Windows 8 GFWL don't work

ShakingASS

I called Support for GFWL said that they won't update the software when OS is final.But wondering if someone found a loop to fix it without waiting.Windows 8 runs better than Windows 7 don't suggest to me go back to 7.

G1T

lol, go back to windows 7, sorry i just had to.

No man like i said Windows 8 performance is way better.

G1T

nightwalker83

Wait until Windows 8 is finally released! I say this because I serious stuffed up my pc installing the alpha.

Wait until Windows 8 is finally released! I say this because I serious stuffed up my pc installing the alpha.

No this not Alpha this Dev build beta.

G1T

nightwalker83

No, to my knowledge the beta has not been released if it is the one here that is an alpha version.

No, to my knowledge the beta has not been released if it is the one here that is an alpha version.

That's beta my friend.For devs.

G1T

nightwalker83

No, it is pre-beta:

The Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers.

The quote is from the above link.

Pre = before

So therefore, it is an alpha! Don't worry I too made the same mistake at first.

No, it is pre-beta:

The Windows Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers.

The quote is from the above link.

Pre = before

So therefore, it is an alpha! Don't worry I too made the same mistake at first.

Alright

G1T

And are you a Dev? Should you be running it? Don't expect support for using an operating system that isn't even released yet. GFWL will be updated for Windows 8, when windows 8 is fully released.

Far as I know, you can go through MS's site and sign on for the beta and trial versions, they have a lot of options there, in fact.

Far as I know, you can go through MS's site and sign on for the beta and trial versions, they have a lot of options there, in fact.

Yes, you can (a ton of people did), but I don't think that was Andrew's point. The Dev Previews are meant for developers to take and, well, develop on. Even if you aren't developing though, you can play with it, but you can't expect it to be feature set, or final.

nightwalker83

Although, since the beta isn't out yet you could be waiting a long time.

Although, since the beta isn't out yet you could be waiting a long time.

True builds will be leaked soon.

G1T

it is supposed to launch sometime in 2012. dude has the funniest name ever, although judging from his responses in this thread, he might need to change his name to "hardheaded" instead

nightwalker83
dude has the funniest name ever, although judging from his responses in this thread, he might need to change his name to "hardheaded" instead

Whom are you talking about?

I did some surfing via a link for Vista gadgets, that took me to Live Gallery which is being modified. How is that On Topic you say? Would I get banned to say "

I did...." anything??? I hope not, but at this stage, with the ban hammer trigger happy fingers, I'd assume so. The intent in relation to the TOPIC, is that I found a page dedicated to Windows 8, every version they offer on one page that is up to 6GB or so in size!!! ISO format beta Win8 with developer tools, so you basically can test drive the new OS and I'll admit did not see Games for Windows Live 8 there, but since it was thought something might be fishy regarding the OS offered from MS.... it is.

the original poster could just create an offline profile for GFWL

http://www.rockstargames.com/support/gta4p...20sign%20in.doc

or just search on rockstar games website in the support section for GTA IV

it is a word document. i need to say that following this procedure (in GTA IV), you will see a blue window of some sort with a hyperlink "offline profile". that is what you click to create the profile (you may have to scroll down a bit, as microsoft made this as difficult as possible)

pros: don't have to use xlive.dll, which always made me nervous

cons: GFWL is still trying to prompt upon game launch to sign my offline profile ONLINE - this is even when not connected to the internet

YankeesPwnMets

Dude, it's called "Developer Preview" for a reason. Microsoft and other companies will NOT be providing any support until the final RTM version released. And no, no company or Microsoft is going to change their mind on this. This is a no support, testing purpose only OS, not an everyday OS. It expires in March 2012, so I don't get why some of you even bothered to put all your important things on here, because you WILL need a clean install when the final version is out. This isn't a permanent OS, so you guys obviously didn't listen to Microsoft's warnings when they clearly said to not use this as your main OS.

And would you mind explaining how Windows 8 has better performance? I'm pretty sure its just the placebo effect with most of you users.

And would you mind explaining how Windows 8 has better performance? I'm pretty sure its just the placebo effect with most of you users.

Nah, I'm sure it kicks ass.

Dude, it's called "Developer Preview" for a reason. Microsoft and other companies will NOT be providing any support until the final RTM version released. And no, no company or Microsoft is going to change their mind on this. This is a no support, testing purpose only OS, not an everyday OS. It expires in March 2012, so I don't get why some of you even bothered to put all your important things on here, because you WILL need a clean install when the final version is out. This isn't a permanent OS, so you guys obviously didn't listen to Microsoft's warnings when they clearly said to not use this as your main OS.

Most likely because it is a fresh install and doesn't have other stuff running. However, 8 does take less resources to run than 7.

nightwalker83
It expires in March 2012, so I don't get why some of you even bothered to put all your important things on here, because you WILL need a clean install when the final version is out.

I think it is just a case of OMG I'm the first person to install and run GTA IV on Windows 8.

No crashes if you launch but xlive is a fix.Also yes you can run full effects they opt it well great OS for gaming.I am very happy yes not RTM but this OS will change change lag issues for most users of 7.

G1T