Your Game Ideas

coin-god

If you could make a game, how would it be? What genre? What gameplay? Which goals?

Do you have a great game idea in your head?

Would you make a remake of some game? Take ideas from many? Be original? 2D or 3D?

Yl8KS.jpg

A massive GTA with almost every element of RDR. A whole new story set in the present or the 90's/whatever. Think san andreas, but 10x bigger and 100x more detailed. Big cities and enormous badlands. That would blow my mind.

Edit: Yeah i suppose that's a lot like a current gen san andreas haha.

jqmqKlq.gif

Claude4Catalina

a decent next gen Vietnam game. I know BFBC2 Vietnam expansion (I shant mention a certain direct competitor) but I mean a decent campaign. think Operation Flashpoint's fireteam system but with BFBC2V's weapons.

and a Mafia game in the 60's/70's with ties to Nam, I seem to remember a game called Made Man, but by all accounts that was a bit hit and miss.

A nice cartoony platformer, ideally Muppet Monster Adventure 2, MMA was quite an obscure PS1 game, but solid gameplay, great humor and graphics that are appealing and still stand up to this day. A second one for current gen consoles, or whatever would be great. Oh and the music kicked ass!

So what if it ripped off Spyro and Crash, it was awesome and took the best parts from both series', and I still complete it at least once a year!

Right now that's off my chest I think I'll go play it icon14.gif

Considering I've recently been playing Sanitarium, I'd love to see a kind of game like that in actual 3D.

Games which focus around illusions and psychological effects are always cool and freaky.

Manhunt 3 i wud like, so much horror, so much gore, ahhh...

A Total War game with Kinect. I'd actually buy Kinect for that, being able to highlight routes and strategies with your hands and issue commands with your voice. That sh*t would be unreal.

user posted image

a free roam game that never ends. What i mean is that its sorta like THPG and how you choose what you wanna be(Gang member, drug dealer, or independent) and you move your way to the top of a criminal organizaton, but it never really ends caude it has endless missions, and a DYOM system where you create crime jobs for your self or others. It has a calander, and it can start off in the 90's and in like everytime you get 24hrs of gameplay in, it changes like 1-5 years or so. So it's sorta like GTA and sims combined biggrin.gif

user posted image

A Terminator game made by R*. They've proven themselves as good film-game makers with the Warriors. It would only take place in the first two films however, the other two don't exist.

A Terminator game made by R*. They've proven themselves as good film-game makers with the Warriors. It would only take place in the first two films however, the other two don't exist.

You don't exist.

How about a free roam game set in Space with a lot of planets to explore? Not MMO. It may contain some Multiplayer elements but it focuses on the singleplayer free roaming mission experience.

A free roam pirate game made by Rockstar, I'm not talking about that Pirates of the Caribbean BS, I'm talking about a more grittier version of it. They have proven they could make an epic cowboy game, just imagine what they could do with a pirate game!

user posted image

And now we play the waiting game...

You don't exist.

How about a free roam game set in Space with a lot of planets to explore? Not MMO. It may contain some Multiplayer elements but it focuses on the singleplayer free roaming mission experience.

No, Terminator ended with 2.

You don't exist.

imo, it ended with 3. Since that was the last one Arnie was in. tounge.gif

user posted image

You don't exist.

imo, it ended with 3. Since that was the last one Arnie was in. tounge.gif

Guys, this is not Movies Chat. Terminator ended with Terminator 4, deal with it. (I didn't like T4)

How many of you guys would like to expand more about their ideas? Not just "insert game here" like game.

Yl8KS.jpg

imo, get back on topic. wink.gif

imo, you love your job too much.

What do you want me to do when you're talking about movies in gaming chat, hand out assorted pastries and pat you on the head?

Edited by *MURDOC*
38773_s.gif

Considering I've recently been playing Sanitarium, I'd love to see a kind of game like that in actual 3D.

Games which focus around illusions and psychological effects are always cool and freaky.

Woah, I had a game idea similar to that one. I can't beleave that game exists.

I knew this topic would proof usefull.

3D remake? hmmm...

Yl8KS.jpg

imo, get back on topic. wink.gif

imo, you love your job too much. *wink wink*

But yeah, about my pirate game idea. I think Rockstar would be the perfect company to make it. They can show us a side of the pirate life we've never seen before. Free roam is a must too. Explore the 7 seas at your own pace! Maybe eventually in the game, you can lead your own crew and create your own ship. So many possibilities!

user posted image

Claude4Catalina

think "Tour of Duty: The Game" mixed with Operation Flashpoint Red River and The Warriors Game.

The setting would be simply "the 60's", so a variety of music, slang and equipment from the 60's would make an appearance. Certain missions would be references to real life events and films. Your character would start out as a PFC within an unspecified Platoon in the Marines Corps. In the third mission, your Platoon is ambushed and you are the only one of your Fireteam who survives, thus you gain the rank of Corporal, which grants you the ability to suggest strategic plans to the Squad's Sergeant, as well as give orders to your three Private's in your Fireteam. Midway through the game, you have become one of the few original members of the Squad, alongside two other Corporal's. In an incident that see's you risk your own life to save the Sergeant, which proves all to be in vain, you then take the deceased Sergeant's place and earn a Purple Heart for your wounds. With the rank of Sergeant, you are now in direct communication with the Platoon's Staff Sergeant and the Leuitenant. You can order each Fireteam to do different tasks while on missions and the Fire Support menu is unlocked, meaning you can use a variety of Air Support and Artillery to your advantage.

The final mission see's you first providing covering fire with an M40A1 from a ridge as the rest of the Platoon fights for control of a valley, which eventually leads to a hill, which the NVA are using as a base of command. Joining the Platoon back on the ground right before the assault on the hill, you find out that three members of the Platoon are "short"; in other words, not far away from serving their mandatory tour, and then leaving to go back home. With a bombardment of Air Support thundering on top of the hill, you begin the climb. Ignoring the Danger Close warnings from the Flyboys, one Fireteam ends up wiped out by a Napalm Strike. You wait it out before venturing up the hill, a battle which inccurs many losses. When you reach the top, the hill is eventually taken, only for you to find that you have been wounded again, but somehow didn't notice it during the heat of battle, adrenaline kept you going. With the second Purple Heart, you are eventually sent home, the game ends with you waiting in the Firebase's offices for your Transfer papers.

The Firebase serves as hideout The Warrior's had in the game, you are free to roam around it (weapon's on safe of course) and you can do variour activities;

Drink and play cards with the more respectable members of the Platoon.

Smoke, drink and play cards with the less reputable members in a different pitch.

Converse with other Platoon members, the conversation changes based on who died in recent missions, what the upcoming mission involves and events back home.

Hit the makeshift gym to bulk up, meaning you can carry more weapons and ammo:

Level Zero: Can carry base weapons, an M16A1 and an M1911A1

Level One: M16A1 can be traded in for an M60

Level Two: M1911A1 can be traded for an M37 shotgun

Level Three: You may now carry an M72 LAW on your back along with your normal weapons

Level Four: The M79 Thumper(if unlocked) is now useable to substitue either Primary or Secondary weapons

Level Five: +50% more carried ammo for all weapons.

You can also hit up the Firing Range to test your weapon abilities to unlock more weapons and increase your accuracy:

Level Zero: you are fairly accurate with the M16A1, you can lock on at medium distances.

Level One: Gives M203 Attachment for M16A1

Level Two: Upgrades M60 with a deployable Bipod

Level Three: You now have an XM177E1 available instead of the M16A1

Level Four: You can now use the Stoner 63A LMG in place of the M60

Level Five: Lock on increased for M16A1/XM177E1

The shooting and cover mechanics would be based on GTA IV's, however when you press "Zoom" you automatically are put into an over the should viewpoint. Crouching also increases your accuracy ten-fold, and lying prone decreases visiblilty for both you and the enemy. Crouching at a raised surface and going prone automatically plants the Light Machine Gun's Bipod if unlocked, which lowers recoil a significant amount.

Claude4Catalina

in the land of make believe where nerds get laid and junk food builds muscle...

...and also, HBO have commissioned Rockstar to produce a game that uses elements of LA Noire but set in modern day Baltimore, as a follow up to their successful series The Wire.

in Balw'mer, 2010, you catch up with the remains of the final series and see that the game hasn't change, it's just gotten a lot more fierce and new players fill the shoes of old friends. you play as Detective Dan Phelps and you realize the theme of repetition.

The first chapter is under Lieutenant Ellis Carver's command in Traffic, and to close the case and vehicles going missing, you end up back at the docks, with the Stevedore's Union back and Johnny Fifty at the head of the table. after tracing the rides back to containers shipping out to Greece, you are put into the next chapter.

chapter two is run by Claude Diggins in the Marine Unit. this involves patrolling the seas and enforcing that no unauthorized ships enter the shipping lanes. after a medium sized cargo ship is found dead in the water with a kilo of heroin loaded up, Dan Phelps is in the center of a conspiracy reminiscent of Season 2. with no Captain, no documents aboard the ship, it is left a mystery.

chapter three skips ahead six months, with the dead ship still unsolved, Phelps is transferred to Lieutenant Torret's Quick Response Team, where on a raid on one of Marlo Stanfield's old processing plants reveals the drugs in the ship (The Oceanic Cruiser) were destined for this processing apartment and Marlo is rebuilding his empire.

chapter four starts with the recommissioning of the Major Crimes Unit, which Lieutenant Jay Landsman heads up. Dan is put under Sergeant Vernon Holley, who uses brutal tactics of gaining information from the streets of Balw'mer. Holley ends up killing Marlo Stanfield during the attempted hold up of the same Korean store that Omar Little was killed in. as it happens, Marlo was trying to find out what happened to Omar and how things fell apart for him.

the final chapter, Duquan Weems is found dead on the streets, strung up for everyone to see. an interesting wound to the lower left stomach is found from a .45 pistol; the poor man's machete in Baltimore. eventually the murder is linked back to Randy Wagstaff, who operates as muscle for Michael Lee. with various drug dealers wounded and stash spots raided, it is clear that Michael Lee is becoming what Omar Little was. Michael is trailled back down to the port, where he is seen dropping his shotgun into the water by Claude Diggins. Digsy informs Phelp's who races to the scene but see's that Michael is unarmed. after Michael's speech about how none of it was worth it, the killing, the giving away of drugs, he pulls out his .45 from his jacket, his final weapon. you are either given the choice of killing him with a headshot of multiple body shots, or wounding Michael and taking him in the for questioning.

if you kill Michael, you case if left red on the MCU board and Landsman assigns Leander Sydnor to the case, closing the game on a bitter note.

if you wound Michael, he is arrested and questioned, and Dan is offered the position of Sergeant almost guaranteed for him if he scores higher than 50% on his Sergeant's exam. with the new stripes, Dan is seen in a happier environment, a decent rank, and the case is closed.

/half baked fanboy idea.

I did always think a spin of The Wire produced by Rockstar with LA Noire elemtns would work to an extent.

I want to see Rockstar take a shot at developing the first truly successful prison game, taking a lot of influence from HBO's Oz. The game would revolve around survival through interaction with the other inmates and their respective gangs. You'd be able to forge alliances, manipulate other inmates to your advantage, get involved in the drug trade, etc. Weapons would include a range of different shanks and improvised weapons, with graphic Manhunt-style executions. The game could include a variety of psychological themes associated with life imprisonment. Like Oz, you'd be admitted to a huge maximum security prison where a special program allows inmates to have privileges and more freedoms, on the condition that they show proper conduct. There would be privileged access to things like a gym, library, computers, etc. There would also be different jobs for you to do which could branch into minigames and side missions, like working the kitchen, mail room, infirmary, laundry room, and more. Each one would have a benefit to take advantage of, like using the mail room to smuggle contraband or stealing medical supplies from the hospital ward. Money earned through working would be spent at the commissary shop. Money could also be used to bribe guards and inmates to do favors and commit murders.

I want to see Rockstar take a shot at developing the first truly successful prison game, taking a lot of influence from HBO's Oz. The game would revolve around survival through interaction with the other inmates and their respective gangs. You'd be able to forge alliances, manipulate other inmates to your advantage, get involved in the drug trade, etc. Weapons would include a range of different shanks and improvised weapons, with graphic Manhunt-style executions. The game could include a variety of psychological themes associated with life imprisonment. Like Oz, you'd be admitted to a huge maximum security prison where a special program allows inmates to have privileges and more freedoms, on the condition that they show proper conduct. There would be privileged access to things like a gym, library, computers, etc. There would also be different jobs for you to do which could branch into minigames and side missions, like working the kitchen, mail room, infirmary, laundry room, and more. Each one would have a benefit to take advantage of, like using the mail room to smuggle contraband or stealing medical supplies from the hospital ward. Money earned through working would be spent at the commissary shop. Money could also be used to bribe guards and inmates to do favors and commit murders.

That would be pretty cool. Kinda like Mafia II.

I want to see a game that's kind of a mix between GTA and Manhunt. Like you'd be in a city but it was a part of the city that's very abandoned with lots of gangs and sh*t but still a few people who act as friends in the game. Unlike Manhunt, you'd be able to use vehicles and even though there's really not too many people cops would come during the finale.

Edited by LuisBellic

1. I want a free roam predator game where u play as the predator and hunt some aggressive and worthy prey on Earth or other Planets.

2. A Jason Voorhees game just where u will kill some teenage campers on Camp Crystal Lake. Manhunt style of executions.

3. A free roam serial killer game just like Dexter TV series. Where u can be a killer of killers just like Dexter or you can be a psychopath killer just like Jack the ripper or the Zodiac killer.

vertical limit

A game trilogy based upon the Oceons Trilogy.

It would be an open world game.

Don't mind if the cars are licensed or not.

Missions would obviously be based upon the Movie.

Oh god those movies sucked.

I didn't even know there was a third, that's terrible.

I enjoyed the original though.

(by 'original', I mean not the remake)

Edited by *MURDOC*
38773_s.gif

vertical limit
Oh god those movies sucked.

I didn't even know there was a third, that's terrible.

I enjoyed the original though.

You should watch the third.

The first was the best then it went down because of Oceons 12 but then it rose up to be almost as good as the original.

I would make a prequel to red dead redemption and set it in 1905, when John was an outlaw and ran with dutches gang. It will be set in a different map and contains the same amount of missions as the original one, the gameplay will be pretty much the same except with new outfits and gang hideouts and such. Im also geared towards a game that never ends until your old, which means you start off as 12 until your elderly, so it's basically a game that extends your whole life.