'GTA V' in Australian Christmas hamper package!

ChillyPhilly

ChillyPhilly

Wow, has it been a long time since I've posted on here! Feels like years.. well, it has been years, actually. After collecting the mail today, I looked through the Hamper King catalogue - or to be specific, the 2012 Hamper King Christmas Big Book. They're an Australian firm that puts together Christmas hamper packages made up of a big range of things (eg. drinks, food of course, electronics, and so forth) in which you pay in weekly instalments. So I flicked through the pages, through food, drinks and got to electronics. Then one thing hit my eye.

I got to the games page and saw a 'PlayStation 3 games pack', as seen in the picture. Surrounded by UFC Undisputed 3, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and Bioshock Infinite, was a single black cover, with only 'Grand Theft Auto V' written on it.

Fake? This is in a catalogue by a professional Australian company, selling to Australians in Australia. Wrong information in the catalogue? That's highly possible. But all these games are due to be released in '2012', with only UFC having a confirmed release date (January 2012). GTA IV and not GTA V? Why would you sell an approaching-four year old game, especially for the price/value of a new release?

What else makes this plausible that an announcement is imminent? GTA III's decade anniversary of release is approaching, perfect opportunity for an announcement or major hint. Speculation is strong for a 2012-13 release - a little over 52 weeks from now, the timing of the hamper.

The total price of the hamper is $439 on a 52 week plan.

Written underneath the image is exactly as follows:

PS3 Bioshock Infinite Game x 1

PS3 Grand Theft Auto 5 game x1

PS3 Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Game x 1

PS3 UFC Undisputed 3 Game x1

$8.44 PW, 52 week plan, code: 1813. TOTAL PRICE $439

Let me know what you make of this. If you want a clearer image, feel free to shoot me a PM!

user posted image

ChillyPhilly

Verified, as in, the catalogue itself? I have it and the page in my possession.

If this is real, then this may be a hint from R* that it exists. I certainly hope it's true!

Verified, as in, the catalogue itself? I have it and the page in my possession.

Yes, I'm sure you do. But it's really nice to have a second something to verify this. Like someone else in posesion of this catelogue or a link online that shows this catelogue page. I'm not trying to call you a lier or anything, just saying that these kind of things do need verification, you know?

ChillyPhilly

Ohh, you're right Zirvlok! I'll have a look online for one.

AerialRocket

I think someone has already covered this its just them thinking its going to be out by then

Ohh, you're right Zirvlok! I'll have a look online for one.

I'm looking too. No luck yet. And my sh*tty Playstation browser isn't helping me.

Edited by Zirvlok

Sorry guys this has been posted before... i think... or i have seen somewhere else ....

It's just marketing move german gamestop has gta v in their site too. And if there is anything written inside anything about gta v then it's going to be the same rumours that everbody knows untill i hear something from Rockstar i am not believing it. In their recent Q&A someone asked about gta v they replied saying they are working on Max Payne 3 and La Noire for pc they didn't confirm it nor deny it.

Edited by ShotGunRain

ChillyPhilly

That's it Zirvlok! Nothing is official unless announced by Rockstar. BUT, why would you 'sell' an unreleased game that isn't even announced? Bit of a liability.

@ShotGunRain Thanks..

yup its already been posted, but i don't think admins around, hope they don't close this thread.. those eager heads would be so right on the button if they found this...

and Zirvlok found where its from.. oh man i wish just a direct confirmation from R* would be gr8...

I think R* hyping strategy is always be like this when it come to GTA... its becoming tiresome though...

That's it Zirvlok! Nothing is official unless announced by Rockstar. BUT, why would you 'sell' an unreleased game that isn't even announced? Bit of a liability.

You're very right on that. The only thing I can think of is that they'd just choose a different game. Though there's still an issue since they're not giving you what you had paid for.

Finn 7 five 11

You're very right on that. The only thing I can think of is that they'd just choose a different game. Though there's still an issue since they're not giving you what you had paid for.

GTA V is coming soon, anyone remember the docket from gamestop with GTA V on the list, and it had a serial number next to it? SOmebody here rang up and gamestop confirmed it, then they must have gotten word from somewhere to keep it quiet.

A lot of places are advertising the game, it is coming out, so in 52weeks/1 year maybe it will be released, we will see.

oh decider(bush reference) is watching us....

oh yeah they will announce it soon Topcat but when? its just a few screenshot of the game would be great... come to think of screenshot, if agent is gta, were we looking at earlier development of GTA huh? wouldn't be cool...

Someone has clearly made an mistake there, GTAV hasn't even be announced and won't be announced until after Max Payne 3 has been released. This is just another retailer making a f*ck up.

Legally they can't really sell a game that doesn't exist. So they'll probably change it soon, especially now that Rockstar will know about it.

ChillyPhilly

That's what I assumed. But it's a little bit of interesting food for thought!

Is there going to be a pc version or just console version?

There always is, even if it comes out a few months after consoles.

nightwalker83
Is there going to be a pc version or just console version?

There always is, even if it comes out a few months after consoles.

I hope it will be available via Steam! I am not buy pc from the shops anymore except in the rare case where the game isn't on Steam.

It might have been announced to retailing companies, but not to the public. Or something. I dunno.

Still, AWESOME find.

All this really means that they are betting on late 2012 release for GTA V, which doesn't necessarily mean they have inside info. They could be using the same info we have to take a calculated risk.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Late 2012 isn't a completely out there date - it's close enough and solid enough to keep fans interested, but it's far enough away to allow for a couple of months error each way. This way, they could get away with a summer 2012 release or an early 2013 release. We had delays like that for IV, the same thing could well happen with this game too.

They better start throwing some images soon or something. I'm starting to remember how long it was between San An and IV. 4 years is a long time dontgetit.gif Although it was worth it. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Mrmctommy, there's always a reason to why it will take long to be released for PC after consoles. R* have to change alot of the coding to be compatible for the PC, not to mention changing the graphics. I bet GTAV won't even be able to run on the GTX 470 video card! wow.gif

They better start throwing some images soon or something. I'm starting to remember how long it was between San An and IV. 4 years is a long time dontgetit.gif Although it was worth it. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

If we're really looking at fall 2012 as planed release, we won't see any images until May to July of 2012. We might get an announcement as early as January, however.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.