Amanda Knoxx & Sollecito freed

Rebel

Please feel free to get rid of this if its been posted while I made this topic. Also I totally f*cked up her name in the title moto_whistle.gif

I just finished watching some live footage on BBC news about Knox and Sollecito have both been acquitted of the murder of Meredith. Its been 4 years since the whole ordeal started and its finally over.

I also saw that quite a number of Italian people stood outside the court house were chanting rather bad things something like ''embarrassing'' I'm not sure if that was towards the courts or just to Amanda and Sollecito themselves.

Personally, after hearing all of this evidence that was stacked against them being basically branded ''useless'' there was no real case against them. I think Italy themselves were in such over drive over the huge amount of press that this murder got that they were basically trying to scapegoat both of these people just to get the show over and done with so to speak.

I guess at the end of the day, only Amanda and Sollecito will really know the truth, but now it depends on how they get on with life.

CLICK ME FOR NEWS

Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito have been acquitted of the murder of UK student Meredith Kercher following a successful appeal in Perugia, Italy.

Care to explain or are you just going to waltz out of that?

I've been vaguely following this case for a while and the evidence against them is overwhelming, heres a link with the summary so to speak  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/15036490

You're right, it does explain it all.

But Italian forensic experts told the appeal court they could not be certain DNA traces found on a knife were those of 21-year-old Miss Kercher.Because proper DNA procedures had not been followed, they said, the samples could have been contaminated, they said.

As for the bra, the defence has argued that it was found so long after the murder, that any evidence it might have contained was unreliable.

At the original trial a police forensic scientist testified that the bloody footprints of both Knox and Sollecito were found near the murder scene - although not in Miss Kercher's bedroom where the killing took place. However another forensic expert testified the prints did not match Sollectio's feet, and instead belonged to Rudy Guede - the small-time drug dealer earlier sentenced to 16 years after being found guilty of the murder of Miss Kercher.

It's clear the prosecution just wanted to find someone guilty and din't care who it was.

Edited by Ryan

If you have been following then you would of known that the independent DNA experts who tested everything basically threw sh*t out the window with the fact that there was nothing substantial on anything. Which pretty much f*cked up the battle.

Going along with the bra, they also have a video of the fact it was actually picked up in a different area than where they said they had found it. Also had 3 other guys DNA on it if I remember from the BBC News report.

Ok yes there was no damning DNA evidence but there was reasonable doubt that she was innocent. Other evidence such as the "alibi's", strange behaviour, admittance from that other bloke. You can't discredit that. In my opinion, she and her ex-boyfriend are guilty. E: Or at the very least, were involved in some way, maybe not totally responsible.

I've been vaguely following this case for a while and the evidence against them is overwhelming, heres a link with the summary so to speak  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/15036490

Whilst I'm of the personal view that she Knoxx was at least involved (though possibly not the actual murderer- as she herself has admitted being in the property during or in the preceding moments of the murder), that isn't any grounds for a conviction. Public opinion and the whims of the individual can't be substituted for actual evidence- and in this case, evidence was mishandled and contaminated- as is quite clearly stated by the very BBC article you posted. This was decided by two judges and a panel of jurors who have had access to far more information than the media has the space to print. That's not to say that neither of them were involved- but merely means that there is not enough evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they were involved.

You may hold your personal views on a case, but those views are essentially uninformed. You're welcome to your opinion, but everyone else is welcome to call you out on it when it's bollocks.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Look, you can't judge an entire case just on the DNA evidence, if we did then a lot more people would end up being convicted for things they didn't do. You have to accept there was mens rea for the murder, she has no solid alibi and there is a "confession" from an disreputable source but it should not be written off just like that. In my personal opinion, there has been a foul up but you may think otherwise. That is what makes law so interesting, everyone can form their own opinions on case.

Fair enough maybe the evidence DNA wise was unreliable, but lets look at this in a more common sense approach. Knox's footbprint was clearly found in Kercher's blood, meaning she must have been at the scene whilst the dead body was there. Whether she killed Kercher or not, she must have known the body was there so why didnt she report it? This an offence in itself.

If the prosecution can find something to bring her back to court and appeal against her clearance, I'll guarentee she'll be back inside by Christmas.

Proof beyond all reasonable doubt. I was recently (few months ago, recent-ish…) on Jury Duty in the United Kingdom and while I can't go into any substantial details about the case (it involved violence against children, nasty case), I was certain (or as much as human being can be) that the fella was guilty until the fourth day when one tiny, detail came up. After that he was acquitted as there was this tiny issue of an iddy, bitty slice of reasonable doubt. Some will probably shout "lucky!" and others will shout "justice!" at this verdict, but in this day and age with the technology the police and the various governments have at their disposal, if proof to an almost (I say almost, I mean can we ever be 100% sure that somebody has committed a crime?) unquestionable degree isn’t present then I believe that justice should be served and those on trial should be freed no matter what the population/press has to say about it.

Look, you can't judge an entire case just on the DNA evidence, if we did then a lot more people would end up being convicted for things they didn't do. You have to accept there was mens rea for the murder, she has no solid alibi and there is a "confession" from an disreputable source but it should not be written off just like that. In my personal opinion, there has been a foul up but you may think otherwise. That is what makes law so interesting, everyone can form their own opinions on case.

No, you can't, but you also can't judge a case without any true physical evidence- the only real piece of which in this case was the DNA evidence. Your entitled to your opinion, but as I said, these people have seen much more evidence than an outside observer would be, so your opinion is less informed than those of the individuals making the decision. The lack of solid alibi is basically null and void- its' the responsibility of the prosecution to prove the guild of the person on trial, not their responsibility to prove their innocence.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

The question is, if she or Sollecito didnt do it, then who did? I know fine well the guy currently in prison didnt do it alone. They were the only possible explanation of the murder.

I know fine well the guy currently in prison didnt do it alone.

How do you know that? Even the Italian police weren't entirely certain on this specific point.

Untitled-1.jpg

How do you know that? Even the Italian police weren't entirely certain on this specific point.

It was clear that Knox was there. The only reliable piece of evidence in this case was her footprint, how did her footprint get in Kercher's blood if she wasnt at the scene? She may not have murdered her, but this evidence surely points out she was at the scene?

It was clear that Knox was there. The only reliable piece of evidence in this case was her footprint, how did her footprint get in Kercher's blood if she wasnt at the scene? She may not have murdered her, but this evidence surely points out she was at the scene?

I never said she wasn't there, just that she may not have been complicit in the actual murder. Assisting the offenders, failure to notify the authorities- perhaps. But association does not make someone complicit.

Untitled-1.jpg

Mike Tequeli

The whole trial was a farce, I'm glad she's finally been acquitted. Still it must be sh*tty to spend four years in jail thanks to some overenthusiastic prosecutors and the collective will of the ignorant Italian masses.

user posted image

The whole trial was a farce, I'm glad she's finally been acquitted. Still it must be sh*tty to spend four years in jail thanks to some overenthusiastic prosecutors and the collective will of the ignorant Italian masses.

So who did stab her to death? The f*ckin tooth fairy?

Not Sollecito and Knox...they were in the room at the time.

Gawd 'elp us!

Edited by JOSEPH X

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

Mike Tequeli

So who did stab her to death? The f*ckin tooth fairy?

Not Sollecito and Knox...they were in the room at the time.

Gawd 'elp us!

Probably Rudy Guede, the third guy who was also charged with the murder although oddly given a lighter sentence. It's been a while since I reviewed the case but IIRC there was more evidence against him than there was for the other two.

And if you didn't know about him than you probably don't know enough about the case to be saying anything about it.

user posted image

I do he's innocent

If he is innocent, why wasn't he also acquitted? Also, how the f*ck do you know he is innocent? Seriously, you come off as a right f*cking prat saying sh*t like that with nothing back up the statement.

My advice, is withhold your opinion until you can give some substance to it. Which seems like you will forever be withholding it.

nightwalker83
I do he's innocent

If he is innocent, why wasn't he also acquitted?

He wasn't? Well, that is the last time I watch ABC there's no one on else on this WORLD America then. rolleyes.gif

I do he's innocent

If he is innocent, why wasn't he also acquitted?

He wasn't? Well, that is the last time I watch ABC there's no one on else on this WORLD America then. rolleyes.gif

Sellecito and Amanda Knox were acquitted of the crime. Rudy Guede is still serving 16 years. I presumed Joseph was referencing Guede on being innocent, since he is the only other person associated with the murder mentioned in this thread.

Lrn2comphrened.

@Joseph, you need to expand your f*cking statements. Your singular unconnected statements are adding nothing to this thread.

Rudy Guede is still serving 16 years.

Guede got 30 years, not 16. His sentence was the longest of the three.

Untitled-1.jpg

I was never able to take this story seriously after "Foxy Knoxy" started in the papers. Oh tabloids, the 4chan of journalism, you ruin everything.

user posted image

AlexGTAGamer
I was never able to take this story seriously after "Foxy Knoxy" started in the papers. Oh tabloids, the 4chan of journalism, you ruin everything.

I stopped reading about this when the papers began to use what one of the lawyers said about her [Knox], "An angel on the outside, a she-devil on the inside, who also enjoyed wild sex." dozingoff.gif

who also enjoyed wild sex.

This bit really takes the biscuit. Who the f*ck doesn't?

Untitled-1.jpg

Guede got 30 years, not 16. His sentence was the longest of the three.

He appealed his sentence and it got reduced to 16 years. Doesn't seem much at all considering the viscous way Meredith was killed. I accept Knox has been proven innocent but I just don't know how I feel about it, with the court saying that 2 people were involved, there's just something about her.