"GTAIV/EFLC Has Stopped Working" Message

Enigma83

Ok i know you guys have heard/seen this one before and i wish i could go into more detail but thats the only message i got, no reason or anything. It happens when i try to launch the games. First, my specs:

ASUS G74SX

NVIDIA, 3 gigs dedicated VRAM

12 gigs RAM

Intel i7 processor

Thats all about my specs that are relevant, i just bought this 2 weeks ago and it just hit the market for public sale less than 2 months ago. if anything else is needed then just ask.

Also, my OS of choice is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition 64 bit, with Service Pack 1. i prefer it because it can be made to look exactly like win7 and is alot more trim without all the excess fat. very clean, minimalist by design. And before anyone here takes a potshot at me by saying that GTAIV may not be working because of my OS, then plz dont because i've had it running on here (Server) for over a yr now, very few probs. It is not incompatible with Server, i know from experience. Not only that, but i've had this and similar probs on W7 as well. the point im making is, my OS has nothing to do with it. the game has in fact been running fine since i bough this laptop, until now.

The only things i can think of that may be causing this is either my Windows Live Essentials 2011 install or .net framework 4. i know the games need at least 3.5. but i need 4 for some development and 3d graphics development apps that i have. i have tried removing both, either way iv/eflc spins the little blue circle at me then says they stopped working. how can i troubleshoot this?

my adobe flash player is up to date, so is internet explorer as well as audio and video drivers. cant think of anything else offhand.

also, i am using the Razor1911 and LaunchEFLCc.exe no cd cracks, but yes, i did buy these games, in fact got them over a yr ago at Target. i'm simply too lazy to put a disc in the drive is all. i travel far away from home as part of my work and i dont want to carry game discs around. These cracks have never given me issues before and i still get this error even when using the discs and original executables. my games are also patched to latest version, so is games for windows live.

if anyone can help, reply soon!

In that case I would suggest getting unlazy. Remove the cracks and use your original game discs. If you still get the problem then we would then be allowed to help you.

While you're using cracks we can't help you because it is against forum rules. Please see big yellow text at the top of this page.

i'm not discussing cracks, i merely mentioned that i use them to launch games that would require me to carry around a massive amount of discs, since i play many games on a daily basis. 2nd, no-cd cracks are not illegal in and of themselves, no court in the world has ever ruled against them. and finally, i buy all my games, except the ones that are so old that i cant find a place that still sells it.

I woulkd like to make clear that i am in no way attemtping to break the rules of this forum, and i dont condone piracy.

Also, i do remember mentioning that i get the same error with the original executables and the disc in drive. as a matter of fact i just so happen to be home at the moment and my disc is in the drive, i have just attempted to launch the game. same error. please reread my post.

sorry if it seems i'm being sarcastic or whatever.

so please, can someone help me now? thanks!

Edited by Enigma83

The main problem could be the crack itself. Also look at the top.

Discussion of cracks in any form is forbidden.

3lIXKDi.png

i have tested everything to see if they will launch with the original executables and disc in drive. i was actually curious to see if the cracks are the cause. they dont seem to be, since i get the same error either way. i seriously wish i could carry around a bag full of discs just so i can play my games on the road, but it's simply not possible.

so is it possible that i can get some help now? thanks!

i have tested everything to see if they will launch with the original executables and disc in drive. i was actually curious to see if the cracks are the cause. they dont seem to be, since i get the same error either way. i seriously wish i could carry around a bag full of discs just so i can play my games on the road, but it's simply not possible.

so is it possible that i can get some help now? thanks!

If you have any mods installed, remove them, otherwise, I recommend you to reinstall the game.

3lIXKDi.png