, the glitches don't detrimentally detract. They provided more interest in some ways

GTAWithStyle

GTA just has that "feel", it makes you want to explore. At times, you want to be a murdering idiot and at times you just want to act like a normal citizen. My true fear for the next game is that they won't be able to have that feel, if so, GTA will be over.

how the fuk wouldn't it have that feel?

Finn 7 five 11

Addictability depends on the player.

I have never finished RDR and don't plan to, so i think yes.

IMO RDR was the most addictive (and just plain best) game I have played in a LONG time, maybe even ever, because the atmosphere is perfect. It makes you feel like you are a cowboy in the Old West and gives you everything you could possibly want to do from that era. Apart from there not being hardly anything to do in IV, I never felt part of the game world; just a maniac there to kill everyone in sight. If they take the 'living, breathing city' vibe from IV, give us some diversions to do (things that a modern day gangster would do like proper robberies, smuggling etc) some game world variety (wilderness) and then it may surpass RDR.

What did you just type? All i saw was a bunch of messed up english. Anyway yeah it is completely pointless considering we don't KNOW anything about GTA V. Hell I could say that it will feature a level in which you shoot mushrooms with a bubble gun on the moon whilst riding a rainbow colored T rex as your being chased by an army of 1950's mobster Nyan cats and you still couldn't say I'm wrong or that any of that isn't true because we just don't know.

If u don't have anything to say good and u think this thread is pointless then get out of here and don't post ok.

Putang Ina mo gago ka. devil.gif

If u don't have anything to say good and u think this thread is pointless then get out of here and don't post ok.

Putang Ina mo gago ka. devil.gif

I'm simply stating the obvious not trying to piss anyone off.

That's an easy observation to make, and has been said before in this section, however, What the intent of topic creation is that we'd hope to cover some questions for users based on the forthcoming expected game, not that it simply has not been announced yet. At least it fields input on what the GTA fans here think and expect. Two of the best Rockstar Games productions ever made, RDR and GTA are fair to compare

EternalAgony

I actually liked RDR. Probably because I'm a fan of Westerns, but still. It was fun. I think it well deserved its "Game of the Year" status.

More like GAME OF ALL TIME award, as GTA is as a franchise, not the best art wise, or animation, but a culmination of things/attributes.

As far as how I liked and then loved Red Dead Red, it was not expected that I would, but it's more then just eye candy, and like GTA, it has a story that's funny, entertaining and compelling, perhaps more so then GTA, I found the MP more addicting, but I still plan to play MP in GTA games.

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png