GTA3Freak-2001 - 1984-2011

adamcs

Today we were sadly informed about the death of Chris Carrick, aka GTA3Freak-2001, one of the community's longest standing and most respected members. Chris was 27 when he died on Thursday. He had a disease called Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.

In the words of Chris's brother, Matthew..

When he spoke about this forum it sounded like he played a big role in it - He was very proud of this Forum - Told everyone it was his full time job as he loved it. I am sorry for the Forums loss.

We extend our deepest sympathies to Chris's friends and family.

RIP Chris.

Sent from my ayePhone

I... can't believe. I just can't believe!

He was one of the moderators who had served this forums since 2004-2003. A legend of GTAForums. Rest in peace Chris, you will never be forgotten! He couldn't even hit his 30,000 post! sad.gif

Dead (Retired)

Seeing that news this morning was terrible, been feeling so sh*t all day sad.gif

RIP Chris, I always looked up to you as a moderator here, you will be greatly missed. sad.gif

x3FWE.png

Shayan Shaffey

It's weird to read his profile now, I feel sorry for him and his family. There has to be a way to make this topic get more attention, maybe it can be added as a banner on this forum or something? I added it to my member title to spread the word

user posted image

This was quite a shock when I found out about it this morning. Hands down, one of the best member/moderator this forum has ever seen. He'll be sorely missed.

R.I.P Chris.

RIP GTA3Freak-2001, you'll always be remembered. sad.gif

This is a huge shock, he was a great person and it's very sad to see him go. He'll never be forgotten, I hope you're in peace now Chris.

cryani.gif

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

Very sad.

I'm sure he won't be forgotten here.

In his signature:

"All those moments, will be lost in time, like tears, in rain... Time to die."

Just sad really.

Edited by PrometheusX
3lIXKDi.png

Wow, I'm pretty speechless at the moment. I didn't exactly know Chris all that well, but I know he was looked up to as one of the better staff members around here. A huge contributor to these forums and a very, very sad loss.

Rest in peace, Chris. This place won't be the same without you.

Edited by ska

7FTgFLB.png

LongHairedFreakyGuy

f*ck....what a great guy he was around here.

R.I.P Chris. sad.gif

KilnerLUFC.gif

You will be missed around here Chris, you've made such an impact on these forums and have contributed immensely to the smooth running of them. My condolences to your family for what a difficult time this will be for them.

Damn. I always liked that guy. I remember him a lot from my early days here.

R.I.P.

twang629.gif

Rest peacefully old friend, you were one of the kindest people on here, and I have no doubt you were just as awesome in person.

You will be sorely missed.

Farewell. sad.gif

38773_s.gif

f*cking crazy man. I never even knew he had this disease or anything. Very terrible news, from what I saw of him he was a great guy, much respect to him and his family.

Oh man...no adequate words.

Literally the first member of staff I dealt with here and the first guy to pin one of my topics back in the spammy San An Gen Chat days.

As Waddy said one of those guys you actually looked up to and took a lot of heed to their opinion.

Staying forever and always on my LIVE contact list, you will be missed, Chris.

Damn; this is quite a shock. Although I never spoke to him personally he posted frequently in the Tech/PC section and he was clearly a good guy. RIP Chris.

GTA3Freak-2001 was one of the mods I always managed to get along with my first couple years here when most mods looked for a way to get rid of me (PGC days were something else, no hurt feelings). I am shocked to hear he was suffering from Duchenne's the entire time. Terrible way to have to live your life, but it appears he really enjoyed being here and at the end of the day, I think that's what this place is for a lot of us. We don't mind putting in the time to show up, there's a payoff here for all of us. Such a sad, sad shame.

518946f871d7d.preview-300.jpg

Oh. Okay. This was unexpected. I liked him a lot as a moderator and as a person around the forums, seemed to be a nice guy and knowledgable in GTA. This is a huge loss for the forums, rest in peace. sad.gif

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Sad indeed. I knew of him from my first days here. 27 is no age to go at all.

R.I.P Chris, you were a great Mod/member on here. My condolences to his family for how they must be feeling right now. It is always sad when someone this young passes away. This is a sad day for his family and the forums..

This is terrible news it really it is. You were a great Mod/Admin and you will be missed.

R.I.P sad.gif

A terrible tragedy at such a young age, it's just so sad. My deepest sympathy goes out to all family and friends.

The forums have lost a great member. Rest in peace Chris, you will be missed and never forgotten.